Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: How many games do you think the Reds will win this season?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • 98 or More (Over .600 W%)

0 0%
  • 95-97

4 3.54%
  • 92-94

19 16.81%
  • 89-91

30 26.55%
  • 86-88

35 30.97%
  • 83-85

16 14.16%
  • 80-82 (.500 W%)

6 5.31%
  • 77-79

2 1.77%
  • 74-76

1 0.88%
  • 71-73

0 0%
  • 68-70

0 0%
  • 65-67

0 0%
  • 64 or Less (Under .400W%)

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Make Your 2020 Cincinnati Reds' Win Total Prediction

Re: Make Your 2020 Cincinnati Reds' Win Total Prediction

87-77, I think the team has gotten better and the division has gotten worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

2. Likes:

RedsfaninMT (03-01-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Plus Plus View Post
    87-77, I think the team has gotten better and the division has gotten worse.
    87-77 would be a truly historic record.

I’m shooting for the moon and going 92-70 and October baseball because constant pessimism blows.

Quote Originally Posted by ochoa30 View Post
    I went 83-85. I think that would be pretty solid.

8 more than 2019 which was 8 more than 2018’s 67.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    I guess I am a pessimist. I went with 77-78 wins.

I look for injuries to result in significant upheaval to both the rotation and to the starting position players. I also am not very optimistic that Votto will have a bounce back year.
    They won 75 games last year. With all the talent they've added, you only think it equates to 2-3 extra wins?

93. It may be a bit optimistic, but I am looking forward to a fun season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Jones View Post
    87-77 would be a truly historic record.

I’m shooting for the moon and going 92-70 and October baseball because constant pessimism blows.
    Weekend math lol

87-75
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

90-72 and the division title.

10. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (03-02-2020)

88 wins. I really like the Castellanos and Moustakas signings. Those are solid middle of the line-up bats that the team didn't have and added to Suarez and Winker give the team a solid offensive core . Instead of everybody needing to have a good year, only a couple of the question marks (Votto, Senzel, Aquino, Akiyama) need to come through for this to be a solid offense. Mixing and matching and giving Votto, Senzel, Winker and others more time off should help keep them healthy and make them more productive. IMO, Bauer is the weakest link in the rotation and he could end up being well above average.

I'd say this is a 90+ win team if the bullpen comes through. I'm not as sold on the unprovens as many on here seem to be. Reed, Sims, streaky Garrett (who would be better with less work IMO), untested Stephenson, gopher balling Iggy need to all come through. With the number of innings the bullpen is called on these days, even one or two of these guys proving to be a weak link will lose a lot of games for the team. I'm still hoping for a trade to add another high leverage guy.
    Last edited by mth123; 03-02-2020 at 07:44 AM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

86. It's tough to go from 75 wins to 90+ no matter how many changes you make. Still a marked improvement and it should be a fun season.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    86. It's tough to go from 75 wins to 90+ no matter how many changes you make. Still a marked improvement and it should be a fun season.
    Conversely it tough to go from the best record in baseball to the worst...but I seen that happen. LOL

I am going for 85 wins as well.. That's an "if everything goes right" scenerio.
    I agree with other posters, a key injury or two and we are hosed.

I do think adding Wade Miley as the 5th starter will help the rotation tremendously. Reds have been hemorrhaging losses out of the #5 spot in the rotation ever since the last good team was torn down.
    He's probably at least a 4 win swing by himself, just because he's replacing dreck (I have no stats to prove it, just a gut feeling).

The new bats will help as well, but the past tells us that it's very hard to slug your way into the postseason. Bullpen will be a mess again. Defense is mediocre at best. That will cost us during the season.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

24 hours in and we've had 87 unique users view the thread and 48 vote in the poll. That's fine, the poll is open for four weeks, just don't forget to come back and lock in a choice.

16. Likes:

REDREAD (03-02-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by BobRoberts View Post
    They won 75 games last year. With all the talent they've added, you only think it equates to 2-3 extra wins?
    On paper, we thought they added a lot of talent last year. But Scooter got hurt. Alex Wood got hurt. Puig, Votto, and Perazza all decided to have their career worst seasons at the same time.

I'm not expecting a huge uptick in wins. I think there is a lot of regression due to several players. I fully expect the starting rotation - despite how highly ranked they may be - to experience regression, especially Castillo and Gray. I think Bauer will be better than last year, but I'm still wondering if Disco and Miley are due for slight regressions.

I don't see any bounce back year from Votto. I am already on record as saying that Votto needs to prove he can still make solid contact and drive the ball, or the number of walks will start dropping. I think Suarez is due to have a down year. I'm thinking both Moose and Castellanos will have some regression. I think Shogo will be okay, and Senzel and Winker may both tick up their numbers a little. Galvis may end up being the pleasant surprise of the season, but it won't be enough.

Don't get me started on injuries ...
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

92. The rest of the division didn't get any better and may have regressed. Reds got better by taking Moose from Brewers and Cast from Cubs. Brewers also lost Grandal. Cards lost Ozuna. No one added significant pitching.

90-72

Turn Off Ads?