Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 2020-2021: ? Has Entered the Draft/Transfer Portal

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: UK Basketball 2020-2021: ? Has Entered the Draft/Transfer Portal

And the rafters at Rupp are on fire.

My advice to Cal...stick with this team. Let's see what he can do with a bunch of "under achievers." 2 years from now this could be his best team ever. Of course BZ had them tabbed for the FF before they ever played a game.

2. Likes:

WVRed (12-21-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Cal has asked CamRon Fletcher step away from the team. Cal has some big problems from within that may not be resolved at this point. Also, at this point this team is running out of chances for good wins even if they do turn it around. Unless a miracle happens this team won't be in the NCAA's and probably not even a winning record. Just too young. Something like this was bound to happen if Cal stayed at UK long enough. When you are turning over a new team nearly every year you never know when you get a group of bad apples or over evaluated players who just aren't that good.
    If I am not mistaken, under the rule for this year, he could actually transfer and play at a new school in January.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    And the rafters at Rupp are on fire.

My advice to Cal...stick with this team. Let's see what he can do with a bunch of "under achievers." 2 years from now this could be his best team ever. Of course BZ had them tabbed for the FF before they ever played a game.
    That’s assuming they stay through the adversity. Instead of grinding it out they look to move elsewhere. I fault the NCAA for that more than I fault Cal.

What I do fault Cal for is he will let certain players make more mistakes and not yank them out of a game but others have a much shorter leash. That’s essentially why Jemarl Baker is at Arizona right now.

Don’t get me wrong, there are good building block pieces to this team. Cam’Ron Fletcher and Lance Ware are/were two of those who could provide a solid supporting cast and provide upperclassmen leadership as early as next year. Problem is I don’t know if any player currently on this team will be here two years from now.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Speaking of BZ, haven’t seen him post since the Morehead game.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    That’s assuming they stay through the adversity. Instead of grinding it out they look to move elsewhere. I fault the NCAA for that more than I fault Cal.

What I do fault Cal for is he will let certain players make more mistakes and not yank them out of a game but others have a much shorter leash. That’s essentially why Jemarl Baker is at Arizona right now.

Don’t get me wrong, there are good building block pieces to this team. Cam’Ron Fletcher and Lance Ware are/were two of those who could provide a solid supporting cast and provide upperclassmen leadership as early as next year. Problem is I don’t know if any player currently on this team will be here two years from now.
    TY and fair enough.

Speaking of BZ, haven’t seen him post since the Morehead game.
    I would assume he has found his home on the "politics" forum. Trying to get Mitch(Big Mac) to put a federal injunction in place to save the "cay-uts" season.

9. Likes:

adkindo (12-21-2020),WVRed (12-21-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    We have reached the point where I am feeling bad for the UK players....I mean they have to feel a massive amount of pressure.
    I don’t. It’s Kentucky. You know what you signed up for. Same with Duke, UNC, Kansas, or any other blue blood.

This is where in the past the teams would use this as a learning experience and be better for it later rather than sooner. With players being able to transfer out at Will and I think that’s going to happen with Fletcher it’s the same cycle every year.

11. Likes:

Assembly Hall (12-21-2020)

I forgot to mention, but did you see Quade Green almost got that 30 point game (for Washington) earlier this month that Cal promised would happen.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Looks like I need to subscribe to the Athletic:

The Athletic: Calipari in “power struggle” with UK players, may welcome departures

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/bask...me-departures/

It’s kinda like the saying nobody wins in a strike. Cal isn’t going to win, the players aren’t going to win, and ultimately the fans are the ones who suffer.

14. Likes:

Assembly Hall (12-22-2020)

Looks like I need to subscribe to the Athletic:

The Athletic: Calipari in “power struggle” with UK players, may welcome departures

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/bask...me-departures/

It’s kinda like the saying nobody wins in a strike. Cal isn’t going to win, the players aren’t going to win, and ultimately the fans are the ones who suffer.
    Time for the snake oil salesman to step down. Time to get back to 1978 UK basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Time for the snake oil salesman to step down. Time to get back to 1978 UK basketball.
    He won’t. He isn’t getting fired either. Too much money involved for one train wreck season.

I follow WVU basketball as well and Huggins has dealt with similar issues in the past and those players end up leaving during spring cleaning. Problem is spring cleaning happens every year at Kentucky anyways.

17. Likes:

Assembly Hall (12-22-2020),cumberlandreds (12-23-2020)

Might as well call it 1-6:

Of course these are the officials for the UK-UL game…

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/bask...he-uk-ul-game/

(TV Ted and Doug Showsoff)

First time since 1911 UK is 1-6.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Not surprised about the outcome.

When the top option on this team is a bench player from Creighton it’s going to be a long season.

Cal is getting grilled by fans for blaming everything on the schedule he made out. Not factoring in Louisville, Kansas, and UNC because they are locked/round robin games all he’s responsible for is Richmond, Georgia Tech, and Notre Dame. The last thing the winningest program in college basketball should be complaining about is who they schedule.

One thing is sad about this team, they didn’t get to experience Big Blue Madness, they will never experience a packed Rupp Arena with 20,000+ cheering them on. They will never experience the Big Blue Nation packing the SEC Tournament. What they do get to experience is online criticism from fans in the worst way possible.

What is the problem with Brooks? Injury wise.

Turn Off Ads?