Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 3/5/2020 Reds vs. Brewers - Senzel debut, Castellanos return, AA in CF

Re: 3/5/2020 Reds vs. Brewers - Senzel debut, Castellanos return, AA in CF

Despite the 0 for 3 Senzel has looked good. Happy he's back. Hopefully he can get that timing down and hit the ground running.

2. Likes:

Ron Madden (03-05-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I don't know. It would be just our luck if we traded an outfielder then one of two of the ones we keep will spend a lot of time in the IL.depth

I like having the depth.
    I'd rather keep the extra talented OFers than trade one for a less talented player just to balance things out
    If you’re trying for a pennant, you need strong backups all over the field. You need a very strong bullpen.

IMO Reds have focused very heavily on outfielders and not enough elsewhere. I’d like to see them balance it out.

Straw man to say trade for less talented player. How about equally talented player at different position.
    Last edited by Kc61; 03-05-2020 at 04:43 PM.

For last season to be such a crappy season.....there was some exciting stuff going on all year....we had the dominance of Castillo the first half of the season.....then Sonny was near lock down the back half of the season. We had Senzel mania for a few weeks when he first arrived....even a little excitement around the same time when his buddy VanMeter was raking. The Aquino month was simply must watch baseball. The Bauer trade. Seemed like it was something always keeping us engaged even though we never closed the gap in the standings.

6. Likes:

Ron Madden (03-05-2020),Stingray (03-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by ochoa30 View Post
    Despite the 0 for 3 Senzel has looked good. Happy he's back. Hopefully he can get that timing down and hit the ground running.
    he is just one of those dudes that always looks like a good baseball player for some reason.....if you came out of a coma all season and he was at the plate, you likely would assume he is a good hitter if that makes sense.

8. Likes:

ochoa30 (03-05-2020)

I like Jim Day up in the booth. To answer his question.... I want Mahle in AAA starting, not in the pen.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

10. Likes:

mth123 (03-06-2020),Ron Madden (03-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    If you’re trying for a pennant, you need strong backups all over the field. You need a very strong bullpen.

IMO Reds have focused very heavily on outfielders and not enough elsewhere. I’d like to see them balance it out.
    I think the bullpen could be really good.....average....or bad. I know that sounds silly, but I just think there is a lot of unproven high potential beyond the 3 or 4 main guys (Strop, Lorenzen, Garrett and Iglesias).

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I like Jim Day up in the booth. To answer his question.... I want Mahle in AAA starting, not in the pen.
    Why?

I agree with both points

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I think the bullpen could be really good.....average....or bad. I know that sounds silly, but I just think there is a lot of unproven high potential beyond the 3 or 4 main guys (Strop, Lorenzen, Garrett and Iglesias).
    Iglesias was a HR machine last year. Garrett a walk machine. Strop rebounding from injury. Three spots are essentially open. I”m not so into unproven potential this year. Rebuild is over.

Bullpen might be ok, guys may rebound, but there is room to use an outfielder to get another very good reliever.

We have plenty of good guys in pen, we keep him "rotation ready" to step in at moment's notice, he gets more work which he needs, we preserve his service time.

16. Likes:

ochoa30 (03-05-2020),Ron Madden (03-05-2020)

for sure.....what is the expected rotation the first week in Louisville? Mahle, Santillan, Guttierrez?, Antone?, Ramono?

We have plenty of good guys in pen, we keep him "rotation ready" to step in at moment's notice, he gets more work which he needs, we preserve his service time.
    Mostly bounce back guys coming off injury, some still trying to make majors.

It’s fine, but the idea this year is wins, not development, not trying guys out. Still room to add.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Iglesias was a HR machine last year. Garrett a walk machine. Strop rebounding from injury. Three spots are essentially open. I”m not so into unproven potential this year. Rebuild is over.

Bullpen might be ok, guys may rebound, but there is room to use an outfielder to get another very good reliever.
    I would be ok with it also....but just hoping Stephenson has another good year.....guys like Reed and Sims have shown they have the ability to be very good in that role if they can be consistent.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

No idea if this is permanent but the Reds’ feed on my YouTube TV has disappeared for me.

Mid game

Tried a couple devices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    for sure.....what is the expected rotation the first week in Louisville? Mahle, Santillan, Guttierrez?, Antone?, Ramono?
    I think DeLeon also, so probably Santillan in AA. I personally would have Romano in bullpen.

Turn Off Ads?