Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: YouTube TV dropping Fox Sports regional networks

Re: YouTube TV dropping Fox Sports regional networks

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I thought Grande was much better than Marty.
    I just want to know what's happening on the field.. not about the announcer's golf games, walks on the golden gate bridge with his wife, tomatoes, his opinions on every other sport, etc
    marty could paint a picture of the game with his words. george could not do that, imo. then again, one was a radio announcer and one was tv, so apples/oranges i suppose.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I thought Grande was much better than Marty.
    I just want to know what's happening on the field.. not about the announcer's golf games, walks on the golden gate bridge with his wife, tomatoes, his opinions on every other sport, etc
    We live in a day and age where every void, every second, has to be filled with something to keep us occupied and entertained. When I go down to GABP anymore I wonder how many of these people are actually here FOR THE GAME!

You walk around the stadium and it's like a giant interactive mall with all types of activities going on to entertain people.

"Oh look Marge! They built a baseball field in the center! Cool!" LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

4. Likes:

North (03-04-2020),REDREAD (03-05-2020)

I actually got to meet and talk with George Grande after a game a few years back. Super nice guy, always smiling, very friendly and cordial. I put him in the same category as former WLW morning host Jim Scott. Just too damn nice (and syrupy), and pushing them Grippo Chips lol

[I didn't like to listen to either]
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

6. Likes:

cumberlandreds (03-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Thrall has a tough act to follow. It helps that he was with them last year so fans could get used to him. But there are going to be some fans who are upset that Marty won't be around anymore. It was tough for Steve Stewart when he replaced Joe. He was gone after a few years and I think a part of it was because he took Joe's place. You don't want to be the guy who replaces the legend. You want to be the guy who replaces the guy who replaced the legend. However, Vin Scully retired, Ernie Harwell retired, Jack Buck retired and Harry Carey passed away. These legends have all been replaced for better or for worse and fans are just going to have to accept it which they will eventually do.
    Fans will be easier on Thrall since Marty voluntarily retired. Joe was clearly pushed out the door.

8. Likes:

919191 (03-05-2020),Chip R (03-04-2020),cumberlandreds (03-04-2020),REDREAD (03-05-2020),Revering4Blue (03-05-2020)

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    We live in a day and age where every void, every second, has to be filled with something to keep us occupied and entertained. When I go down to GABP anymore I wonder how many of these people are actually here FOR THE GAME!
    Hey, as long as they're there.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

10. Likes:

GAC (03-04-2020)

Apparently there's an agreement in place where three networks are getting cut but the remainder will stay on YouTubeTV. And it looks like FS Ohio is on the good news list.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

12. Likes:

Always Red (03-05-2020),androosh (03-05-2020),Boss-Hog (03-05-2020),Chip R (03-05-2020),HammerTime (03-05-2020),StRedlegs900 (03-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Apparently there's an agreement in place where three networks are getting cut but the remainder will stay on YouTubeTV. And it looks like FS Ohio is on the good news list.
    From what I can see, YES, Fox Sports Prime Ticket, and Fox Sports West are the only ones they're dropping. The others will remain at least until the conclusion of the MLB season.

14. Likes:

Always Red (03-05-2020),hebroncougar (03-05-2020)

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

YouTube TV dropping Fox Sports regional networks

My YouTube TV feed of the game just stopped.

Message says this program not available

Switch to mlbtv and it’s on there

Shrug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Red Raindog; 03-05-2020 at 03:39 PM.
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Quote Originally Posted by Red Raindog View Post
    My YouTube TV feed of the game just stopped.

Message says this program not available

Switch to mlbtv and it’s on there

Shrug

Maybe because it's on MLB TV. Sort of a blackout thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I’m missing all the fox sports channels on my YouTube tv feed. Seems like they lost them for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by mgbrown66 View Post
    I’m missing all the fox sports channels on my YouTube tv feed. Seems like they lost them for a bit.
    It did the same with me. I contacted them and they said it was no longer available in my area. I told them that FSO was the only reason I was using their service and they refunded my subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by scotly50 View Post
    It did the same with me. I contacted them and they said it was no longer available in my area. I told them that FSO was the only reason I was using their service and they refunded my subscription.
    That does not match what was reported which was that Fox Ohio was going to stay

Amazing

I miss Raisor

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Those of you who got "kicked off" mid-game, where is it that you live?

I've been asking around and it seems that in Cincinnati/Dayton, Fox Sports Ohio is still there and working via YoutubeTV. But if you are somewhere that may have a "closer" Fox Sports station, it's gone from your lineup. Very limited data sample I'm working with - but that's what I'm seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Those of you who got "kicked off" mid-game, where is it that you live?

I've been asking around and it seems that in Cincinnati/Dayton, Fox Sports Ohio is still there and working via YoutubeTV. But if you are somewhere that may have a "closer" Fox Sports station, it's gone from your lineup. Very limited data sample I'm working with - but that's what I'm seeing.
    Northern Indiana - in the Reds viewing area according to MLB

I have zero Fox Sports feeds at this time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I miss Raisor

I’m in Columbus and have YouTube TV. My FSO feed is working just fine. Sounds like I’m a lucky one.
    I've got my pride, I drink my wine

Turn Off Ads?