Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
I always think you have the tournament. Mid major tournaments are great, and those guys get more eyeballs in their tournament than they do all season. I know the WCC has recently been a 2 bid league, but San Francisco is not one of those teams and they nearly just knocked off Gonzaga and would have been one win away from an auto bid. Finally, without the tournament and tournament seeding, many teams would have nothing to really play for halfway through the season.....but with the tournament, they always have that carrot out there....because it is always better to be a 5 Seed instead of a 9 Seed.
I get what you're saying. And don't get me wrong, I love this time of year in college basketball. But it's akin to the NFL playing a 16-game regular season and then each division playing a single-elimination tourney in Week 17 and 18 to determine division champion.

So the 2-14 Bengals still have a chance at the end of the year if they play out of their minds and catch the 12-4 Ravens on a bad day in January.