Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Ohio State Football: Same Day, New Sermon

2020 Ohio State Football: Same Day, New Sermon

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ermon-oklahoma

Good option to replace Dobbins IF he stays healthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2020 Ohio State Football: Same Day, New Sermon

After Teague got hurt, they needed to add someone. Sermon is a similar type back and I expect him to fill in and start. They'll still use Chambers or Crowley (or Teague if he makes it back), but Sermon can plug right in.

Congrats on TreVeyon Henderson ('21)

5. Likes:

jimbo (03-28-2020)

The last 10 days have been crazy for recruiting. This has the real potential to be the best recruiting class in college football history with a few of the names expected to commit.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    The last 10 days have been crazy for recruiting. This has the real potential to be the best recruiting class in college football history with a few of the names expected to commit.
    Probably not an issue for you guys, but there is some speculation that some recruits may just move forward with a commitment to a "good option" because of the limited ability or inability to do visits during this usually busy period....which could make it more likely they change their mind later. Like I said, probably not an issue for the elite programs.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Probably not an issue for you guys, but there is some speculation that some recruits may just move forward with a commitment to a "good option" because of the limited ability or inability to do visits during this usually busy period....which could make it more likely they change their mind later. Like I said, probably not an issue for the elite programs.
    Yeah I had thought of that. Henderson committed without ever coming to campus. Now JK Dobbins did that too and that worked out great, but it's obviously not ideal. Although there isn't much that is ideal these days.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...hio-state-game

Sounds like if Ohio State and Oregon still end up playing in Eugene in September, it'll be with no fans, which isn't surprising really, but is looking like more of a reality.

I think sometime in July college football is going to move the season to February and just play 10 or 12 conference games. I don't see how September is going to work.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...hio-state-game

Sounds like if Ohio State and Oregon still end up playing in Eugene in September, it'll be with no fans, which isn't surprising really, but is looking like more of a reality.

I think sometime in July college football is going to move the season to February and just play 10 or 12 conference games. I don't see how September is going to work.
    Is it a Home and Home deal? If so, why not switch the order if fans are allowed in Columbus?

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Is it a Home and Home deal? If so, why not switch the order if fans are allowed in Columbus?
    It is a home and home, so that could be possible if Ohio allows it, but I doubt they will by September.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...e-8-per-report

Assuming the Big 10 lets them Ohio State is planning on the football team to report June 8.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...e-8-per-report

Assuming the Big 10 lets them Ohio State is planning on the football team to report June 8.
    The B1G, or any conference for that matter, shouldn't stand in the way of athletes reporting to school. For many athletes, they are better served on campus (or nearby) than off.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    The B1G, or any conference for that matter, shouldn't stand in the way of athletes reporting to school. For many athletes, they are better served on campus (or nearby) than off.
    I think it has largely been a conference decision to this point to try and keep it fair, but from all indications they don't plan on extending the current ban on team activities past June 1.

I think it has largely been a conference decision to this point to try and keep it fair, but from all indications they don't plan on extending the current ban on team activities past June 1.
    I get they don't want one team to have an advantage, however, if the universities are able to house, train, and feed the athletes, its better for the athlete. Its better for the athlete to receive the proper training and proper nutrition, and it eases the burden it would put on the families.

Could you imagine trying to feed a college offensive lineman?

Gene Smith also talking about possibly having around 20-25k fans in the stadium. That would have a real 1998 MLS vibe too it, but I guess it's probably better than an empty stadium.

2000 students and the 18,000 biggest donors?

Turn Off Ads?