Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 112

Thread: aquino

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    591

    aquino

    162 game average according to baseball reference 54 hrs base on last years 200 some odd plate appearances

    ,, yes lets send him to the minors

  2. Likes:

    goreds2 (03-08-2020)

  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #2
    Member Bourgeois Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5,689

    Re: aquino

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    162 game average according to baseball reference 54 hrs base on last years 200 some odd plate appearances

    ,, yes lets send him to the minors
    Who is he going to play in front of?

  5. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    39

    Re: aquino

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    162 game average according to baseball reference 54 hrs base on last years 200 some odd plate appearances

    ,, yes lets send him to the minors
    100% to minors. He can’t hit anything but a fastball

    Has Option.

    Hell never be a full time mlb ofer anyway

  6. #4
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    12,970

    Re: aquino

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    162 game average according to baseball reference 54 hrs base on last years 200 some odd plate appearances

    ,, yes lets send him to the minors
    Almost all of those times on base came in August. He was completely awful in September, this winter, and now this spring. He still has the rest of spring to start hitting, but breaking news he looks really bad out there right now.

    He hasn’t earned anything and has to prove he can hit anything but a grooved fastball. Who do you send to the minors instead of him?

    Also, the poster above me is clearly Bresser.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  7. #5
    Member tripleaaaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fort Thomas, KY
    Posts
    661

    Re: aquino

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Almost all of those times on base came in August. He was completely awful in September, this winter, and now this spring. He still has the rest of spring to start hitting, but breaking news he looks really bad out there right now.

    He hasn’t earned anything and has to prove he can hit anything but a grooved fastball. Who do you send to the minors instead of him?

    Also, the poster above me is clearly Bresser.
    But don’t forget that 1 week at the end of the year where he “adjusted” and “bounced back”. 🙄

    He was a flash in the pan, it was fun while it lasted but you hit it here. Can only hit 1 pitch.
    ___________________
    Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic. ~Bull Durham

  8. #6
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    12,970

    Re: aquino

    He screams Chris Shelton to me.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  9. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    823

    Re: aquino

    the reds are well aware that aquino's august was likely a fluke. if the reds believed in aquino, would they have spent big money to sign castellanos? heck no. this is also the same front office that left aquino unprotected following the 2018 season, and zero teams in major league baseball wanted him.

    if last year wasn't a fluke, he will get a chance to prove it again this year. the entire outfield will not stay healthy for 162 games. guys will need to rest. there will be a guy or two who is not producing, etc. then aquino will get his chance to show whether 8/19 was a fluke or not.

    the reds' front office sure seems to think it was a fluke based on their actions.

  10. Likes:

    BillDoran (03-11-2020),OGB (03-08-2020),wlf WV (03-08-2020)

  11. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    591

    Re: aquino

    at least he gave the pitchers something to adjust to what has winker done?
    George Foster wasa fourth outfielder for the giants until given a shot
    Schebler was allowed to rot for eight weeks bases on a lot less than what aquino did

  12. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    591

    Re: aquino

    yes you guys are all correct he should be playing behind all the other reds outfielders that won player of the month in their careers

  13. Likes:

    goreds2 (03-08-2020),malcontent (04-01-2020)

  14. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    823

    Re: aquino

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    at least he gave the pitchers something to adjust to what has winker done?
    George Foster wasa fourth outfielder for the giants until given a shot
    Schebler was allowed to rot for eight weeks bases on a lot less than what aquino did
    winker has been a consistent hitter throughout his professional career, including his entire minor league career.

    winker career minor league ops: .846.

    winker career major league ops: .845.
    Last edited by JFLegal; 03-08-2020 at 10:36 AM.

  15. Likes:

    dfs (03-08-2020),mth123 (03-08-2020)

  16. #11
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    12,970

    Re: aquino

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    yes you guys are all correct he should be playing behind all the other reds outfielders that won player of the month in their careers
    Player of the month? Who could care about a player of the month award?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  17. #12
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    12,970

    Re: aquino

    Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    the reds are well aware that aquino's august was likely a fluke. if the reds believed in aquino, would they have spent big money to sign castellanos? heck no. this is also the same front office that left aquino unprotected following the 2018 season, and zero teams in major league baseball wanted him.

    if last year wasn't a fluke, he will get a chance to prove it again this year. the entire outfield will not stay healthy for 162 games. guys will need to rest. there will be a guy or two who is not producing, etc. then aquino will get his chance to show whether 8/19 was a fluke or not.

    the reds' front office sure seems to think it was a fluke based on their actions.
    Bingo
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  18. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    591

    Re: aquino

    winning player of the month and rookie of the month puts him in rarefied company,, my thinking is not swayed by what the reds front office thinks,, the reds front office is obviously the envy of baseball thinkers, given their unparalleled level of success

  19. Likes:

    goreds2 (03-08-2020),Tomlin8 (03-08-2020),wally post (03-08-2020)

  20. #14
    Member corkedbat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    11,076

    Re: aquino

    Maybe there is a team out there that believes as the OP and they can still flip him for something useful (while they still can).

  21. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    154

    Re: aquino

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    yes you guys are all correct he should be playing behind all the other reds outfielders that won player of the month in their careers
    Player of the Month flags fly forever, guys.

    jvs

  22. Likes:

    JarrodOnVinyl (03-09-2020),Number_Fourteen (03-08-2020),Wonderful Monds (03-08-2020)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator