Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Elephant in the Room - Castellanos and Bauer

Elephant in the Room - Castellanos and Bauer

With everything going on have we realized yet it’s possible Castellanos might never play 1 inning for the Reds during the regular season if he opts out? “We” May have traded an asset (TT) for 2 months of Bauer?

Ughhhhhhhh
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Elephant in the Room - Castellanos and Bauer

The mind that is anxious about future events is miserable.

~ Seneca

4. Likes:

BoxingRed (03-28-2020),Fil3232 (03-28-2020),Frank Robinson (03-30-2020),GAC (03-30-2020),goreds2 (03-27-2020),LexRedsFan (04-01-2020),North (03-27-2020),Red Raindog (03-27-2020),redsfandan (03-27-2020),redsmetz (04-01-2020),sjjones (03-28-2020),WrongVerb (03-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    The mind that is anxious about future events is miserable.

~ Seneca
    Just pointing out. It’s a very real (and in my opinion) likely scenario we don’t see baseball this season. If that happens the reds will have gone all in on a season that didn’t happen.

Obviously more important things in the world to worry about and this is absolutely not the reds fault. But wow, talk about a snakebit franchise.

I don't see anyway Castellanos opts out at this point. If things are so bad they don't have a season there is virtually no chance of it. Owners will be clutching every penny if things get that bad.

7. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (03-31-2020),LexRedsFan (04-01-2020),REDREAD (03-30-2020)

It could be worse. We could be the Dodgers trading valuable players to Boston to never see Mookie Betts suit up in Dodger blue during the regular season.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

9. Likes:

BluegrassRedleg (03-29-2020),goldglover9 (03-27-2020),JCM11 (03-30-2020),redsfandan (03-27-2020)

Castellanos has another opt out in 2021 so I doubt he would opt to find a new deal.
    Bauer would likely sign another one year deal with Cincinnati as long as they didn't try to low ball him.

11. Likes:

REDREAD (03-30-2020)

There's a million and one possibilities as to how it will all play out. The OP is one.

13. Likes:

Sea Ray (03-31-2020)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I’d be surprised if Castellanos goes anywhere, Bauer is a wild card though.

The fact that the Reds went in it to win it is probably the reason this is all happening, given how cursed this city’s sports teams are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    It could be worse. We could be the Dodgers trading valuable players to Boston to never see Mookie Betts suit up in Dodger blue during the regular season.
    That’s the one that really, really stings

It would suck for sure, but there is literally no possible way to plan for something like this so just roll with the punches if that happens. I'm guessing in 6-8 weeks we will be on the positive side of all this with Baseball getting ramped up.

16. Likes:

Edd Roush (03-27-2020),Rdirtypirates (03-27-2020),redsfandan (03-27-2020)

Is it confirmed that players will accrue a year of service time (and thus be FA) even if there is no season?
    Go BLUE!!!

So I bought my friend an elephant for his room.

He said “Thank You,”

I said, “Don’t mention it.”
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

19. Likes:

M2 (03-27-2020),marcshoe (03-28-2020),westofyou (03-27-2020)

Jon Heyman
    @JonHeyman
    ·
    19h
    If there’s no season, Mookie Betts still would be a free agent, which would be quite a bad break for the Dodgers, who gave up a decent haul to get him. LA would still be able to make him a qualifying offer, which nets them a draft choice should he sign elsewhere.
    Jon Heyman
    @JonHeyman
    ·
    19h
    In the event of no season, Mookie Betts, Trevor Bauer and others in that class would still be free agents, eligible to sign with new team for the 2021 season

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Is it confirmed that players will accrue a year of service time (and thus be FA) even if there is no season?
    Jon Heyman
    @JonHeyman
    ·
    20h
    Biggest get in the deal for players--service time even in event of cancelled season.
    Jon Heyman
    @JonHeyman
    ·
    20h
    In the event of a canceled season, MLB players’ service time in 2020 will be based on games played in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Yep

Better to think of great past seasons (and wait and see about this season) than overreact to what probably won't happen.

Turn Off Ads?