Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
I didn't say "1,000 Americans died yesterday". I said....

And 3 days after that we'll have 2,000 die a day, and 3 days after that it'll be 4,000. The numbers will continue to climb as new cities start getting ravaged by it.

What's happening in NYC is coming to Detroit, Chicago, LA, New Orleans, Miami as we speak. And it will continue to break out in every other major city. Why is that the case? Because, we have tens of thousands (probably hundreds of thousands) of Americans infected with the virus in those cities. Many of those people did not go into self isolation a month ago - so they spread it.

At the moment the CDC is estimating that every infected American is spreading it to 2.5 non-infected Americans every 3 days, then those 2.5 are each spreading it to 2.5 other non-infected Americans every 3 days, and so on.

We'll continue to see the numbers climb until we've either tested and found all those who have the virus and isolate them from continuing to spread it, or we'll continue to see the numbers climb until our healthcare system becomes too overwhelmed, or we'll continue to see the numbers climb until a vaccine arrives (or hopefully the heat of summer stomps on it - which is double edged, because it would likely return in the fall).
I know you didn’t say that but you replied to a post that said so without noticing and then you mentioned you are going off the numbers reported everyday - I was suprised you didn't notice that. Truthfully my post wasn’t intended to be directed at your post but it seemed that claim was being accepted so I just put that out there.