Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 2020-2021: ? Has Entered the Draft/Transfer Portal

Re: UK Basketball 2020-2021: ? Has Entered the Draft/Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Worse than 88-89?
    I still say nothing could be worse than that season, even though the two Billy Gillespie years were close. I'm afraid this season has a chance to make into my bottom ten seasons though.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

I know about Tennessee and now Mizzou, how does the rest of the SEC stack up?

CBS Sports Classic changed to Kentucky now playing North Carolina instead of UCLA this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

UK Basketball 2020-2021: ? Has Entered the Draft/Transfer Portal

1-5 for the first time since 1927.

It’s fine to say “we are young”, “it’s a process” and “they will get better”

But 1-5 just isn’t acceptable at Kentucky.

What a difference ten years can make:

Last edited by WVRed; 12-19-2020 at 07:25 PM.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

1-5 for the first time since 1927.
    Where they gonna finish in the SEC?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Where they gonna finish in the SEC?
    At this point I see this being a dumpster fire. It would be so 2020 though for this team to beat Louisville though.

There’s obvious problems. Cam’Ron Fletcher crying on the bench over lack of playing time, Terrence Clarke walking off the court before the game ended, and Cal sending Keion Brooks out to answer questions about the game (he didn’t play).

Only one team in NCAA history has rebounded from a 1-5 start to make the NCAA tournament and that was 99 Texas.

8. Likes:

Assembly Hall (12-19-2020)

Louisville just lost by 40 to Wisconsin, so beating Louisville shouldn't be too exciting/surprising.

At this point I see this being a dumpster fire. It would be so 2020 though for this team to beat Louisville though.

There’s obvious problems. Cam’Ron Fletcher crying on the bench over lack of playing time, Terrence Clarke walking off the court before the game ended, and Cal sending Keion Brooks out to answer questions about the game (he didn’t play).

Only one team in NCAA history has rebounded from a 1-5 start to make the NCAA tournament and that was 99 Texas.
    TY.

Cal to the NBA?

TY.

Cal to the NBA?
    Im thinking retirement.

Maybe not this year but it’s coming sooner rather than later. Cals in his 10th year and by comparison Joe B made it 13 and Tubby lasted 10.

The job and the pressure wears on people. Cal is the perfect fit from the personality standpoint for the BBN just like Pitino was but fans are getting tired of the constant turnover and the NBA factory.

There’s a very real possibility this years team could miss the tournament and place three players in the lottery. That doesn’t resonate well with UK fans.

There’s a very real possibility this years team could miss the tournament and place three players in the lottery. That doesn’t resonate well with UK fans.
    That is something right there.

We have reached the point where I am feeling bad for the UK players....I mean they have to feel a massive amount of pressure.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

That is something right there.
    well, Cal has always said his priority is getting his kids paid. I doubt that most UK fans agree with his order of priorities.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    well, Cal has always said his priority is getting his kids paid. I doubt that most UK fans agree with his order of priorities.
    They don’t care about the NBA as long as he wins. This year I think Cal bit off more than he could chew with the turnover but overall this has manifested since the Wisconsin loss five years ago.

They don’t care about the NBA as long as he wins. This year I think Cal bit off more than he could chew with the turnover but overall this has manifested since the Wisconsin loss five years ago.
    Time to break out the "1-39" shirts? LOL..sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Cal has asked CamRon Fletcher step away from the team. Cal has some big problems from within that may not be resolved at this point. Also, at this point this team is running out of chances for good wins even if they do turn it around. Unless a miracle happens this team won't be in the NCAA's and probably not even a winning record. Just too young. Something like this was bound to happen if Cal stayed at UK long enough. When you are turning over a new team nearly every year you never know when you get a group of bad apples or over evaluated players who just aren't that good.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?