Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: aquino

Re: aquino

Given how Aquino has looked this Spring, he needs to start the yr in AAA and let him earn his way back to Cincinnati

2. Turn Off Ads?
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    it takes talent to hit all those homers in a month, let me know when winker and senzel combine to hit that many homers in a month
    No it doesn’t lol. If Chris Shelton had the juiced ball Aquino was hitting, he would’ve hit at least that many in April 2006, probably more. They sent that dude down a couple months later.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    No it doesn’t lol. If Chris Shelton had the juiced ball Aquino was hitting, he would’ve hit at least that many in April 2006, probably more. They sent that dude down a couple months later.
    For the record, the ball in AAA last year was not juiced. It just was the same ball that MLB uses. So it shouldn’t have much of an effect for players going from AAA to MLB.

Also, Aquino didn’t have many cheap HR’s last year. He hits them far regardless of the ball.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Given how Aquino has looked this Spring, he needs to start the yr in AAA and let him earn his way back to Cincinnati
    It’s the first two weeks of spring training. Hitters are often behind hitters this early.

That said, if he doesn’t show better pitch recognition, he should spend some time in AAA. I don’t care much where he plays to start the season. I just want him getting regular playing time somewhere.

6. Likes:

Sea Ray (03-08-2020)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    It’s the first two weeks of spring training. Hitters are often behind hitters this early.

That said, if he doesn’t show better pitch recognition, he should spend some time in AAA. I don’t care much where he plays to start the season. I just want him getting regular playing time somewhere.
    He also looked awful in winter ball too, didn’t he?

8. Likes:

MoneyInTheBank (03-08-2020)

Thene are plenty of reason for concern about Aquino. But his ability to hit HR’s is not one of them.

I have never seen such negation of talent as this forum with aquino,, look at all the chances reed, stephenson, schebler, and innumerable other retreads have gotten

I have never seen such negation of talent as this forum with aquino,, look at all the chances reed, stephenson, schebler, and innumerable other retreads have gotten
    Isn't it a good thing they have moved forward from the days of retreads, reclamation projects and failed prospects?

The Aquino ride was incredible. He's not just a prospect that has all the potential but hasn't produced. He flashed but has fizzled pretty badly since. The Reds added 2 guys they expect to get regular ABs (Castellanos and Akiyama), have a player who has a career .900 OPS vs. RHP and their most highly regarded prospect in recent history. It's less about Aquino and more about an OF overflowing with talent.

is it so important to be right with phrases - "can't (rather than can) how many players have a good month and a bad month and are not written off as retreads, and failed prospects. and the number of times I've read the cliches of "small sample size" to prove (without doubt) a point of view. Was Aquino's bad month the worse month of any regular in 2019?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

This needs to die, quickly. He played 11 games. He walked 3 times and struck out 6 times.

14. Likes:

Big Klu (03-09-2020)

much too quick to dismiss a gargantuan Brobdinagean, behemoth potency in a short period of time talen like that is not common

Stick him in AAA and play him every day.

The first week of the season wherever he is he may hit 4 HR or he may go 0-25. Let’s be sure to evaluate him after at least a month. No hot takes coming from me for at least a month.

17. Likes:

Sea Ray (03-08-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    This needs to die, quickly. He played 11 games. He walked 3 times and struck out 6 times.
    He didn’t look very good in winter ball.

162 game average according to baseball reference 54 hrs base on last years 200 some odd plate appearances

,, yes lets send him to the minors
    Who would you say he reminds you more of, Duane Walker or Melvin Nieves?
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

20. Likes:

NebraskaRed (03-08-2020),Old school 1983 (03-08-2020),westofyou (03-08-2020),Wonderful Monds (03-08-2020)

much too quick to dismiss a gargantuan Brobdinagean, behemoth potency in a short period of time talen like that is not common
    Lets skip the waiting period and go ahead and put him in the hall right now.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?