Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: When we get baseball again, what will baseball be?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: When we get baseball again, what will baseball be?

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    So, I was offering an opinion about what I think the thread should be.

Feel free not to read my opinion.
    I misunderstood/misread what your suggestion was.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I misunderstood/misread what your suggestion was.
    I probably wasn't nearly as clear as I could have been. I meant that if the stated topic of this thread was a discussion about what baseball will look like when it comes back, it seemed like that the conversation had drifted into a general Covid-19 debate that wasn't really about baseball anymore. Of course, that topic will come up when talking about baseball coming back, but it seems like there needs to be a general Covid-19 thread and then also this one, which is more specific in its focus.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I probably wasn't nearly as clear as I could have been. I meant that if the stated topic of this thread was a discussion about what baseball will look like when it comes back, it seemed like that the conversation had drifted into a general Covid-19 debate that wasn't really about baseball anymore. Of course, that topic will come up when talking about baseball coming back, but it seems like there needs to be a general Covid-19 thread and then also this one, which is more specific in its focus.
    One suggestion would be if someone wants to start a catch all COVID-19 thread in the Non-Baseball Chatter forum, that could be used as a place to touch upon general discussion of the virus including light political implications. More in-depth political discussion would still reserved for the politics sub-forum. This thread could then be used for its intended purpose to discuss the virus purely as it relates to baseball.

5. Likes:

NebraskaRed (03-28-2020),texasdave (03-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    One suggestion would be if someone wants to start a catch all COVID-19 thread in the Non-Baseball Chatter forum, that could be used as a place to touch upon general discussion of the virus including light political implications. More in-depth political discussion would still reserved for the politics sub-forum. This thread could then be used for its intended purpose to discuss the virus purely as it relates to baseball.
    Started one.

7. Likes:

Boss-Hog (03-28-2020),NebraskaRed (03-28-2020),Road Pop (03-28-2020)

Right now I would take a televised game from Iowa corn field with no one around but the corn.

TLDR:

Sorry if this has already been discussed. It seems there will a bunch of doubleheaders. to make up for missed time. I like that idea, who doesn’t love doubleheader’s?

But if they have doubleheaders, they should have actual, old school doubleheaders, two games for the price of one, not the new school doubleheaders where they force the fans from the former game out of the stadium and let a new crowd in for game two.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

10. Likes:

schmidty622 (03-28-2020),Tuff Nut (03-29-2020)

It's possible we might get a season starting in July. I think it's virtually impossible that entails fans coming to games, so I don't think the people getting 2 for 1 will matter.

12. Likes:

757690 (03-29-2020),dougdirt (03-28-2020)

Some fans nowdays gripe about the time it takes to sit through one game, can't see'em sittin though 2 games.

14. Likes:

Chip R (04-01-2020),Old school 1983 (03-28-2020)

Fans coming out will be secondary to getting live content on TV.
    Last edited by KronoRed; 03-29-2020 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Family board
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    TLDR:

Sorry if this has already been discussed. It seems there will a bunch of doubleheaders. to make up for missed time. I like that idea, who doesn’t love doubleheader’s?

Marty, but he retired.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

The REDS' Starting Pitching depth will pay off with a lot of double-headers as they can go deeper putting less of a strain on the bullpen, a bullpen that should get taxed by most teams tha thave to use them more often.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Baseball's final pitch could be closer to Christmas than Halloween
    Players, owners agree to extend season as long as needed

https://www.wcpo.com/sports/baseball...than-halloween

19. Likes:

KittyDuran (03-29-2020),NebraskaRed (03-29-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Fans coming out will be secondary to getting love content on TV.
    This is a family board.

21. Likes:

KronoRed (03-29-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Baseball's final pitch could be closer to Christmas than Halloween
    Players, owners agree to extend season as long as needed

https://www.wcpo.com/sports/baseball...than-halloween
    I cannot stress enough how bad of an idea that is. Not only are you risking freezing temperatures for 2/3 of the league, but there is a significant chance that the bug we're trying not to pass around at the moment will only go on hiatus during the the longer days in the summer and we'll be back to staying at home in the fall. I'm not trying to be alarmist, but if they're going to plan a baseball season then they need to work off the best available information, not hope. It would be immensely disappointing for them to start a season they can't finish.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

23. Likes:

Chip R (04-01-2020),RedsBaron (04-01-2020)

Mike DeWine has scheduled an impromptu press conference at 2 pm. Something he has to say might relate to if/when entertainment enterprises like the Reds could reopen.

WLW will cover it live.

Turn Off Ads?