Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How are you staying entertained in corona quarantine?

How are you staying entertained in corona quarantine?

How are the home-bound folks entertaining themselves? I've been fishing but I think Gov. Dewine may kill that soon. Too cold for me today anyway.

Television looks pathetic. Going to try Locke and Key on Netflix.

Any binge recommendations?

Started a new book but I have trouble reading indoors. Too many distractions.

I'm doing anything to avoid housework and projects that I should be doing.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Covid-19 Entertainment

Altered carbon

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Made a store run today. Still no toilet paper. Meats for freezing were slim pickings too. Got a package of bars of soap. That's going to come in handy as supply chains become more disrupted.

Home now.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Going jogging. Wish the weather sucked less!

Find a way to help someone every day.

Example: Mrs fan works in a big suburban office park. Guy runs a car wash business in the parking garage. 0 business now so he let all of his customers know he’s doing mobile car washes. We spread the word to a few neighbors and lined up a total of 5 cars for him and his son to wash this morning. Clean cars for us, he gets to earn some much needed income and we all got to interact (in a socially responsible way) with someone new to break out of the monotony.

So many people like this who need a lifeline right now. Something to keep them from getting completely ruined financially in the weeks ahead. Find one way per day to help the neighborhood dry cleaner, alterations business, shoe shine guy, etc. Letting the compassionate side of your humanity come through, just a little bit, can and will make a huge difference for someone else right now.

7. Likes:

757690 (03-21-2020),North (03-21-2020),RFS62 (03-29-2020),SunDeck (03-23-2020),TeamCasey (03-21-2020)

Love it, 15fan! Trying to buy a few things at local mom and pop places rather a single stop at a large chain. Supports local businesses and keeps me away from crowds.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Turns out it was 48 and sunny. Pretty great once I got going. Our local breweries are still doing curbside and carryout. So I'm buying a growler or a couple of big cans from the breweries every day. Tips have certainly improved as well. I mean, I'd like to take credit as doing a good deed to support a local business....but in the end I'm just drinking beer!

10. Likes:

schmidty622 (03-23-2020)

I unearthed a complete set of "Band of Brothers" dvds.

12. Likes:

Kinsm (03-21-2020)

I would give Locke and Key a pass and just re-read it again. Just sayin.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

I’m re-watching The Wire on Prime.

I’ve seen every episode at least once, but never got tired of watching it. I notice news layers every time I watch it.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

15. Likes:

Rdirtypirates (03-21-2020),Reds Fanatic (04-01-2020),TeamCasey (04-02-2020),westofyou (03-21-2020)

Turns out it was 48 and sunny. Pretty great once I got going. Our local breweries are still doing curbside and carryout. So I'm buying a growler or a couple of big cans from the breweries every day. Tips have certainly improved as well. I mean, I'd like to take credit as doing a good deed to support a local business....but in the end I'm just drinking beer!
    My wife and I did the same yesterday, spending a decent chunk of change on six-packs from a few different Asheville breweries. “Look what good people we are, supporting local businesses in their time of need!” Never mind that I consider beer an absolute essential anyway.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

When it is warm I'm riding my bike, easier to avoid people than walking (IE I live in a dense neighborhood)

Podcasts... I like history myself

Reading per usual

Home projects you might have been avoiding.. paint that wall, organize that closet.

Writing... I have some baseball projects for SABR I have been working on (Reds Owners) I have found little time for... now I have no choice but to attack that

Booze... drinking always is something you can do..... just don't make it your main focus

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I’m re-watching The Wire on Prime.

I’ve seen every episode at least once, but never got tired of watching it. I notice news layers every time I watch it.
    Such a show... so good... I avoided it.. finally watched it five years ago.

I am richer for that

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Re: How are you staying entertained in corona quarantine?

Started another novel and I've already cranked out 14k words, and listening to a ton of podcasts.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

I’ve been doing this as well. Ran 4.75 miles today at a 9:37 pace. I was pretty excited about it!

Been playing some old Super Nintendo games like Super Mario Kart and Chrono Trigger.

Next up is dusting off my gaming laptop and logging on to Steam. Feel like playing some real time strategy games. I am thinking about getting back into World of Warcraft. Nothing too serious, just some low level questing as a night elf warrior or hunter.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 03-22-2020 at 11:22 PM.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Turn Off Ads?