Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Ohio State Football: Same Day, New Sermon

Re: 2020 Ohio State Football: Same Day, New Sermon

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    2000 students and the 18,000 biggest donors?
    Plus the players families, that's probably about right.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Could you imagine trying to feed a college offensive lineman?
    One of my daughters was friends with Michael Bennett's sister. They were hanging out one afternoon and he asked if they wanted a snack since he was going to make one for himself. "Sure" said the girls.

He made them a pizza. A whole pizza for two teenage girls that ate like birds.

He made himself four.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

4. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (05-21-2020),kaldaniels (05-21-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Gene Smith also talking about possibly having around 20-25k fans in the stadium. That would have a real 1998 MLS vibe too it, but I guess it's probably better than an empty stadium.
    25% capacity....good news for Pitt fans, tickets will still be available on game day.

If students are in doors and attending classes, they all should be able to go to a game. Heck dorm life is a bigger spreader of viruses than anything. I almost would close a section off of students where they can sit where they wish.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...e-8-per-report

Assuming the Big 10 lets them Ohio State is planning on the football team to report June 8.
    Kudos to Ohio State for this. It sure looks like we're going to have college football in the Fall

- - - Updated - - -

I would hope they'd allow more than 2000 students but we'll see

If students are in doors and attending classes, they all should be able to go to a game. Heck dorm life is a bigger spreader of viruses than anything. I almost would close a section off of students where they can sit where they wish.
    I saw yesterday the Notre Dame AD came out and said they were considering a number around 18K to start, and the first 11K would be the students which I think is their total (full time / part time) enrollment. I am not sure how students are kept out if part of their student fees are going to the Athletic Department.

I was joking with one of my old college friends about this. Just let all of them come back get sick and then throw them all in the South Stands. The home field advantage of having the opponent spend half the game going into 40k virus infected screaming college students is terrifying.

Gavin Sawchuk, 4-star RB, has Ohio State football high on list; Bear Alexander, 4-star DE, gets a ‘second’ OSU offer: Buckeyes Recruiting roundup

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2020/0...g-roundup.html

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Gavin Sawchuk, 4-star RB, has Ohio State football high on list; Bear Alexander, 4-star DE, gets a ‘second’ OSU offer: Buckeyes Recruiting roundup

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2020/0...g-roundup.html
    https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...o-on-the-brink

Good article today on some of the high priority recruits. Sounds like if they can get Wolfe and Egbuka on campus for visits they’ll land them. Hopefully with the team coming back to campus recruiting visits can follow. Egbuka is from Washington though so could be a logistical issue.

Most Ohio State football players are already back in Columbus as voluntary workouts approach

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2020/0...-approach.html

I'm gonna note this here rather than the general college football thread - but I noticed on the crawl the other day UMich said there will be no football for them this season if students don't return to campus. Any thoughts on that?

What that means to me is (that the plan is) students will be returning to campus.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I'm gonna note this here rather than the general college football thread - but I noticed on the crawl the other day UMich said there will be no football for them this season if students don't return to campus. Any thoughts on that?

What that means to me is (that the plan is) students will be returning to campus.
    More and more schools are talking about having kids back on campus or at least a hybrid model.

A few weeks ago there seemed unity for all conferences that if one school couldn't play, they all wouldn't. They (Gene Smith) have seemed to move off of that.

FWIW Smith is talking about having games with limited fans in attendance. That had come a long way in a month. It wouldn't surprise me to see the football season to be played as scheduled.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post

That is one way to avoid losing to Ohio State in 9 consecutive seasons.

16. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (05-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Most Ohio State football players are already back in Columbus as voluntary workouts approach

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2020/0...-approach.html
    I read a similar report in regards to WVU players in Morgantown....they began arriving back in town in recent weeks even though they can not officially use campus facilities until mid June. They have been training together at local gyms and fields.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

More and more schools are talking about having kids back on campus or at least a hybrid model.

A few weeks ago there seemed unity for all conferences that if one school couldn't play, they all wouldn't. They (Gene Smith) have seemed to move off of that.

FWIW Smith is talking about having games with limited fans in attendance. That had come a long way in a month. It wouldn't surprise me to see the football season to be played as scheduled.
    https://hoosierhuddle.com/hoosier-bl...fall/2020/5/27

19. Likes:

North (05-28-2020)

Turn Off Ads?