Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: IU Football-2020

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: IU Football-2020

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    I would assume so but I doubt it happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, how the crap is Indiana ranked 12th in the playoff rankings? What a complete joke.
    Yup.

Alabama and Indiana are the only two teams to have beaten three top 25 teams this season.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Yup.

Alabama and Indiana are the only two teams to have beaten three top 25 teams this season.
    Is that ranked at the time of the game?

Cause if you are counting PSU and UM as ranked here, that’s some sleight of hand...they are awful.

They should be ranked higher but beating PSU and Michigan shouldn’t earn them an extra gold star.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Is that ranked at the time of the game?

Cause if you are counting PSU and UM as ranked here, that’s some sleight of hand...they are awful.

They should be ranked higher but beating PSU and Michigan shouldn’t earn them an extra gold star.
    Yeah, it's as of the time of the game. Agreed that tPSU and UM have turned out to be terrible, though I'd argue IU took Penn State's soul from it with the win in week 1.

It's really hard to reconcile tOSU being ranked 4th with IU being ranked 12th.
    If Indiana isn't deserving of a top 10 ranking, than what exactly has tOSU done to show that it's the 4th best team in country?
    If Ohio State truly is deserving of the #4 ranking, then why is losing on the road to the #4 team move Indiana down so much further than Miami(who lost by 35 to Clemson), or UGa or Iowa State who both have two losses?
    Last edited by Hoosier Red; 12-09-2020 at 03:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

5. Likes:

BillDoran (12-10-2020),Revering4Blue (12-09-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Yeah, it's as of the time of the game. Agreed that tPSU and UM have turned out to be terrible, though I'd argue IU took Penn State's soul from it with the win in week 1.

If Indiana isn't deserving of a top 10 ranking, than what exactly has tOSU done to show that it's the 4th best team in country?
    If Ohio State truly is deserving of the #4 ranking, then why is losing on the road to the #4 team move Indiana down so much further than Miami(who lost by 35 to Clemson), or UGa or Iowa State who both have two losses?
    I reconcile it by simply saying IU is ranked too low. That’s the error.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

IU is the 2nd best team in the B1G. I said it early on and still say it now.

8. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    IU is the 2nd best team in the B1G. I said it early on and still say it now.
    Of course it happens in a year when the bowl game they play in will have 0 spectators.

10. Likes:

Assembly Hall (12-11-2020),Revering4Blue (12-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post

There's undoubtedly a residual effect in BCS rankings. Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State have a built-in advantage due to their recent successes. We can agree with it or not, but the rankings definitely belie a favoritism for the recent powers. It's almost as if they have to prove they don't belong (and I would say this especially applies to Alabama and Clemson).

Crappy season for IU to have such a great campaign. Hope it's just the first year of a new era of IU football.

12. Likes:

Assembly Hall (12-11-2020),Revering4Blue (12-11-2020)

14. Likes:

BillDoran (12-11-2020),GAC (12-12-2020),Revering4Blue (12-11-2020)

16. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-17-2020)

18. Likes:

Playadlc (12-20-2020),Revering4Blue (12-17-2020)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Defense is Allen's baby. I'm not so concerned about the DC hire.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Defense is Allen's baby. I'm not so concerned about the DC hire.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    True, but Allen needs to get a replacement for his coaching tree.

Nice article on eligibility for next year for the Hoosiers

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/uniq...bility-waiver/

Turn Off Ads?