Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are your Doctors cancelling appointments yet?

Are your Doctors cancelling appointments yet?

3 cancellations for me so far. My dentist and ENT closed their office last week. Got a call from my pulmonologist today. The office will be closing next week.

The pressure on the system is mounting.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Are your Doctors cancelling appointments yet?

My eye doctor cancelled everything through April 6 a week ago. I'm looking at probably mid may before he can schedule me.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    3 cancellations for me so far. My dentist and ENT closed their office last week. Got a call from my pulmonologist today. The office will be closing next week.

The pressure on the system is mounting.
    Not only pressure it is also the clinics trying to limit exposure to staff and other patients, there will be a lot of checkups, cleanings and maintenance visits canceled, that doesn't always mean staff is put into another position, sometimes rural systems have staff sitting around because they have to postpone for protection reasons. This is problematic for them as visits are revenue and often these locations have some margins between success and failure.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Not only pressure it is also the clinics trying to limit exposure to staff and other patients, there will be a lot of checkups, cleanings and maintenance visits canceled, that doesn't always mean staff is put into another position, sometimes rural systems have staff sitting around because they have to postpone for protection reasons. This is problematic for them as visits are revenue and often these locations have some margins between success and failure.
    Yes, that's implicit.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    My eye doctor cancelled everything through April 6 a week ago. I'm looking at probably mid may before he can schedule me.
    Our eye doctor is delivering prescriptions in the parking lot, I saw a car parked outside his office the other day and a tech ran out with the patients new glasses

Our eye doctor is delivering prescriptions in the parking lot, I saw a car parked outside his office the other day and a tech ran out with the patients new glasses
    I'm a new patient, my old one retired and I had heard a lot of good things (plus I'm due to be dilated).
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Heh, that's pretty good.

I have an endoscopy follow-up in early May. It will probably be a no-go.

Hey, that's what my brewery is doing with my "prescription"!

10. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (03-31-2020),RFS62 (03-29-2020),RichRed (03-29-2020),westofyou (03-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Hey, that's what my brewery is doing with my "prescription"!
    Growlers are still being filled here.. I just have been housing more six packs in my garage

One of the doctors at my office got exposed to the virus, so the whole group got shut down for a couple weeks. Fortunately I didn't have anything scheduled.

One doctors office closed and cancelled my April 3rd appointment. Then rescheduled for a couple days ago in a bigger city. I went to get my script. Wrote 2, so I don’t go back till June, unless they cancel again. I went Thursday, and wasn’t liking it. Lol

I have a Cardiologist appointment on April 13th. They’ll more than likely cancel. That Doc comes to my town, so no biggie.

Yes.

My Dad (98) has appointments with CEI every 4 weeks for shots. So far tomorrow's appointment is still a go. No masks but disposable gloves and we'll wait till his appointment time for him to go in (patients only). His dental appointments with the VA next month were cancelled but his pacemaker check is still on. My dental cleaning is in June.
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Broke a tooth last week and the dentist agreed to let me come in, just him in the office, wanted me to take my temp before I walked in, he did the same, he wiped everything down before I got there, changed gloves about 10 times, because it was just him all he could do was put a temp crown on and tell me to come back when they reopen.

He wanted Mrs.Krono wait in the car, and when I was leaving he called the next patient to come in, passed him in the parking lot, we waved at each..about 10 feet apart of course
    Go Gators!

So Dad's eye appointment today was different. Put the gloves on, waited in the car, then a nurse greeted him at the door and asked questions about his overall health. His next appointment is in 7 weeks (5/18) which is fine since his condition is not critical. Probably call the VA later this week about his pacemaker diagnostic check. He has a in-home reporting device which is completed monthly.
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Turn Off Ads?