Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: College Basketball 2020 Part 2: March Madness!

Re: College Basketball 2020 Part 2: March Madness!

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Would have strenuously disagreed until Rudy Gobert.
    Yep I think it’s done.

There’s just no way one of the 800ish players and 400ish staff members aren’t going to test positive. And once one does the whole thing is done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Would have strenuously disagreed until Rudy Gobert.
    Imagine being a Dayton fan right now.

.....****
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Imagine being a Dayton fan right now.

.....****
    Brutal. I feel bad for all college kids. Especially seniors.

5. Likes:

dubc47834 (03-12-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    This more or less happened with Arsenal in the Premier League. No one tested positive but like half the team was in contact with someone that did. All those players had to quarantine and their game yesterday was postponed.
    A Juventus player has tested positive. Hannover 96 has a positive test as well. The sports channels are going to have a lot of air time to fill.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

The Hoiberg thing has me shaking. What a complete bunch of morons in the Nebraska travel party.

8. Likes:

Stray (03-12-2020)

As opposed to announcing a cancellation, I think the NCAA should hit pause on the whole thing tomorrow and see if they can make the tournament happen later in the spring or early summer. Sure, there'd be logistical nightmares and maybe the coverage and the sites and fanfare wouldn't be the same, but seems to me they should keep the option open to make it happen once this is under control.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    The Hoiberg thing has me shaking. What a complete bunch of morons in the Nebraska travel party.
    Saw the video. That was really bad. Does that team have doctors, and how did they allow this to happen?

Feels like the tournament isn't gonna happen. Just hard to imagine the NCAA forcing this through right now, even without fans. NBA suspending the season and other leagues will likely follow suit soon. The travel required, the lodging, everything that goes into it...yeah I don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Saw the video. That was really bad. Does that team have doctors, and how did they allow this to happen?
    Apparently he just has the flu, but still how did they let him out there with all this going on?

13. Likes:

Stray (03-12-2020)

Apparently he just has the flu, but still how did they let him out there with all this going on?
    That's good news but I agree. Considering what is happening, that's negligence. He shouldn't have been anywhere near them tonight.

15. Likes:

dubc47834 (03-12-2020)

I think, that like with most people, he wanted to tough it out and go to work. Or maybe he just got progressively worse throughout the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Here's my pie-in-the-sky proposal:

-Announce the NCAA tournament has been postponed
    -When it's deemed safe to do so, hopefully in May, conduct a condensed two-week NCAA tournament.
    -16 four-team pods at on-campus sites for the first two rounds (Last four in are cut, only 64 teams in this one). Dayton hosts NKU, OSU, Butler; Kentucky hosts ETSU, Belmont, West Virginia. Etc. Make as much of the travel bus trips as possible.
    -The 16 teams to come out of those pods are reseeded and sent to one city the following week to play the remainder of the tournament.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

18. Likes:

WVRed (03-12-2020)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I think, that like with most people, he wanted to tough it out and go to work. Or maybe he just got progressively worse throughout the game.
    I think he got worse as the game went along. I was watching the pregame, and the Big Ten Network interviewed both coaches. Pregame he did not look ill at all, but you could definitely see it during the game. They even mentioned it during the broadcast!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I think he got worse as the game went along. I was watching the pregame, and the Big Ten Network interviewed both coaches. Pregame he did not look ill at all, but you could definitely see it during the game. They even mentioned it during the broadcast!
    And, with most things in an athletic program, the coach has a tremendous amount of power. If the team doctor and/or trainer suggested he not coach, he may have overruled them because he's the boss. I'd say it's about 20% ego and 80% stubborness.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    And, with most things in an athletic program, the coach has a tremendous amount of power. If the team doctor and/or trainer suggested he not coach, he may have overruled them because he's the boss. I'd say it's about 20% ego and 80% stubborness.
    I would hope not, not in this situation and what is going on in the world right now. Like you said tho, egos and stubbornness can lead us to do things that aren't recommended!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Turn Off Ads?