Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cleveland Browns

Re: 2020 Cleveland Browns

It doesn't seem to get talked about much nationally, at least not yet, but Myles Garrett has been unbelievable. Browns are probably 2-3 right now if not for his play. He probably doesn't ever change the narrative about himself after the helmet thing last year, but he's the best player in the NFL so far this season.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Bucky Brooks just predicted the Browns will win the Division.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Bucky Brooks just predicted the Browns will win the Division.
    I do believe in teams getting it together as the season goes by but it will take a lot more to get me to believe that drubbing by Baltimore didn’t show the current pecking order in the division.

Bucky is out over his skis I do believe.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I do believe in teams getting it together as the season goes by but it will take a lot more to get me to believe that drubbing by Baltimore didn’t show the current pecking order in the division.

Bucky is out over his skis I do believe.
    The other analysts broke out in laughter when he said it.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

6. Likes:

kaldaniels (10-12-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    With no pre-season, I don't put too much stock in first games. Who have the Ravens played? Three of their wins are against pretty bad teams (Texans, Washington, Bengals). Other then the Browns, they've played the Chiefs, and lost. They have Philadelphia this week. The pecking order may still run through Pittsburgh, who is undefeated, and we'll find out in a couple weeks when the Steelers come to Baltimore.

Hoping the Browns throw a moneky-wrench into that that this week when they visit Pittsburgh.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

The one thing I didn't want the Browns to do was go into Pittsburgh and be an embarassment, put up a fight and even if you lose, you looked like you belonged on that field.

They didn't.

IMO, Mayfield should not have started. He's questionable due to battling a rib injury, Pitt knows this (he can't scramble right now, and isn't as effective in the pocket), and the #1 defense in the NFL, who knows how to pressure QBs, went off on him (lol). I would have went with Keenum the whole game. Change things up, and see if Pitt was prepared for him.

When you lose, are basically humiliated, to the two teams that have reigned in this division (Baltimore, Pittsburgh), then the question has been answered ... and you ain't there yet. I like HC Stefanski. I think they got the right guy for the job. Our defensive secondary is atrocious (because they're always hurt). It was a huge eye sore last year too.

I have no idea what will occur next Sunday in Cincinnati (LOL)
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

You are spot on about starting Keenum. Baker was clearly hurt. Once Pittsburgh saw how limited he was they just loaded up the box to stop the run and came after Baker and that was that. Pittsburgh is a better team and probably wins anyway, but Browns didn't give themselves a chance. Not sure there is much more to take way from Sunday than that.

10. Likes:

GAC (10-21-2020)

There's a lot of debate going on in Brown fan "circles" (FB, various forums, etc) that are beginning to question whether Baker is the guy to lead this team when surrounded with all this talent (and a solid O-line). I stay out of such frays (LOL). The guy has had how many HCs and offensive coordinators instituting new offensive schemes since he's been here? So I don't have any answer on that front as of yet.

When he came out of college, one of the positive critiques on Mayfield while at Oklahoma was that he was a mobile QB who found great success outside the pocket and improvising. Quite dangerous actually. And one of the knocks on him was his height. Last year, for the most part, he had no offensive line, no time for plays to develop, and put a lot on his shoulders, which resulted in high INTs. This year, under Stefanski's run-oriented, ball control offense - and he has the talent - Baker has been more "controlled".

Just from watching him this year, it seems Baker does have far more success outside the pocket then within. And when one looks at the INTs he's thrown, wondering where he was throwing the ball, questions are arising that while in the pocket his field of vision is not that good due to his height.

But we're 4-2 and not the laughingstock of the NFL. All I know is this .... if the Browns lose to the Bengals this Sunday - and yes it's possible IMO - and Mayfield does not have a good game? Then more scrutiny will be coming Mayfield's way IMO.

Mayfield just had the best Half of his career, completely destroying an excellent Titans Defense.

Browns are going to 9-3.

This is wild
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Tonight has to be the biggest Browns game since they were reestablished as a team right?

Big stage on Monday night, playing the Ravens, chance to essentially clinch a playoff spot and knock Baltimore out and pull within 1 game of the division lead.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Tonight has to be the biggest Browns game since they were reestablished as a team right?

Big stage on Monday night, playing the Ravens, chance to essentially clinch a playoff spot and knock Baltimore out and pull within 1 game of the division lead.
    I mean, they went to the playoffs in like 2001 or something.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I mean, they went to the playoffs in like 2001 or something.
    Right, lost to the Steelers. So second biggest game?

I don’t think the “narrative” around the Browns has been this big since the return.

Now, depending on the thickness of your tinfoil hat, “narrative” will have different meanings.

So sick of the Ravens

Turn Off Ads?