Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: College Basketball 2020 Part 2: March Madness!

College Basketball 2020 Part 2: March Madness!

First Four and Cleveland games to be played without fans:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...urnament-games

Actually the entire tournament now:

Mark Emmert says NCAA Tournament will be held without fans due to coronavirus

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/bask...o-coronavirus/
    Last edited by WVRed; 03-11-2020 at 04:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: College Basketball 2020 Part 2: March Madness!

I wonder if conference tournaments will follow suit starting tomorrow. The Big East Tournament at MSG in particular (and I guess by extension the A-10 Tournament at Barclays).

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I wonder if conference tournaments will follow suit starting tomorrow. The Big East Tournament at MSG in particular (and I guess by extension the A-10 Tournament at Barclays).
    SEC Tournament to play tonight with fans, rest of the week to be determined.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

What would happen if one of the players contracted the virus: Would they quarantine the entire team?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    What would happen if one of the players contracted the virus: Would they quarantine the entire team?
    This more or less happened with Arsenal in the Premier League. No one tested positive but like half the team was in contact with someone that did. All those players had to quarantine and their game yesterday was postponed.

Sonofa.

(selfish rant) I knew it was too good to be true. Finally get picked in the lottery after a decade+ for Masters tix. Walk Augusta National for the first time in my life for the practice round on Mon 4/6, then go to the national title game 15 minutes from my house that night. If not best day ever for a sports fan, it would be in the conversation. (/selfishrant)

Since no need to accommodate fans, I hope the NCAA reconsiders hosting tournament games in the larger venues like Mercedes-Benz. Original configuration called for a court in the middle of the football field so they can put 80,000 people in the building for the Final Four games. Move the games to State Farm Arena? Georgia Tech or Georgia State? A local high school? Anything would be better than playing in the middle of an empty cavern.

Hopefully the NCAA can simply push back the scheduled sites by a year so that this year's hosts get the games in 2021 or shortly thereafter.

Makes no sense to play the game in the Dome. I suggested Georgia Tech earlier in the thread. Jimbo didn't like my Cintas Center idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Makes no sense to play the game in the Dome. I suggested Georgia Tech earlier in the thread. Jimbo didn't like my Cintas Center idea!
    Kentucky played at Ga Tech in the SEC tournament the year the tornado struck in Atlanta. They played with only family and staff in attendance. It did seem weird with such a small crowd.

Yea they are talking about moving the regionals to smaller venues but the first and 2nd round games are going to stay for now.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Yes they would. I would say if that happens during the NCAA tournament they will probably just shut down the tourney.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Just announced, The Big Ten tourney will not have fans starting with tomorrow's games. I suspect nearly every other conference go this way too.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Just announced, The Big Ten tourney will not have fans starting with tomorrow's games. I suspect nearly every other conference go this way too.
    Add the Big 12.

Maybe it doesn't make sense to play the Final Four in Mercedes-Benz Stadium in front of 85,000 empty seats. They should find some place smaller, like the CDC's cafeteria.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

14. Likes:

Chip R (03-12-2020),texasdave (03-11-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Kentucky played at Ga Tech in the SEC tournament the year the tornado struck in Atlanta. They played with only family and staff in attendance. It did seem weird with such a small crowd.

Yea they are talking about moving the regionals to smaller venues but the first and 2nd round games are going to stay for now.
    Georgia won a doubleheader and ended up SEC champs. Came closer than I would have liked to knocking out my Muskies as a 14 seed, too!

I doubt this tournament happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    I doubt this tournament happens.
    Would have strenuously disagreed until Rudy Gobert.

Turn Off Ads?