Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 2020-2021: ? Has Entered the Draft/Transfer Portal

Re: UK Basketball 2020-2021: ? Has Entered the Draft/Transfer Portal

UK plays tonight 6pm est. on SEC Network.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Without looking, I'm almost positive a Florida/ Georgia women's soccer match that is being broadcast before the game will go to quadruple overtime because *reasons*.

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Their Friday game has been postponed with Detroit Mercy because of COVID within Detroit's team. Cal said they would try to make it up later on.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

5. Likes:

goreds2 (11-25-2020)

Kentucky destroys Morehead in their first contest of the season. There's a long way to go, but a few observations:

Individual
    1. Isaiah Jackson looked awesome for about three minutes, then seemed to struggle.

2. Olivier Sarr wasn't looked for at all by Kentucky guards in the first half. That changed in the second half. He showed a really nice jumper out to 18 feet.

3. Terrence Clarke is a 6'7" guard who has unreal athletic potential. SEC teams will go under picks and dare him to beat them from distance. He may struggle when faced with that.

4. BJ Boston struggled with his shot early, then got it going by going to the hoop.

5. Davion Mintz is Kentucky's best shooter and might be their best guard right now. Really like him.

6. Devin Askew had four turnovers, but looked good otherwise.

7. Dontae Allen, Kentucky native, can shoot. He's aggressive looking to shoot. Cal didn't play him much, though.

8. Cam'Ron Fletcher looked good as a scrapper and as a corner shooter. He played good D as well. One to watch.

9. Lance Ware and Jacob Toppin show promise, but are a year away. Their development might be fun to watch over the course of the season.

Overall
    - The Cats shot well-- 57%-- and shot well from three. But, man, did they struggle at the free throw line.
    - Lots of good looks that will eventually drop.
    - More importantly, at least three guys who can go get a score.
    - They did all this with their best player out-- Keion Brooks did not play and won't for a week or so.

7. Likes:

cumberlandreds (11-26-2020),UKFlounder (11-25-2020)

be careful, think Richmond is projected to have a solid squad this year. They scored 1 more point against Morehead than UK....but gave up 19 more points to Morehead.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

UK Basketball 2020-2021: ? Has Entered the Draft/Transfer Portal

Under five minutes to go and Richmond is up by double digits.

UK needs someone other than Clarke, Sarr, or Boston to step up.
    Last edited by WVRed; 11-29-2020 at 02:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

21 turnovers with a minute 30 to go.

Not sure if I can go through a season like this.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post

Richmond is a solid team from a very good and underrated conference.

People always sleep on the A-10 and get smacked.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Richmond is a solid team from a very good and underrated conference.

People always sleep on the A-10 and get smacked.
    St Louis beat LSU last night.

Kentucky has a brutal schedule for a team with only one returning contributor last year. Next up Kansas on Tuesday night.

St Louis beat LSU last night.

Kentucky has a brutal schedule for a team with only one returning contributor last year. Next up Kansas on Tuesday night.
    Kentucky not returning starters is a feature, not a bug. Lol come on.

You did not call Cal and warn him after my post? Huggins will be on the phone with Cal soon because Richmond comes to Morgantown next month. I have heard a few people talking about the Spiders before this season....some think they may be one of the better mid-majors. They have looked like it in the 2nd half against UK in Rupp Arena. The morning call in shows from within the 100 miles around Lexington should be interesting tomorrow.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Kentucky not returning starters is a feature, not a bug. Lol come on.
    Not when it’s practically the entire team.

Two players returned from this team. One was injured last year (Allen), one is injured this year (Brooks)

All new faces either out of high school or transfer. Only team in Cals tenure that had this much turnover was the 2012-2013 team that missed the tournament after Nerlens Noel got hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    You did not call Cal and warn him after my post? Huggins will be on the phone with Cal soon because Richmond comes to Morgantown next month. I have heard a few people talking about the Spiders before this season....some think they may be one of the better mid-majors. They have looked like it in the 2nd half against UK in Rupp Arena. The morning call in shows from within the 100 miles around Lexington should be interesting tomorrow.
    Kentucky Sports Radio

Not when it’s practically the entire team.

Two players returned from this team. One was injured last year (Allen), one is injured this year (Brooks)

All new faces either out of high school or transfer. Only team in Cals tenure that had this much turnover was the 2012-2013 team that missed the tournament after Nerlens Noel got hurt.
    That’s what you signed up for with Cal. I’m not even saying it’s bad, it’s just a silly thing to complain about as a Kentucky fan.

It’s the equivalent of Clemson football fans saying “we get all these 5 star recruits and elite athletes. We just don’t have grinders.”

18. Likes:

texasdave (11-29-2020)

That’s what you signed up for with Cal. I’m not even saying it’s bad, it’s just a silly thing to complain about as a Kentucky fan.

It’s the equivalent of Clemson football fans saying “we get all these 5 star recruits and elite athletes. We just don’t have grinders.”
    I would agree on the first five years Cal was here up to the Wisconsin game. The last five though have been ridiculous in terms of players leaving.

Most of the teams under Cal have players who do come back for a second and sometimes third season. Here’s a list of players and that doesn’t include Kahlil Whitney (who quit midseason) and Johnny Juzang.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2020/1/24...itney-transfer

I don’t even chalk that up to Cal as much as it is the players that are recruited. It’s been a subject of debate between BZ and I in this very thread.

Turn Off Ads?