Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Baseball, Sports and the Corona Virus

Re: Baseball, Sports and the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Nut View Post
    Any board members work in HR, and how is your company dealing with the hiring of new employees?.. I ask because the place that I work is bringing in New employees Monday... Seems like they do not value the health of their current employees.. I told them, I hope they can be trained from 6 feet away.
    We had been actively looking to add to our staff but put a stop to it a couple weeks ago. We’re all WFH now. So unless they want to come over to my house and sit next to me up here in a spare bedroom where I’ve set up shop (which is pretty creepy actually), we won’t be bringing anyone on in the near future.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Likes:

Tuff Nut (03-19-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    The only leg you had to stand on, was sensationalist, agenda-driven media, before the corona virus really took off in Italy and South Korea.

But now?

C'mon man... This isn't rocket surgery. We're trying to prevent everyone who is susceptible from all getting sick at once. Flattening the curve of the surge that is going to hit our major cities first, then trickle down to the rest.

There's nothing political about this, at this point. It's about working together, from a 6 ft distance until the surge passes, then we regroup.

How is this so difficult to agree with?
    I mean, really. This is from (checks notes) noted NON-liberal Marco Rubio:

Marco Rubio
    @marcorubio
    We only have 3 months of information on #Covid_19

We have created the perception that younger people have nothing to worry about.

We now need to stop saying that.

In the U.S. 38% of those hospitalized are under 35.

In France half of those in the ICU are under 65.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

5. Likes:

Bob Sheed (03-19-2020),Edd Roush (03-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    We had been actively looking to add to our staff but put a stop to it a couple weeks ago. We’re all WFH now. So unless they want to come over to my house and sit next to me up here in a spare bedroom where I’ve set up shop (which is pretty creepy actually), we won’t be bringing anyone on in the near future.
    I don't have a WFH job. I work in metal fabrication. Was just kinda wondering if other factories were still hiring, or had stopped for the foreseeable future.

7. Likes:

Roy Tucker (03-21-2020)

Coronavirus: State Department tells Americans: 'Do not travel' abroad, come home if overseas

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ad/2875335001/

Hundreds of Ohio National Guard members activated to assist with coronavirus relief efforts

https://www.cleveland19.com/2020/03/...elief-efforts/

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Nut View Post
    I don't have a WFH job. I work in metal fabrication. Was just kinda wondering if other factories were still hiring, or had stopped for the foreseeable future.
    GOJO, maker of Purell hand sanitizer, has been hiring in my neck of the woods. I hear they've been going 24/7 to keep up with demand. Grocery stores have been posting temp positions for personal shoppers.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

11. Likes:

North (03-19-2020)

Saints' Sean Payton says he tested positive for coronavirus

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ve-coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    H1N1 had a vaccine within months and a much lower mortality rate you nitwit
    Yet still killed 200,000 people around the world. COVID-19 will probably be worse, but that was pretty bad and frankly shouldn’t be blithely shrugged off.

14. Likes:

DocRed (03-24-2020)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

California, the entire state, is on orders to stay at home. https://twitter.com/kronayne/status/1240816712552828930

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Yet still killed 200,000 people around the world. COVID-19 will probably be worse, but that was pretty bad and frankly shouldn’t be blithely shrugged off.
    They're all bad, that's the point right?

Yet a particular poster seems to want to downplay it considerably by citing every other medical issue that has occurred in the past two decades. Meanwhile my 84 year old father has to go to the hospital on an unrelated issue and I worry about what sort of things he might be exposed to, not SARS, not another flu, nor my 401k, or my inability to go to my local pub and barfly with some locals.

And that's what makes it pathetic

17. Likes:

Redsfaithful (03-20-2020),Tadasimha (03-21-2020)

Guys, just in case you missed the last (several) warnings, this thread is for sport-specific discussion not political discourse. I am closing this thread down and will encourage anyone who wants to participate in it to move to the politics/religion sub-forum. A new thread can be created once more specific information pertaining to Opening Day is available.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

19. Likes:

Boss-Hog (03-19-2020),cumberlandreds (03-20-2020),DocRed (03-20-2020),GIK (03-24-2020),Kinsm (03-19-2020),North (03-19-2020),Powel Crosley (03-19-2020)

Turn Off Ads?