Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Options for the season

Re: Options for the season

Not sure what the CBA guidelines are but I would be in favor of this scenario:

1) all teams play 1 doubleheader a week, with season ending no matter what October 15 with playoffs that weekend. keep all current off days intact.

2) MLB expands rosters to 28 for this season only, 1 extra arm, 1 extra bat.

3) Spring training resumes to a 7 game season max.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    Full 40 man rosters, double headers F, Sa, Su - off the rest of the week.

I kid, but could you imagine that schedule?
    Six games a week?

That'd be interesting, no doubt.

Were I the MLBPA, I'd dangle a salary floor, 28-man rosters (for this season only), and automatic DH in both leagues (from this season forward) for one day-night double-header a week. Even that may not be enough.

Skip the All-Star game this year and leave the off days to make up rainouts during the first part of the season. Play the makeup games in domes/retractable roof stadia (Tampa, Houston, Phoenix, Milwaukee, Toronto or Seattle) as neutral site games to ensure they get made up. It would be like a mini version of going to NCAA basketball 1st round games - start games as early as 11:30 to make sure you could play 3 full games each day. Proceeds from games go to stadium workers around MLB impacted by the shortened schedule.

Or think inside the box and shorten the schedule.

I like the idea of adding some additional players. Would playing a double header ever Saturday be too much? Eliminate a few off days and maybe all of this could make up 4 weeks. Maybe you could expand the roster to as many as 30 to allow some guys to get some rest.

Turn Off Ads?