Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Ohio State Football: Same Day, New Sermon

Re: 2020 Ohio State Football: Same Day, New Sermon

The secondary continues to look suspect.

2. Turn Off Ads?

OSU defense just isn’t very good this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    The secondary continues to look suspect.
    Rebuilding year for the secondary. I bet Shaun Wade is kicking himself for not going pro last year. Costing himself millions.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

4. Likes:

BillDoran (11-22-2020)

Don’t like how this feels

been waiting on that Pick 6 all day....the IU QB puts way to much air under his ball on the out route....not enough zip on the ball to keep making that throw without it getting picked.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

7. Likes:

kaldaniels (11-21-2020),RedTeamGo! (11-21-2020)

Buckeye secondary keeps getting torched. Not getting as much pressure on the QB either.

Fields has to step up here. Get some yards, eat the clock, and get a score.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

9. Likes:

BillDoran (11-22-2020)

Not a great start to the season for Kerry Coombs. These first 4 games have felt like the Schiano tenure. Yes, the secondary is not as talented as last year, but there are coverage breakdowns all over the place. There has been no adjustment so far. The D line is filled with NFL guys but can't get consistent pressure. This is a team that will give up 50 in the playoffs right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes:

BillDoran (11-22-2020)

Looked more offensive than defensive pass interference but that was the call.

This is insane.

This defensive scheme is complete trash. It looks just like Schiano's. Leave corners out on islands and watch them get roasted deep over and over again

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    This defensive scheme is complete trash. It looks just like Schiano's. Leave corners out on islands and watch them get roasted deep over and over again

If you have first round NFL corners maybe. But you can’t rely on that level of talent.

Whew.

We won that game because we converted turnovers into points, and Indiana did not!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    If you have first round NFL corners maybe. But you can’t rely on that level of talent.
    Right, but it didn't work great even with first round corners. That 2018 team with Arnette, Okudah, and Wade got burned every week. Coombs has not adjusted yet this year. And he's especially getting worked in the second halves. Penn State, Rutgers, and IU all got shut down pretty well in the first half and then moved the ball with ease in the second. Their coaches adjusted, OSU's have not shown the ability to. Joel Klatt was calling out what IU was going to do multiple times, but it seems like OSU had no clue.

The D line not getting home enough is an issue too. It often felt that way with Schiano too. Even with the Bosas and other really good linemen, it nevery felt like the line dominated like it should have. Last year's team was different. I know they had Chase Young, but he's no better than the Bosas were, or at least not by much. This year's team has fallen back in that department. They may not have a dominant player, but these are all top recruits

19. Likes:

BillDoran (11-22-2020),GAC (11-22-2020)

They had to give Coombs the co-DC title to get him back from the pros. I know Day and Mattison go way back, but I'd rather see Mattison go and try to find the next Chris Ash or Jeff Hafley.

Correct me if I'm wrong, been a Buckeye fan forever, but why, looking back over recent history, Bowl and play-off games, does our secondary always turn up as our Achille's Heel, gets exposed big time? Going into yesterday's game we were 6th in B1G in Pass D (224 Yds/G). We are now 14th, dead last, giving up 291 Yds/G. Ryan Day cannot be a happy man this morning. The only positive I saw was that they got their running game going big time. But after that initial 2nd Half score, Fields and this offense struggled. Fields was holding onto the ball too long, looking for that big score. He didn't help his Heisman cause in that 2nd Half. Thankfully we turned turnovers to points, while the Hoosiers did not. Or it could have been a diferent game.

I look at the Buckeye's remaining schedule, and I see them going undefeated simply because our remaining opposition has far worse problems then OSU. But if this secondary isn't fixed, then it won't be a pretty CFP 1st round. Same ol' song and dance
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?