Turn Off Ads?

Thread: C-19 Shelter in Place To-Do List

C-19 Shelter in Place To-Do List

Stuck at home, looking for things to do?

Let's provide some relief for each other.

Comedy specials have been fun so far. Mike Moron's comedy special on Netflix is pretty good.

Scrabble with the wife is a fun exercise. If your kids are old enough, that may work.

Gin rummy is also a solid time-waster. (Penny a point, ain't no one keeping score.)

Anyone else have ideas?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: C-19 Shelter in Place To-Do List

All I'm saying is its going to be interesting to see the population spike in 9-10 months....

4. Likes:

757690 (03-18-2020),WrongVerb (03-17-2020)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mole44 View Post
    All I'm saying is its going to be interesting to see the population spike in 9-10 months....
    And around 2033 they'll be known as the "Quaran-teens."
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

6. Likes:

757690 (03-18-2020),Boston Red (03-17-2020),cumberlandreds (03-18-2020),Kingspoint (03-26-2020),klw (03-26-2020),Larkin Fan (03-26-2020),North (03-24-2020),paintmered (03-17-2020),RFS62 (03-30-2020),Stray (03-17-2020),SunDeck (03-24-2020)

some streaming recommendations:

Hulu - Brockmire (especially if you want some baseball entertainment), Justified (I've seen the series before but I started it over again. If you don't like it at first, just know that it gets much better after the first handful of episodes)

Prime - Chopping Mall is a very fun, very cheesy 80s horror film

The Criterion Channel - War & Peace (it's long but we all have a lot of time to kill)

I am doing a lot of hiking, dog walking, a little running. First two are with my wife and/or daughter. I super cleaned my favorite leather chair yesterday, something I'd never really do unless I honestly could not think of another activity. Also started on a new diet. Not really a diet, rather just limiting my eating to a 10 hour window per day. Doing this for two reasons; I snack a lot and usually on carbs and we have a family history of diabetes (probably related to the snacking gene). So, in my mid fifties and so far having avoided the raised eyebrow of my doctor over blood sugar, I am trying to be proactive. This seemed like a good time to start.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/17/w...t-fasting.html
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

9. Likes:

westofyou (03-26-2020)

We have a 2000 piece jigsaw puzzle going.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

11. Likes:

cumberlandreds (03-25-2020)

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

My wife works in health care. Half my time is spent praying she doesn't come home infected and the rest of my time is spent writing and reading.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

13. Likes:

757690 (03-27-2020),cumberlandreds (03-25-2020),Kingspoint (03-26-2020),marcshoe (03-24-2020)

I'm going to make a Ouija board and call up some evil spirits. Don't worry; I won't go the full demon route.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Mike Moron's comedy special on Netflix is pretty good.
    I was really hoping that some comedian, good enough to get a Netflix special, actually called himself Mike Moron. But alas, I imagine this is a typo for Marc Maron.
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    We have a 2000 piece jigsaw puzzle going.
    You meant 1998 piece right?

17. Likes:

Roy Tucker (04-01-2020)

McFarland is offering a postponement sale! through Sunday, April 5th, get 40% off of ALL baseball books with coupon code POSTPONED40!

https://mcfarlandbooks.com/flipbooks/baseball-books/

Here is a three minute diversion that should put a smile on faces:

20. Likes:

RFS62 (03-30-2020)

Turn Off Ads?