Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: How are you staying entertained in corona quarantine?

Re: How are you staying entertained in corona quarantine?

Here's a Cincinnati company that has seen sales soar.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ent...es/2925815001/
    Last edited by North; 03-27-2020 at 03:41 PM.

2. Likes:

TeamCasey (04-02-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Watch out for the sobriety checkpoint at the corner of Hallway and Bathroom
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

5. Likes:

westofyou (03-27-2020)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

The Internet Is Breaking a Little From the Coronavirus

As people around the world have transplanted their lives onto the internet while trying to stay in their homes during the coronavirus pandemic, technology experts have been confident that the web will be able to handle all the traffic. More and more countries are now instituting lockdowns in a desperate attempt to flatten the curve, and the internet hasn’t exactly broken, but it is starting to creak and spark a bit. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg recently told the New York Times, “We’re just trying to keep the lights on over here,” as the company’s social networks try to accommodate soaring app usage rates for calls, messaging, and news consumption. If even Facebook is feeling the pressure, how is everyone else doing?
    Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime, and other streaming services have all committed to downgrading their picture quality in various parts of the world in order to avoid putting too much strain on the internet as hundreds of millions of people stay home and binge shows in an effort to practice social distancing. Before the pandemic, peak streaming times for most households lasted four hours on weekdays; it’s now 10 hours a day, according to CNBC. Video is by far the biggest bandwidth hog; Netflix alone consumes 15 percent of the world’s bandwidth.

Netflix said on Saturday that it’s reducing traffic by 25 percent in Spain and Italy and is now reportedly applying those cuts to other European countries as well as in Latin America and India. It has yet to do so for the U.S., though users across the country were unable to access the service for about an hour on Wednesday. YouTube announced on Tuesday that it would be setting the default video quality to standard definition across the globe for a month, though people will be able to opt in to higher resolution. Amazon is also throttling its Prime Video service in Europe and the U.K. but has been tight-lipped about the specifics. Disney+, in reducing its picture quality, is cutting its bandwidth consumption by at least 25 percent overall and is delaying its launch in France by two weeks.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

It's always something...

Condom shortage looms after coronavirus lockdown shuts world's top producer

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN21E1OJ

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    It's always something...

Condom shortage looms after coronavirus lockdown shuts world's top producer

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN21E1OJ
    First the sex toys news and now this. North buddy, I'm not one to judge, but I do wonder what this says about your news interests.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

9. Likes:

westofyou (03-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    First the sex toys news and now this. North buddy, I'm not one to judge, but I do wonder what this says about your news interests.
    But think about it- there isn't much else to do. If you can't work, you can't go anywhere, and there are no more movies to watch, you're down to eating and sex. My son is staying at my gf's house with her two kids and my gf is staying with me, and it's practically Plato's Retreat here now. There is going to be one big baby boom next winter.

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    But think about it- there isn't much else to do. If you can't work, you can't go anywhere, and there are no more movies to watch, you're down to eating and sex. My son is staying at my gf's house with her two kids and my gf is staying with me, and it's practically Plato's Retreat here now. There is going to be one big baby boom next winter.
    I saw a funny tweet about this, paraphrasing:

There’s going to be a baby boom amongst couples with no kids and a bunch of people with kids will never have another.

As a person with two kids under 5 years old right now: yeah, I’m good with 2!
    What would you say.....ya do here?

When bored to death, I reach out.

I don't figure to set foot outside until June...self-inflicted (smoking) lung disease.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I'm cooking more. And sharing all of my meals on instagram like a total psycho. It's all that I look forward to each day.

14. Likes:

TeamCasey (04-02-2020)

I'd kind of like to see these psycho meals.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I saw a funny tweet about this, paraphrasing:

There’s going to be a baby boom amongst couples with no kids and a bunch of people with kids will never have another.

As a person with two kids under 5 years old right now: yeah, I’m good with 2!
    I can't recall whether here or somewhere else it was said that in 13 years we will have a new cohort, "Quaranteenagers"

We got bored with running in our neighborhood and drove a few neighborhoods away for some variety. That's the kind of wild stuff we're doing in quarantine.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't recall whether here or somewhere else it was said that in 13 years we will have a new cohort, "Quaranteenagers"
    Quaranteens

18. Likes:

SunDeck (03-29-2020)

Social media (Twitter). Have 2 accounts-the main account has sports and news which right now is pretty depressing. The other account is more diverse and enjoyable. Got lots of books not read and movies not seen. Also, since I’ll be part-time starting this week (off Mondays and Tuesdays)…maybe try tackling all the old Duran Duran VHS tapes collecting dust and throwing the contents up on my YouTube channel.
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

20. Likes:

North (03-29-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    We got bored with running in our neighborhood and drove a few neighborhoods away for some variety. That's the kind of wild stuff we're doing in quarantine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quaranteens
    Just ran 6.58 miles!! First time I’ve ran a 10k in my life.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

22. Likes:

Boston Red (03-29-2020)

Second puzzle this week.

Name:  E550AB94-8FF0-4DAA-8F9D-8EB4A365F51A.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  363.1 KB
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

24. Likes:

cumberlandreds (03-30-2020),KittyDuran (03-29-2020),klw (03-31-2020),Larkin Fan (03-29-2020),RFS62 (03-30-2020),TeamCasey (04-02-2020),westofyou (03-29-2020)

Turn Off Ads?