Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Ohio State Football: Same Day, New Sermon

Re: 2020 Ohio State Football: Same Day, New Sermon

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Martinez is more of a comer isn’t he?

I think Kourt Williams might get some run at safety assuming he recovers from the ACL injury. He’s been getting talked up in spring practice a bit.
    Williams is the guy that comes to mind for me as well. There seemed to be early talk about him (think Day said he's a future captain), but he's pretty stout. I wonder if he's a deep coverage guy. Perhaps Watts and all his length or Cavazos's athleticism get a look. No idea what to think of Shaw at this point.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Williams is the guy that comes to mind for me as well. There seemed to be early talk about him (think Day said he's a future captain), but he's pretty stout. I wonder if he's a deep coverage guy. Perhaps Watts and all his length or Cavazos's athleticism get a look. No idea what to think of Shaw at this point.
    Yeah I mean none of those guys got any run because of all the weirdness last season.

I think outside of Olave, Wilson, Garrett, Ruckert, Munford, Miller and NPF every other starting spot has at least nominal competition.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I agree, my point was that simply Proctor is the best option at this time. I wouldn’t be shocked if someone like Martinez, Shaw, or Cavazos makes a ton of noise this spring and summer and start pushing for more PT. I could see Martinez turning heads, he’s a freak athlete.
    I don't think Shaw has much of a shot at PT this year. Never heard his name mentioned at all last season, which was kinda surprising considering how bad the defense was.

I don't know if the "Bullet" is the same position as this, but when OSU has had great defenses, they always had an undersized but fast LB, or a converted S playing a key roll. Derron Lee and Cee Grant come to mind, Lee who was a fast LB and Grant who was a converted S. Pete Warner may have foot that bill, but they moved his position last season. I wonder if Proctor could beef up and play the "bullet" or whatever the LB equivalent of that is.

Kourt is out for spring which I think hurts him. IIRC he was recruited to play the bullet position.

Cavazons probably profiles as a CB same as Watt.

I think Martinez may be the type of guy who just needs to be on the football field.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I don't think Shaw has much of a shot at PT this year. Never heard his name mentioned at all last season, which was kinda surprising considering how bad the defense was.

I don't know if the "Bullet" is the same position as this, but when OSU has had great defenses, they always had an undersized but fast LB, or a converted S playing a key roll. Derron Lee and Cee Grant come to mind, Lee who was a fast LB and Grant who was a converted S. Pete Warner may have foot that bill, but they moved his position last season. I wonder if Proctor could beef up and play the "bullet" or whatever the LB equivalent of that is.

Kourt is out for spring which I think hurts him. IIRC he was recruited to play the bullet position.

Cavazons probably profiles as a CB same as Watt.

I think Martinez may be the type of guy who just needs to be on the football field.
    Kourt Williams just can’t get on the field, a real bummer. Everyone was really excited about him.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Kourt Williams just can’t get on the field, a real bummer. Everyone was really excited about him.
    Think it's just the one injury. I don't know that he's reached Justin Hillard snakebitten levels just yet.

I mean Tuf Borland isn’t an NFL player so I’m not sure that’s too surprising.

Good thing Borland got PT over Mitchell and Gant. Fantastic!

I mean Tuf Borland isn’t an NFL player so I’m not sure that’s too surprising.
    He should have never played at OSU. He’s a MAC talent.

Good thing Borland got PT over Mitchell and Gant. Fantastic!
    Last year it was just so obvious when Hilliard was on the field he made a way bigger difference than Borland. Didn’t even have to get into Gant or those other guys.

12. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (04-01-2021)

Last year it was just so obvious when Hilliard was on the field he made a way bigger difference than Borland. Didn’t even have to get into Gant or those other guys.
    Yep. Hilliard too. Gant went to my HS so I am biased towards him, but he looked so much more athletic and fast when he was on the field than Borland. Tuf Borland is actually German for “addition by subtraction”

He should have never played at OSU. He’s a MAC talent.
    That is a little harsh. Tuf didn't deserve to start at OSU, but he wasn't that bad of a player.

He shouldn't have seen the field as much as he did. Think the OSU staff though, hey he helps us limit the big play, lets keep him in the game. Against lesser talented teams, it worked, against teams who could scheme him on a back, it was bad news.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    That is a little harsh. Tuf didn't deserve to start at OSU, but he wasn't that bad of a player.

He shouldn't have seen the field as much as he did. Think the OSU staff though, hey he helps us limit the big play, lets keep him in the game. Against lesser talented teams, it worked, against teams who could scheme him on a back, it was bad news.
    Yeah it wasn’t his fault, but he’s never gonna live down the clip of trying to cover Devonta Smith.

Coaches definitely fall in love with the “coach on the field” thing with middle linebackers. They were actively trying to play 5 DBs to limit the need for Borland, which was great with the 19 secondary, but not so much the 20 secondary.

Don’t want to overreact to spring game stuff, but Stroud looks like the obvious starter. Embuka is an absolute burner and Sawyer looks as advertised. No way those 2 guys aren’t on the field this year a lot.

17. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (04-17-2021)

Don’t want to overreact to spring game stuff, but Stroud looks like the obvious starter. Embuka is an absolute burner and Sawyer looks as advertised. No way those 2 guys aren’t on the field this year a lot.
    As I’ve been saying since last year: I’ll be absolutely shocked if Fleming does not transfer. JSN has seemingly solidified himself as the number 3, williams is already above him, and it’s looking like Egbuka and Harrison are already leapfrogging him. I’m frankly shocked he hasn’t already transferred.

Turn Off Ads?