Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: IU Football-2020

Re: IU Football-2020

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I am still laughing over your Michigan/IU prediction.
    That’s fine! You deserve that W!

I was thrilled to be wrong on that one. That has nothing to do with my question about ND, though. Just because you are wrong about one thing does not make you wrong about everything.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    That’s fine! You deserve that W!

I was thrilled to be wrong on that one. That has nothing to do with my question about ND, though. Just because you are wrong about one thing does not make you wrong about everything.
    LOL, just pokin' ya.

Yes, the Irish beat an elite team.

LOL, just pokin' ya.

Yes, the Irish beat an elite team.
    Let’s say Fields gets COVID and the buckeyes start their true freshman backup QB and are down 5 defensive starters: will you still consider them an elite team?

Let’s say Fields gets COVID and the buckeyes start their true freshman backup QB and are down 5 defensive starters: will you still consider them an elite team?
    Clemson retained the #1 ranking after starting their back-up a week ago.

Clemson retained the #1 ranking after starting their back-up a week ago.
    After barely escaping Boston College.

After barely escaping Boston College.
    Yeah, the media thought they were #1 after that near defeat.

Did Notre Dame beat an elite team, though? Clemson was missing it’s star QB and half its defense.
    IMO. Yes. DJ is Lawrence's successor, and was part of Swinney’s highest-rated recruiting class since taking over at Clemson. D.J. Uiagalelei was the No. 10 overall player in the class of 2020 and the top-ranked pro-style quarterback, according to 247Sports’ Composite rankings. The 6-5, 245-pound quarterback played for perennial powerhouse St. John Bosco in Bellflower, Calif.... https://247sports.com/Player/DJ-Uiagalelei-45573350/

I'll stick my neck out and say DJ is the real deal. He started two games, put up almost 800 yards, 4 TDS, 0 INTs, and has a RTG of 152.3. Yeah, small window, but IMO a glimpse of the future for Clemson. He put up over 400 yards and 2 TDs vs a good ND team. He's a freshman.

Boston College is not an easy win, a gimme. They were 4-2 going into that game (3-2 in conference). Yeah, but who have they played? One can say that about a majority of the teams in the top 10 IMO LOL
    Last edited by GAC; 11-10-2020 at 04:54 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

9. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-10-2020)

It just dawned on me that the Hoosiers played Michigan at home last year. They also played Sparty on the road last year. What's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    IMO. Yes. DJ is Lawrence's successor, and was part of Swinney’s highest-rated recruiting class since taking over at Clemson. D.J. Uiagalelei was the No. 10 overall player in the class of 2020 and the top-ranked pro-style quarterback, according to 247Sports’ Composite rankings. The 6-5, 245-pound quarterback played for perennial powerhouse St. John Bosco in Bellflower, Calif.... https://247sports.com/Player/DJ-Uiagalelei-45573350/

I'll stick my neck out and say DJ is the real deal. He started two games, put up almost 800 yards, 4 TDS, 0 INTs, and has a RTG of 152.3. Yeah, small window, but IMO a glimpse of the future for Clemson. He put up over 400 yards and 2 TDs vs a good ND team. He's a freshman.

Boston College is not an easy win, a gimme. They were 4-2 going into that game (3-2 in conference). Yeah, but who have they played? One can say that about a majority of the teams in the top 10 IMO LOL
    I know exactly who DJ is. Lawrence is one of the best QBs to ever play college football.

12. Likes:

GAC (11-13-2020)

I know exactly who DJ is. Lawrence is one of the best QBs to ever play college football.
    Notre Dame won, get over it.

Notre Dame won, get over it.
    And I’m glad about that! Not everything has to be hostile! I’m simply wondering out loud if ND did in fact beat an elite team.

Let’s put it this way, I am an OSU fan, if OSU played and beat Clemson without Lawrence and half their starting defense I would attach an asterisks to it. Just my opinion.

And I’m glad about that! Not everything has to be hostile! I’m simply wondering out loud if ND did in fact beat an elite team.

Let’s put it this way, I am an OSU fan, if OSU played and beat Clemson without Lawrence and half their starting defense I would attach an asterisks to it. Just my opinion.
    Asterisk all you want, back to IU football.

So your saying there is a chance?

https://www.daytondailynews.com/blog...GDZLOYGZMW3AM/

With a great cast of suporting players too. If you know who DJ is, you'd know he'd also step in and excel in Swinney's system. And I don't say that to diminish Lawrence's skills, but that DJ has them too. And he has shown them quite well in his two starts.

I'm not knocking you for wondering if ND played an "elite" Clemson team with Lawrence out. Just throwing my thoughts on it out there. Let's just settle on ND beat a "damn good" Clemson team w/ DJ at QB and let it go at that. LOL

[and for the record ... I have held, and still hold, doubts about this ND team come CFP time. I'm from MIssouri]
    Last edited by GAC; 11-13-2020 at 04:16 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?