Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 2020-2021: ? Has Entered the Draft/Transfer Portal

Re: UK Basketball 2020-2021: ? Has Entered the Draft/Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Three in a row after whipping Tennessee today in Knoxville. Looks like they might be coming together but albeit too late to make the NCAA's without a miracle in the SEC tournament..
    Very optimistic though heading into next season especially if Davion Mintz comes back.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Very optimistic though heading into next season especially if Davion Mintz comes back.
    I thought Mintz was a graduate transfer and this is it for him? Yea it all depends on who comes back.

Just read that the A&M game Tuesday night has been canceled due to COVID issues for A&M. Just when things start looking up COVID raises its ugly head again. That will be the fifth straight game for A&M canceled. I would think they are at the point of just calling off the rest of the season.
    Last edited by cumberlandreds; 02-20-2021 at 08:11 PM.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I thought Mintz was a graduate transfer and this is it for him? Yea it all depends on who comes back.

Just read that the A&M game Tuesday night has been canceled due to COVID issues for A&M. Just when things start looking up COVID raises its ugly head again. That will be the fifth straight game for A&M canceled. I would think they are at the point of just calling off the rest of the season.
    Seniors are granted an extra season due to covid and he is seriously considering it.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Seniors are granted an extra season due to covid and he is seriously considering it.
    Thanks. I hope he does.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Great Toppin got eligibility this year. was expecting big things but the vandy game was a flash.

If he can get to the FT line regularly he could be a problem. attempting 2-3 3's a game would open the floor up for everyone too.

The SEC has re-scheduled UK's game with South Carolina for March 6th in Lexington. None of the other games canceled will be re-scheduled. So in the end UK will lose three games to COVID.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Kentucky loses to Florida which all but means they have to win the SEC Tournament to get in.

Looking ahead to next season though:

If Clarke, Boston, and Jackson leave:

Guards-Devin Askew, Nolan Hickman, Daivion Mintz, Skyy Clark

Wings- Jacob Toppin, CamRon Fletcher

Bigs- Olivier Sarr, Oscar Tshiebwe, Daimion Collins, Lance Ware, Bryce Hopkins, Keion Brooks

I can see some more attrition to the roster especially Fletcher and possibly up front but this may be the best front court in the nation next season.

Any thoughts from other UK fans on how far this years Cats will advace in the SEC tournament? Most people are predicting UK to win today but go out tomorrow against Bama. Which is the safe pick. I will be wildly optimistic and say UK will advance all the way to Sunday but lose a close one to Arkansas. It will be like 1979 when UK was in the same predicament in having to win the SEC tournament to get a NCAA bid. UK had a great run in that tourney but came up short in OT against Tennessee.

The game today is at noon against Miss State on the SEC Network.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Any thoughts from other UK fans on how far this years Cats will advace in the SEC tournament? Most people are predicting UK to win today but go out tomorrow against Bama. Which is the safe pick. I will be wildly optimistic and say UK will advance all the way to Sunday but lose a close one to Arkansas. It will be like 1979 when UK was in the same predicament in having to win the SEC tournament to get a NCAA bid. UK had a great run in that tourney but came up short in OT against Tennessee.

The game today is at noon against Miss State on the SEC Network.
    Last four minutes did them in again.

Fitting end to the season.

Last four minutes did them in again.

Fitting end to the season.
    Yep, microcosm of the season. Get down big, comeback to take a lead and then blow it at the end. Oh well it just gets the agony over quicker for this season. Go get'em next year.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

WVred,

Any thought on who comes back next year? Jackson and Boston are probably gone for sure. How about Mintz and Saar coming back? I haven't been able to keep up as much this season. We finally got fully moved when the season was starting and have been trying to sort things out and repair a needier house than expected. So I am way behind.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

WVred,

Any thought on who comes back next year? Jackson and Boston are probably gone for sure. How about Mintz and Saar coming back? I haven't been able to keep up as much this season. We finally got fully moved when the season was starting and have been trying to sort things out and repair a needier house than expected. So I am way behind.
    Boston might be back from what I’ve been reading. Jackson is gone as he should be. Clarke will likely go even though he shouldn’t.

On the transfer market keep an eye on Auburns Justin Powell. He is a Kentucky native and a 6’6 sharpshooter, exactly what Kentucky needs going into next season. He reminds me of Sean McNeil, another Kentucky native who broke out big time this year for WVU.

14. Likes:

cumberlandreds (03-11-2021)

Kentucky loses to Florida which all but means they have to win the SEC Tournament to get in.

Looking ahead to next season though:

If Clarke, Boston, and Jackson leave:

Guards-Devin Askew, Nolan Hickman, Daivion Mintz, Skyy Clark

Wings- Jacob Toppin, CamRon Fletcher

Bigs- Olivier Sarr, Oscar Tshiebwe, Daimion Collins, Lance Ware, Bryce Hopkins, Keion Brooks

I can see some more attrition to the roster especially Fletcher and possibly up front but this may be the best front court in the nation next season.
    I had posted this a couple weeks ago but some changes:

Clark isn’t going to be able to reclassify. That said, I forgot Dontaie Allen.

There’s also the possibility of BJ Boston coming back and Justin Powell committing if offered. Still a lot of moving parts but I think this team could be significantly better barring major changes.

There’s also the possibility of BJ Boston coming back and Justin Powell committing if offered. Still a lot of moving parts but I think this team could be significantly better barring major changes.
    I just read about Powell the other day. I hope Cal is finally realizing you need good shooters as much or more than just good athletes. Its very hard to win today without good three point shooting.

UK's record of 9-16 is the worst percentage wise since the 1926-27 season in which they went 3-13. It was only the 2nd losing record in modern times. The other was Eddie Sutton's last season in 88-89. I still think that one was worse because of all the turmoil of NCCA sanctions looming over the program.

I hope Cal has finally learned you can't have a total changeover in roster and still be able to compete at a high level. They had done it before but its very risky otherwise and we saw it this year. Hopefully most of these guys will stay and with added good talent (And no COVID) they can back at a high level next season.

Just an added thought. I wonder how much effect losing Kenny Payne was to Cal and the program? I had always thought he played the good cop when someone got nto Cal's doghouse. Not to even say he was a very good coach.

- - - Updated - - -

I just read about Powell the other day. I hope Cal is finally realizing you need good shooters as much or more than just good athletes. Its very hard to win today without good three point shooting.

UK's record of 9-16 is the worst percentage wise since the 1926-27 season in which they went 3-13. It was only the 2nd losing record in modern times. The other was Eddie Sutton's last season in 88-89. I still think that one was worse because of all the turmoil of NCCA sanctions looming over the program.

I hope Cal has finally learned you can't have a total changeover in roster and still be able to compete at a high level. They had done it before but its very risky otherwise and we saw it this year. Hopefully most of these guys will stay and with added good talent (And no COVID) they can back at a high level next season.

Just an added thought. I wonder how much effect losing Kenny Payne was to Cal and the program? I had always thought he played the good cop when someone got nto Cal's doghouse. Not to even say he was a very good coach.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

It’s already started. Cam’Ron Fletcher enters the portal. Not a surprise after Cal sent him home midseason. Between him and Terrence Clarke it will be addition by subtraction.

Askew is coming back too. Another year should do him wonders.

18. Likes:

cumberlandreds (03-14-2021)

Turn Off Ads?