Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cleveland Browns

Re: 2020 Cleveland Browns

That was a great game and also completely sucked equally.

2. Likes:

Chip R (12-15-2020),GAC (12-15-2020),RedTeamGo! (12-15-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

That was one helluva game. I had to take a muscle relaxer to sleep afterwards, I was so wound up. My emotions were all over the place watching that game thinking one minute we're gonna lose this game to we got a shot here, I think we're gonna pull this out!

We simply could not stop their running game. Even when that was their primary weapon all night. I think Jackson had more pass attempts in that last minute then all night (lol). I thought he would pass more because our secondary has been decimated all year, and is now minus Ward. But they didn't have to pass. It was very frustrating watching this Brown's D give up such large chunks rushing. That, and their secondary, they have to address going into next year.

Hats off to my Browns who didn't fold after being down 14 pts early in the 3Q though. They fought back, showed resilience. IMO, this is a team that has grown, under a new HC and scheme, since the beginning of the season. I blew off that Opening Day blow-out to the Ravens simply because there was no pre-season, limited practices/contact.

But I thought we were gonna pull it out with the Two Minute Warning and Sorley at QB. Then with 1:51 left on the clock here comes Jackson. RUT ROH!

Not too bummed though. Almost 500 total yards for the Browns, and almost 400 for the Ravens. It definitely wasn't a defensive struggle, but both defenses have been decimated by injury too.

The Browns face the Giants next weekend, and they have to win this game. They finish in Cleveland vs the Steelers. I'm not satisfied with "they had a winning season". LOL
    Last edited by GAC; 12-15-2020 at 06:56 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

5. Likes:

Bob Sheed (12-15-2020),Revering4Blue (12-15-2020)

I won my fantasy playoff game by less than a point with that Tucker kick. Had it been a 49-yarder, I would have lost by less than half a point
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

I am still holding out hope the Brownies can win the North.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I am still holding out hope the Brownies can win the North.
    Pitt faces Indy in a couple weeks. Help us out (lol)
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

lol, got my entire family Browns shirts for Xmas to officially become a browns family. My son was so excited. And then this happens. Such a bummer.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

10. Likes:

GAC (01-01-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    lol, got my entire family Browns shirts for Xmas to officially become a browns family. My son was so excited. And then this happens. Such a bummer.
    They’ll be alright. Can probably beat the Steelers anyway and Pittsburgh will likely be resting everyone. I am assuming the NFL won’t make the Browns play without an entire offensive unit missing again of course.

The Steelers are resting Big Ben and starting Mason Rudolph instead. That helps the Browns chances and it'll be Rudolph/Myles Garrett 2.0 which could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Tell your son "Welcome to Browns-dom. If you an survive this, then you can survive anything!" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    The Steelers are resting Big Ben and starting Mason Rudolph instead. That helps the Browns chances and it'll be Rudolph/Myles Garrett 2.0 which could be interesting.
    When I first read we are going to be without CB Ward I thought "Yeah, stick that knife in a little deeper". Then I read where they're resting Big Ben as well as other starters, and I thought "It's about time we got a break!"

Now take advantage of it Brownies! IMO, the Steelers are trying to give you the game.

Hey look who made the playoffs!

16. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (01-03-2021)

Browns @ Steelers next Sunday 8:15 pm

Congratulations Browns Fans. So proud of Kevin Stefanski.

If the Brown's season had ended yesterday I still wouldn't be disappointed in them. Under Stefanski, his offensive scheme that maximizes their talent (run-oriented and play action). But I'd say the biggest move made by new GM Berry ws hiring prioritizing fixing a horrendous O-line by hiring offensive line coach Bill Callahan, signing FA Conklin (Tenn) and drafting Jedrick Wills (10th). The O-line has been spectacular this year.

This organization, for once, is trending in the right direction.

Initially, after the game, I wss somewhat disappointed at their performance vs a depleted Steeler team via resting players and covid. You let a backup QB (Rudolph) put 300+ yds on you? You had to hang on at the end when it came down to a 2-pont conversion by Pitt? But the Browns were missing key players too, and all on defense ... LB B.J. Goodson, LB Malcolm Smith, CB Denzel Ward, CB Kevin Johnson, S Andrew Sendejo.

The Browns are going to have to play their best game of the year next week IN Pittsburgh. Especially when it comes to ball control (run game), and minimize the time Pitt's offense is on the field. I'm hoping they can pressure Ben and he has an off day. He's had some this year. It's gonna be rought though IMO.

Losing that game to the Jets really hurt them, as far as play-off placement. But you're in the play-offs and you're gonna have to face these teams anyway to get where you're going. I just hate Pitt being the first game (lol).

Last edited by GAC; 01-04-2021 at 03:44 AM.

Getting the game on Sunday instead of Saturday could be huge in terms of getting Ward and Sendejo back. I think the 10th day for all of them was Saturday. There's been some rumors that Greedy Williams might be available too. I don't think Pittsburgh can run the ball, so getting the secondary as healthy as possible is key. No offense to that Jackson kid they ran out yesterday, but the drop off from Ward is massive.

21. Likes:

GAC (01-04-2021)

Turn Off Ads?