Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: College Basketball 2020 Part 2: March Madness!

Re: College Basketball 2020 Part 2: March Madness!

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    I'd like to think fsu will say "Thanks but no Thanks" but you know they won't, banners are being printed right now.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Dickie V is already pushing trying to get Kentucky to play Iona for the Jimmy V Classic.

I say no way. Pitino has burnt his bridges in Kentucky. He’s now at a mid major trying to rehab his image. If Kentucky wins they were supposed to win. If they lose, the media and seeding fallout will be on par with Evansville and probably worse because it’s Pitino.

Hard pass. Move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

5. Likes:

cumberlandreds (03-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    smart move....Pitino will be worth every penny for that program for a couple years. I personally think many schools with openings messed up by passing on the man....he is truly one of the greatest to ever do it. He is a flawed man, but in a sport where Bill Self and Will Wade are still making millions of dollars on the sidelines, Pitino fits in well.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Dickie V is already pushing trying to get Kentucky to play Iona for the Jimmy V Classic.

I say no way. Pitino has burnt his bridges in Kentucky. He’s now at a mid major trying to rehab his image. If Kentucky wins they were supposed to win. If they lose, the media and seeding fallout will be on par with Evansville and probably worse because it’s Pitino.

Hard pass. Move on.

Bill Self wants everyone to know that he would be ok if the NCAA used the polls to crown a national champion this season.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Bill Self wants everyone to know that he would be ok if the NCAA used the polls to crown a national champion this season.
    What would you think if West Virginia was #1 in the final poll?

10. Likes:

cumberlandreds (03-17-2020),dubc47834 (03-17-2020)

12. Likes:

cumberlandreds (03-18-2020),jimbo (03-19-2020)

James Madison hires Georgia Southern coach and former UNC Wilmington player, Mark Byington. I think I like it but I’ve been fooled before.

https://jmusports.com/news/2020/3/20...ead-coach.aspx
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

ESPN's Way too early Top 25 is problematic for any WVU fan....#24? Per their writeup, they are basing this on only senior attrition, and WVU was ranked higher than #24 most of this season and only loses one starter/contributor who averaged 9/4/2 per game (Haley). Everyone else returns including the best front court in the country in Derek Culver and Oscar Tshiebwe. On top of that we have break out freshman Miles McBride returning with scoring threats such as Emmitt Matthews, Taz Sherman, Sean McNeil and Jordan McCabe (All were inconsistent but showed flashes that they can fill up the box score, and most first year transfer players have far better second seasons in Huggins program).Finally, do all the dirty work wonder Gabe Osabuohien is back! The lineup will be adding 4 Star ESPN 100 Red Shirt Freshman SF Jalen Bridges and 4 Star ESPN 100 true Freshman PF Isaiah Cottrell to the lineup....along with a very good JC PG Kedrian Johnson and Huggins special do everything athlete in true Freshman SF Taj Thweatt out of New Jersey. This is a team that could be the most versatile and talented roster Huggins has ever coached, at least @ WVU. This is the same group of Freshman and Sophomores that just beat #4 Baylor a couple weeks ago that will be a year older/improved and the talent entering is far greater than the talent exiting.

I get the programs with the Top 5 or 10 classes will often start the season taking up most of the Top 10, but it truly is a slight to not have this WVU team in the Top 15. I am not concerned over the ranking if it resembles the actual polls because we will have ample opportunity to prove ourselves early in the season with the Battle 4 Atlantis's impressive field of teams (Duke (#6), Ohio State (#13), Creighton (#2), Wichita State, Utah, Texas A&M and Memphis), then Purdue in the Hall of Fame Invitational, a Big East team in the Big East/Big12 Battle, and a supposedly improved Pitt team; still I feel the slight is fairly heavy. I was right 2 years ago when I projected the early polls had WVU significantly over ranked....and I was right this year when WVU was significantly underranked in the preseason (KenPom in the 60's)....this will be 3 years in a row of being correct about this team being valued incorrectly!
    Last edited by adkindo; 03-24-2020 at 12:18 AM.

this guy just can't help himself.....

Dan Dakich under investigation for comments on Scottsburg basketball coach firing

Dan Dakich went on a 5-minute rant on his radio show Wednesday, lambasting the firing of Scottsburg High's basketball coach, calling a player a "methhead," urging listeners to go "take a dump" in Scottsburg and threatening, "I may just drive down there and beat the hell out of every school board member."

The tirade, including Dakich saying Scottsburg is a town full of "meth and AIDS and needles” set off a string of emails and calls from residents to WFNI The Fan, where his noon to 3 p.m. "The Dan Dakich Show" airs.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Dayton's Toppin/Grant AP POTY/COTY.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

17. Likes:

adkindo (03-25-2020),BillDoran (03-24-2020),cumberlandreds (03-26-2020),jimbo (03-24-2020)

I was wrong
    Chip is right

I read that article earlier, and I have no issue jumping on Izzo, but I can see that taking place without any intended malice. They find out their player is accused of something, and just reaching out to a potential witness that they know personally to see if he has any information. Maybe it was not the correct procedure, but the headline sounds worse than the story in my opinion.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I read that article earlier, and I have no issue jumping on Izzo, but I can see that taking place without any intended malice. They find out their player is accused of something, and just reaching out to a potential witness that they know personally to see if he has any information. Maybe it was not the correct procedure, but the headline sounds worse than the story in my opinion.
    Really? Sparty needs gutted...MSU is starting to make Paterno and Penn St. look like a bunch of choir boys.

Turn Off Ads?