Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
The turnover last year was actually quite low, and they still struggled. Still, that struggle is relative. They went to the Elite 8 twice and the Sweet 16 once in the past five years. This year, they had a real chance to win it all. They won the SEC crown this year. They won it three times in the last five years. I don't know of too many squads in the country that wouldn't trade.

Best recruiting ranking in the nation this year, with two wings inside the top 10.

Best or second-best recruiting ranking every year since Calipari has been at Kentucky. Except one.

He was third that year.

I don't think you can say any of this with any kind of confidence.
Tubby won a lot of SEC titles (regular season and tournament). Iíd trade those for another championship or two in the Cal era.

Recruiting is tricky. The numbers are there because of the volume of the players Cal is bringing in so in a way they are overinflated. Look at the following:

2016: DeAron Fox (6)
2017: Hami Diallo (10)
2018: EJ Montgomery (9)
2019: Tyrese Maxey (10)
2020: BJ Boston (4)

Those are the highest rated recruits from each class. BJ Boston is the highest but there hasnít been a John Wall, Anthony Davis, or KAT in the last five years. Cal has missed on a lot of top recruits whether itís Ben Simmons, Zion Williamson, Cade Cunningham, James Wiseman, Anthony Edwards, RJ Barrett, etc.

I donít fault Cal for it given the baggage of some of the players listed but I do think some of it is the staff recruiting the players. Like Tubby, Cal has an intense loyalty to certain people on his staff, namely Justus and Barbee.

I canít say the Coronavirus part with any confidence but given how the past five years have gone itís pretty much the trend.