Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: IU Football-2020

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: IU Football-2020

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    You sure you don’t want him? I wouldn’t mind!
    Nah...I'm good man. College is expensive...I already have one kid going to IU!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

4. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I hope tOSU takes us for granted!!!!
    I don't see that happening my friend. They watch game film. They know who they're facing.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I don't see that happening my friend. They watch game film. They know who they're facing.
    https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/what...possibilities/

7. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-18-2020)

you are probably correct....but while they did not last season, Ohio State did seem to take Indiana for granted early on in games in the previous years of 2018, '17 and '16 when it was fairly tight before Ohio State kind of kicked it in gear in the 2nd half to take control of the games. Then in 2015, which is most similar to this year where both teams came in with out a loss...Ohio State was 4-0 and Ranked #1 & the Hoosiers were 4-0. Indiana hung with Ohio State the entire game, even having the lead at the half and regained the lead in the 3rd Quarter. Indiana scored early in the 4th to get to within 7 with like 10 minutes left in the game....and that was the last score for either team as Ohio State could not pull away, and Indiana could not tie it up. Time expired with Indiana throwing an incomplete pass on 4th and Goal. That Ohio State team was good going 12-1 and beating Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl...the only blemish being a 17-14 loss to Michigan State. The big difference in this game will be Indiana showing up with a Top 10 ranking which will make it less likely Ohio State does not take them seriously....but Indiana has played Ohio State about as well as anyone in the Big10 in recent years. For the purpose of full disclosure, that 2015 Ohio State team was much better in the 2nd half of the year than they were in the first when they had a few iffy outings.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

9. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-18-2020)

That was a damn good read. I think as fans we know what we are up against this weekend. But I think it's great that the team has those high expectations. Also great...saying those things in a way without it being bulletin board material.

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    That was a damn good read. I think as fans we know what we are up against this weekend. But I think it's great that the team has those high expectations. Also great...saying those things in a way without it being bulletin board material.
    Yes it was, if you are an IU fan. I believe in miracles!

12. Likes:

dubc47834 (11-18-2020)

Yep. The road to legitimacy runs through Columbus. I've been a diehard Buckeye fan since the mid-60s. We've been knocked off our perch before - and at home! All I can say is that I won't be as heart-broken, like losing to Michigan, if Indy upsets us. I'll just root for The Hoosiers the rest of the way (lol). I like rooting for the underdogs. Especially in this "system" that I feel plays favorites for the sake of ratings and $$$$ to the marquee name schools. JMO, but I don't think they like seeing these schools in National Championship games because of the drawing power/name recognition. I think the Bearcats got one heck of a team. They're ranked 7th. If they go undefeated they still won't get in, even over a one-loss P5 school. It's an uphill battle for these "smaller" schools, and that's the way they like it.

Intertesting article (stat) ..... https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa...11o0oscf338mei
    Last edited by GAC; 11-18-2020 at 04:43 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

14. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-18-2020),dubc47834 (11-18-2020),Playadlc (11-18-2020),Revering4Blue (11-18-2020)

Yep. The road to legitimacy runs through Columbus. I've been a diehard Buckeye fan since the mid-60s. We've been knocked off our perch before - and at home! All I can say is that I won't be as heart-broken, like losing to Michigan, if Indy upsets us. I'll just root for The Hoosiers the rest of the way (lol). I like rooting for the underdogs. Especially in this "system" that I feel plays favorites for the sake of ratings and $$$$ to the marquee name schools. JMO, but I don't think they like seeing these schools in National Championship games because of the drawing power/name recognition. I think the Bearcats got one heck of a team. They're ranked 7th. If they go undefeated they still won't get in, even over a one-loss P5 school. It's an uphill battle for these "smaller" schools, and that's the way they like it.

Intertesting article (stat) ..... https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa...11o0oscf338mei
    TY for the read.

As I am a long suffering IU football fan, this feels so surreal. Words can't even describe it on my end. Win or lose this has been a great season so far for us die hard Hoosier fans.

Besides Justin Fields, I haven’t been that impressed by tOSU this season. The run game is iffy, the offensive line doesn’t open holes, and defensive backs have given up plays. They still have a lot to iron out. But Fields has been all-world.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

17. Likes:

GAC (11-19-2020),RiverRat13 (11-19-2020)

TY for the read.

As I am a long suffering IU football fan, this feels so surreal. Words can't even describe it on my end. Win or lose this has been a great season so far for us die hard Hoosier fans.
    I think most realistic IU fans know that we are in for a tough game this weekend, the odds are long. But IU fans deserve to have a good team worth rooting for. It's been forever since we have had solid teams. For me, IU doesn't even need to win this weekend, just put up a good showing. If not, the national media will just say that the other wins were against good teams that are having down years. I don't agree with that, but that's what will be said. This coaching staff has done an excellent job at recruiting the right players and pushing the right message. Gives us Hoosiers something to root for before basketball season!!!

19. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-18-2020),GAC (11-19-2020)

I think the reason I sympathize with longsuffering Hoosier fans, when it comes to their football program, is that I feel their pain as a longsuffering Brown's fan (lol). Right now, both programs invested, made upgrades, and things are looking upward for once ... but have they done enough to get them over the top after being consistently down for so long? And you won't know that until you beat the Pittsburghs or OSU's who seem to set the standard.

I really don't want to see a repeat of last year's game. I personally have never liked HCs running up scores on teams. Your HC has built a good defense. That, IMO, is going to be the key Saturday. Can they put enough pressure upfront with all the offensive weapons OSU has? Indy's defense has to keep the game close or within shot.

22. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-19-2020),dubc47834 (11-21-2020)

I think the reason I sympathize with longsuffering Hoosier fans, when it comes to their football program, is that I feel their pain as a longsuffering Brown's fan (lol). Right now, both programs invested, made upgrades, and things are looking upward for once ... but have they done enough to get them over the top after being consistently down for so long? And you won't know that until you beat the Pittsburghs or OSU's who seem to set the standard.

I really don't want to see a repeat of last year's game. I personally have never liked HCs running up scores on teams. Your HC has built a good defense. That, IMO, is going to be the key Saturday. Can they put enough pressure upfront with all the offensive weapons OSU has? Indy's defense has to keep the game close or within shot.
    2 names to keep an eye on for IU on defense.....Mullen and McFadden.

24. Likes:

GAC (11-20-2020)

Turn Off Ads?