Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: IU Football-2020

Re: IU Football-2020

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I would say the assessment of both these QBs is right on. Field's accuracy is a proven, while Penix started out shaky but has greatly improved, as well as his standing. And I would also add that the Hoosiers have beaten 3 of the B10's established winning programs in PSU, Michigan, and MSU. I don't care what kind of state these programs are in this year, have fallen on hard times suddenly - Indiana still beat all three.

In the B10, overall defense ... Indy 4th OSU 5th. If I had to list a "weakness" for both these teams it would be OSU's Pass D (secondary 225 yds/G), and the Hoosier's Run game (12th B1G). One of these QBs is gonna have to shine for their team to win IMO. There's one think you can't measure - FIGHT. Who wants it more? Who is/was better prepared? That's what it comes down too.

And there will hardly be any fans at all in the stadium in Columbus, so that's not a factor.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

I just saw in the scroll on espn that Penn State is 80-1 to win the national championship and IU is 100-1....
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I just saw in the scroll on espn that Penn State is 80-1 to win the national championship and IU is 100-1....
    LMFAO

- - - Updated - - -

Another fine read for Hoosier fans...

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/a-to...many-ways-yes/

are you sure that was football? I recall hearing that Penn State was going to be pretty good in basketball this season.

I just looked up bball odds and Penn State is 80-1...but Indiana was 28-1
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    are you sure that was football? I recall hearing that Penn State was going to be pretty good in basketball this season.

I just looked up bball odds and Penn State is 80-1...but Indiana was 28-1
    Didn’t Penn State’s coach resign or get fired?

Its possible but I could swear it was football.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Didn’t Penn State’s coach resign or get fired?

Its possible but I could swear it was football.
    It was Penn State basketball coach Patrick Chambers

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

8. Likes:

redsfanmia (11-20-2020)

That was not a face mask by Indy player Mullins
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

That was a ridiculous run by Fields down to Indy's 3 yd line OMG!

Two issues I mentioned has come true so far in this game.... OSU secondary giving up the yards (getting burned) ... the Hoosiers lack of a running attack (-6 yds at Half)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Two issues I mentioned has come true so far in this game.... OSU secondary giving up the yards (getting burned) ... the Hoosiers lack of a running attack (-6 yds at Half)
    On the flip side I don’t think anyone was expecting OSU rush offense to play like this today. Teague and Sermon have been great.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

13. Likes:

GAC (11-21-2020),Revering4Blue (11-21-2020)

The Hoosiers have three INTs and no points to show for any of it. Not so when OSU creates a turnover.

The Hoosiers are playing with spunk, not giving up at all, but they just can't seem to get a break. Whenever they try to build some momentum something happens, and usually not good.
    Last edited by GAC; 11-21-2020 at 02:53 PM.

Ohio State's secondary would get torched in the playoffs IMO.

In my opinion, that Pick 6 is on the play caller (if the out was the primary option). You have to know your personnel and the opponent. The IU QB does not have a strong arm that creates a tight spiral with zip on the ball, and you are asking him to make a pass from the left hash to the to the field side with a 1st Round Draft pick in coverage. That is a very difficult throw even when the receiver can get good separation, and it is nearly impossible when the DB has tight coverage. Some people think that is a simple throw, but I challenge anyone to go out to your local high school field, stand at the 10 yard line at the left hash, now drop back 5-7 yards and throw it to the field sideline @ the 20 yard line. There are QB's in the NFL I do not trust with that throw. Brady has got picked a couple times on that exact play this year for the Bucs because he does not have a cannon for an arm. It is not like throwing a deep ball and allowing a receiver to run under it.....it has to be thrown on a rope. Wade has not had a great game because I would have thought he would have had more picks or breakups because the IU QB puts too much air under the ball. The coach should have never asked him to make that play....and it pisses me off because Indiana had all the momentum.

The IU QB is solid....like a lot of college QB's including WVU's. Jarrett Doege leads the Big12 in passing....but he can't make that throw with good odds. The IU QB has a nice deep ball, and every thing else should be to the boundary side of the field, or routes cutting into the middle of the field. If he is going to throw to the field side, it should be a quick hook, or have him roll out to the field side.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

17. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-21-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Ohio State's secondary would get torched in the playoffs IMO.
    Maybe but let’s not forget Bama gave up like 50 to Ole Miss. All the top teams have warts this year IMHO.

And let’s give some credit where it is due: these Hoosier WRs are really good.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

19. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-21-2020)

Ohio State's secondary has always been its wart.

Turn Off Ads?