Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Ohio State Football: Same Day, New Sermon

Re: 2020 Ohio State Football: Same Day, New Sermon

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    As I’ve been saying since last year: I’ll be absolutely shocked if Fleming does not transfer. JSN has seemingly solidified himself as the number 3, williams is already above him, and it’s looking like Egbuka and Harrison are already leapfrogging him. I’m frankly shocked he hasn’t already transferred.
    He got banged up in practice and didn’t play today, but Day and Hartline were talking him up the other day. He still seems like the most natural fit behind Olave. There is no way it’s an even split rotation this year, Olave and Wilson are going to play more. Seems like Gee Scott is going to move to TE, which could be incredible.

I’d guess an even split with JSN and Williams. Fleming when Olave comes out and Embuka when Wilson comes out. Harrison probably gets the 4 WR sets which seemingly will be more prevalent this year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

As I’ve been saying since last year: I’ll be absolutely shocked if Fleming does not transfer. JSN has seemingly solidified himself as the number 3, williams is already above him, and it’s looking like Egbuka and Harrison are already leapfrogging him. I’m frankly shocked he hasn’t already transferred.
    He’s been hurt this spring. That’s why he was no where to be found in that rotation. Gee Scott Jr. moved to tight end (also hurt so didn’t play). It does sound like Harrison Jr has made the most of his opportunities from what we have heard coming out of spring ball. Egbuka looked good today too....but I’d be surprised if a healthy Fleming isn’t right behind JSN and ahead or even with Jameson Williams if healthy this fall.

4. Likes:

BillDoran (04-18-2021)

I’m not saying that as a knock on Fleming, I think he’d be crazy not to transfer at this point. He would be WR1 on like 90% of rosters right now.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

I’m not saying that as a knock on Fleming, I think he’d be crazy not to transfer at this point. He would be WR1 on like 90% of rosters right now.
    The WR room is crazy. Running backs look good. Probably have the best TE in the nation. OL looks very solid. Hope Stroud is up to the challenge.

I'd typically agree and wouldn't necessarily be shocked were Fleming to leave (there seemed to be a clear media effort to pump Fleming up this week), but Hartline's got some weird magic right now. When Fleming signed on with fellow 5-star JSN and top-100 Gee Scott (along with since-transferred top-100 Mookie Cooper) and 5-star Garrett Wilson already in the fold, he was clearly comfortable with competition. Same reason 5-star Egbuka and top-100s Harrison Jr. and Ballard joined. Same reason 5-star Caleb Burton committed.

Whatever Hartline is selling, these guys are buying it. And I'd imagine each one of these dudes is bombarded with recruiting pitches about OSU's depth chart. Maybe Fleming being the No. 1 receiver in the country had different expectations than the others, but I would bet he sticks it out. He knows what he signed up for. He's trying to fight through an injury. It was made clear this week that they really value him. After the coming season, the depth chart will open up quite a bit. Due to Olave and Wilson absorbing the majority of catches, I'd bet, outside JSN, none of the young WRs stake a claim as a starter for fall 2022. Assuming health, Fleming will get enough action (a handful of meaningful catches, lots of blowout targets, some special teams work) to keep him happy, then 2022 will be what 2021 is to Zach Harrison (show us you're a star year).

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Whatever Hartline is selling, these guys are buying it.
    My guess, based on bits and pieces picked up in interviews with the players:
    • You will get top tier/the best coaches and training staff
    • You will compete with the top people at your position
    • Practice against the top players on the other side of the ball.
    • Elite competition, training, coaching, etc. will best prepare you for the NFL
    • A clear path to win both Conference and National Championships
    • An OSU degree sets you up in Columbus for life - if you keep your nose clean, you will land a good job
    • Real life Wednesdays - have heard it from a number of 5* (Fortune 500 internships, etc)
    • Tradition, 100K at the games, etc. - you can become a legend
    • I have heard they track OL concussions and can show they manager their folks so they have less than other places.
    • The RBs often talk about having a 2nd back with a decent amount of carries keeps mileage off their bodies heading into the NFL.
    • OSU leads in branding - I have heard this in recruit interviews - but have not really seen how this pays off. Perhaps with a significant twitter following? Chase Young/Predator was the most visible. Perhaps just the exposure. OSU twitter leads in "interactions".
    • Plan B: Even if you never crack the starting lineup here, you can transfer and take what you have learned and be successful elsewhere. OSU actively helps their players get to a good situation. (Some schools took and adversarial stance early on with their transfers - that is going to stick with them for a bit. *cough* Michigan *cough*)
    • Facilities, nutrition, etc. - Every aspect of the programs is top of the line.

There are only 4-5 colleges that can match that full of an offer.

It think they thing that has pushed OSU into the next tier is that they have elevated their academic standing significantly over the years. It allows them to target and land a higher caliber of individual. They kids they have coming in now are often just as impressive academically as they are athletically. Leaders instead of headaches.
    Last edited by gonelong; 04-18-2021 at 10:40 AM.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...ransfer-portal

Jameson Williams is transferring.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I was just about to post this! Guess I was wrong about who was going to transfer after all. This is either really good news about Fleming or Williams didn’t want to behind Olave and Wilson another year.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

I was just about to post this! Guess I was wrong about who was going to transfer after all. This is either really good news about Fleming or Williams didn’t want to behind Olave and Wilson another year.
    I think he just got buried by the freshman and Olave staying. Fleming is just more talented and was getting all the buzz from Hartline for working hard and blocking and all that coach speak stuff.

More or less clears up the log jam for this season though.

12. Likes:

RiverRat13 (04-28-2021)

I am kinda bummed to see Jamo leave, I thought he could have been a useful player. Issue with him was that he never really developed last season.

Can't teach speed, but come October he would have been with the 3rd stringers. Someone is getting one heck of a player.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I am kinda bummed to see Jamo leave, I thought he could have been a useful player. Issue with him was that he never really developed last season.

Can't teach speed, but come October he would have been with the 3rd stringers. Someone is getting one heck of a player.
    Absolutely. RTG was basically making this point with Fleming though, where you just can’t keep 7 or 8 guys when any 1 of them is WR1 at 90% of schools.

He is going to Bama.

He is going to Bama.
    This is a dude making business decisions.

Best of luck to him. Hope he's great in Tuscaloosa.

17. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (05-03-2021)

Ohio State: Is there a scandal coming?

There are rumors that there is a scandal coming for the Ohio State University today. I’m not sure of the exact nature of it yet, but we’ll see what it is.

This is not an article I enjoy writing. In fact, it’s an article I never thought I would write. Any hint of a scandal around the Ohio State University. It seemed to leave once Urban Meyer retired. His Zach Smith thing was the only thing that troubled the Buckeyes over the last decade.

Unfortunately, that sounds like it’s changing. There are rumors swirling around that there is a scandal that is about to hit the Ohio State University. I have no idea the severity of what’s about to happen or who it involves. I’ve only heard rumors.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Whatever it is, it doesn’t sound like it’s bad. The guy that wrote that is a moron.

The speculation is it’s either NIL related or Gene Smith is the new PAC 12 Commissioner.

20. Likes:

BillDoran (05-13-2021)

Turn Off Ads?