Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dads of Reds Zone and Future Raising of Reds fans

Dads of Reds Zone and Future Raising of Reds fans

We need a thread here. I'm on another popular message board that one one like this and it's great to hear from dads who have older kids and NOW it's great to hear about some of you who might be about ready to have new ones so it's a great place to offer and hear advice. Also I figured this would be a good place for us Dadbros to brag about how awesome our kids are or the crazy **** they did that almost made you lose your **** and other stuff.

I'll start: I have 2 boys (my wife and I are finished with kids. I made sure of that last May. )

Oldest turns 5 end of May
    2nd one turns 3 on August 1st

We're holding our oldest back since he'll be young for his grade. He'll do another year of pre-school next year. I was a June baby and I HATED being the youngest in my grade. Everyone I have talked to, and I mean EVERYONE, has said there have been no negatives about holding your oldest son back. As for my second son, he'll go on time being a August 1st baby.

2. Likes:

North (04-12-2020),RedTeamGo! (04-12-2020),Roy Tucker (04-12-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dads of Reds Zone and Future Raising of Reds fans

We have two girls - four and two, and the four year old will be five in late August. We made the decision just before COVID-19 to start the older one in full day kindergarten this coming school year after two years of preschool. It seems like most aren't doing that, at least in our district, but we also read it's very dependent on the individual, and we're relatively confident she's ready for kindergarten. Her preschool teachers did not think she's unprepared to start right now. Obviously, missing the last two months of preschool won't help, but I think she'll be fine in the long run.

5. Likes:

North (04-12-2020),Roy Tucker (04-12-2020)

My son, with part of his bobble head army, my wife and my daughter. I'm blessed, both kids love going to Reds games.
    Name:  IMG_20160611_185354970.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  303.0 KB
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

7. Likes:

North (04-12-2020),Roy Tucker (04-12-2020),Todd Gack (04-12-2020),Yachtzee (04-26-2020)

3 children, 2 daughters and a son. They are (have to think here) 31, 29 and 26. Raised them, school K-12, put through college, and put on weddings for all 3. Have one grandson now. And managed to stay married through the whole time which is a minor miracle.

I’ve seen it all. Got back and read “the thread” and you’ll see the chronicles there. Ask me anything.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

9. Likes:

paintmered (04-12-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    We have two girls - four and two, and the four year old will be five in late August. We made the decision just before COVID-19 to start the older one in full day kindergarten this coming school year after two years of preschool. It seems like most aren't doing that, at least in our district, but we also read it's very dependent on the individual, and we're relatively confident she's ready for kindergarten. Her preschool teachers did not think she's unprepared to start right now. Obviously, missing the last two months of preschool won't help, but I think she'll be fine in the long run.
    Good luck with 2 girls. After having a boy with our first, my wife and I were hoping for a girl but I'm SOOOOOO happy to have 2 boys. I've also had a lot of people tell me that I'm lucky to have 2 boys because girls are such a pain in the butt as you grow older compared to boys. . haha.

I think if you're only going to have 2, it's best to have both of them the same sex. But I'm sure being a Girl Dad will be extremely special.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    3 children, 2 daughters and a son. They are (have to think here) 31, 29 and 26. Raised them, school K-12, put through college, and put on weddings for all 3. Have one grandson now. And managed to stay married through the whole time which is a minor miracle.

I’ve seen it all. Got back and read “the thread” and you’ll see the chronicles there. Ask me anything.
    Ahh, so Roy will be our resident expert. We're just getting through the potty training stage during quarantine with our 2 year old. It's been going well, although messy at times. Each stage of life seems to get more fun!
    Last edited by Todd Gack; 04-12-2020 at 10:09 AM.

11. Likes:

Boss-Hog (04-12-2020)

Good thread!

I have a 4 year old boy named Wyatt (my wife won’t admit he’s named after Tombstone, but you’re a dandy if you do) and a 1.5 year old daughter named Wendy.

My son is a crazy person, but he loves life and gets so excited. He has recently been loving baseball in the backyard.

My daughter is a bruiser and I believe she’s going to be my little nerd that likes sci fi/fantasy, Star Wars/Trek, and video games with her dad. Just a gut feeling. Star Wars: Return of the Jedi was on tv a week ago and she just randomly came over and sat on my lap and watched it until commercial. Can’t explain how excited I was. Lol.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

13. Likes:

Boss-Hog (04-12-2020),Todd Gack (04-12-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Good thread!

I have a 4 year old boy named Wyatt (my wife won’t admit he’s named after Tombstone, but you’re a dandy if you do) and a 1.5 year old daughter named Wendy.

My son is a crazy person, but he loves life and gets so excited. He has recently been loving baseball in the backyard.

My daughter is a bruiser and I believe she’s going to be my little nerd that likes sci fi/fantasy, Star Wars/Trek, and video games with her dad. Just a gut feeling. Star Wars: Return of the Jedi was on tv a week ago and she just randomly came over and sat on my lap and watched it until commercial. Can’t explain how excited I was. Lol.
    I can't get my boys into sports yet. My almost 5 year old will ask him to throw baseball to him some times, but he just loves building stuff. Very creative dude. Good to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I can't get my boys into sports yet. My almost 5 year old will ask him to throw baseball to him some times, but he just loves building stuff. Very creative dude. Good to hear!
    That has been one of the things that has surprised me the most about parenthood. Kids are seemingly naturally drawn to certain things/hobbies/activities. My son has loved anything with wheels and any kind of ball since he was like 4-5 months old. He has gotten really into playing soccer and baseball and loves watching football and hockey on tv and in person. I turned on a repeat of OSU/UM 2016 yesterday and he immediately stopped what he was doing and started watching. Loves it. We got a soccer net for the backyard and he’s getting quite good at dribbling and shooting. Recently he’s been getting in goal and asking me to kick shots at him. Fun stuff.

It’s funny, they are both under 5 and I feel like I already have a pretty good grasp of what they are going to be like in high school. My son is going to be an outgoing athlete that is a terror for teachers and will get in a lot of trouble. My daughter is going to be a quiet nerdy type.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post

It’s funny, they are both under 5 and I feel like I already have a pretty good grasp of what they are going to be like in high school. My son is going to be an outgoing athlete that is a terror for teachers and will get in a lot of trouble. My daughter is going to be a quiet nerdy type.
    Haha. . . . .I've said the same thing to my wife. My oldest son is more of a creative type. He's more emotional and cries easier on a lot of things but he's going to be the better student of the two. I could throw my youngest out of my 2nd story window and he'd just just himself off and go on his way while my oldest will cry over the wind hitting his face. Youngest one will definitely be more athletic, although very small. He's still having 24 months pants fall off of him and he's over 2.5!

17. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (04-12-2020)

I have four daughters that are 28,26, 23, and 22years old. All are in different lines of work. They are a teacher, financial planner, social worker, and a nurse. Only my youngest has any interest in sports at all. People asked what I did when they were all teenagers at the same time, and I just said, "I fished a lot!"
    "Why are those Dodger pitchers in the Reds bullpen?"-GAC August 28, 2009

19. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (04-12-2020),Roy Tucker (04-12-2020),Todd Gack (04-13-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by redhawkfish View Post
    I have four daughters that are 28,26, 23, and 22years old. All are in different lines of work. They are a teacher, financial planner, social worker, and a nurse. Only my youngest has any interest in sports at all. People asked what I did when they were all teenagers at the same time, and I just said, "I fished a lot!"
    OMG, I can't imagine having 4 daughters. Again, the challenges you face are so much different than boys from everything I've been told. Props to handling it. All I know is that I had two sisters who were 10 months apart and I was 1.5 older than the next one and good lord were they a pain in the ass in HS! (Of course, I was a pain to them too!)

21. Likes:

redhawkfish (04-13-2020)

Not sure about HS, obviously, but so far my son has been wayyyyyy more of a challenge than my daughter.

My son is basically Bart Simpson, though. Even has the hair.

23. Likes:

redhawkfish (04-13-2020)

Nice thread!

I have a daughter who is 8, and son who is 7, another daughter who is 5, and a foster child who's been with us since birth who is about 16 months old. The difference in personality are incredible and as they are aging a little bit we're getting more and more into sports.

My oldest daughter is a laid back kid outside of sports but is ferocious when playing anything. She's a tall slender kid who is bigger than most kids her age, though she is one of the youngest in her class. She plays basketball, which is pretty awful to watch at this level, but she plays hard in a way that you're proud of. In softball she swings the bat harder than any kid I think I've ever seen. She's not always fundamentally correct at this stage but man she swings hard. Makes me nervous to pitch to her sometimes!

My oldest boy plays baseball and basketball. He's a little timid with baseball and seems nervous a lot when playing. I think he likes it but it's certainly different with basketball. With basketball his confidence is just so much greater.

My youngest daughter was supposed to start softball this year but that of course didn't work out. She's a bit of a firecracker :-)

And the youngest just loves being outside around his siblings. He's into everything but is also the sweetest kid....which is good because he's into everything!

Kids between about 3 and 12 are great fun. They like you, they like to hang out with you, and you thing this dad gig is pretty sweet.

And then they become teenagers and the world changes. Hoooooo dogies, does it change. I still carry my lawyer’s and a bail bondsman business cards and know what the interior of police offices and a jail look like. I cannot say the thought of “I’ll just take him/her out and we’ll start all over”. But I’ve also seen them wear the summa cum laude cords at college graduations and walked them down the aisle as father of the bride(s). It’s an odyssey that nobody comes out of unscathed. But I also think being a father has been the best thing I’ve ever done. It forces you to fully participate in the festival of life.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

26. Likes:

bounty37h (04-16-2020),dfs (04-13-2020),redhawkfish (04-13-2020),Todd Gack (04-14-2020)

Turn Off Ads?