Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The 29 Man Roster

Re: The 29 Man Roster

because dietrich is a retread and did not play every day and is given much more leeway by this forum he did not win player of the month , he is a stiff at best , he does excel at hit by pitches

2. Turn Off Ads?

because he batted .187!!!!!!!!!!!! around the average of brad gulden, jerry zimmerman and hank foiles

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    because dietrich is a retread and did not play every day and is given much more leeway by this forum he did not win player of the month , he is a stiff at best , he does excel at hit by pitches
    He's a retread that has multiple seasons hitting above league average. In fact, he's had 2 seasons similar to Aquino's 2019 when you look at wRC+ and/or OPS+.

As far as having more leeway, it's all relative. You can question the offseason moves but, the bottom line is, the OF depth on this team is insane while the IF is a touch thin.

A voted upon award has very little relevance to me considering Dietrich was statistically better in May.

If you can't see that Dietrich is more than a cheerleader who can lean into pitches, then there is no chance of us finding middle ground.

5. Likes:

DocRed (03-29-2020),Edd Roush (03-29-2020),M2 (03-29-2020),OGB (03-29-2020),Old school 1983 (03-29-2020)

because he batted .187!!!!!!!!!!!! around the average of brad gulden, jerry zimmerman and hank foiles
    But he was great for a month! Seriously though, he had a bum shoulder that he went on the DL for in August, then ended his season and had surgery on in the offseason

wow you can spin .187 amazing perhaps you can tell us that the reds won the world series last year

.187. you should have worked for alf landon or george mcgovern

wow you can spin .187 amazing perhaps you can tell us that the reds won the world series last year

.187. you should have worked for alf landon or george mcgovern
    It's clear you are not interested in having a logical debate on this, so I'm going to step away

9. Likes:

DocRed (03-29-2020),Old school 1983 (03-29-2020)

.187 you win he is clearly a superior player,, thats right .187 I am quite logical a radiologist who graduated phi beta kappa from cornell and phi beta kappa from med school, yet I concede to the superior wisdom of someone who defends a .187 batter 13 points below the mendoza line,, why dont you form an all one hundred hitting infield, of kelly paris, neil fiala and terry lee

Unless they put a limit on pitchers. It will be 13 hitters and 16 pitchers. Extra three will all be pitchers.

12. Likes:

mth123 (03-29-2020)

.187 you win he is clearly a superior player,, thats right .187 I am quite logical a radiologist who graduated phi beta kappa from cornell and phi beta kappa from med school, yet I concede to the superior wisdom of someone who defends a .187 batter 13 points below the mendoza line,, why dont you form an all one hundred hitting infield, of kelly paris, neil fiala and terry lee
    Congrats on all your success

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    Unless they put a limit on pitchers. It will be 13 hitters and 16 pitchers. Extra three will all be pitchers.
    You are probably right about the extra 3 because there will most likely be no off days and lots of double headers. 29 seems like an opportunity to hang onto Payton a bit longer instead of giving that asset back to Oakland. But he may still not fit.

Did they explain OPS at any point in med school?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

16. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (03-29-2020),DocRed (03-29-2020),Old school 1983 (03-29-2020)

Probably gonna have keep a third catcher, if they schedule DH’s Barnsali will wear out quick.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

So by the time we start they should all be healthy. Here’s my guess at 29
    Castillo
    Bauer
    Gray
    Disco
    Miley
    Iggy
    Lorenzen
    Garrett
    Strop
    Stephenson
    Reed
    Sims
    Jones

Suarez
    Galvis
    Moose
    Votto
    Winker
    Senzel
    Castellanos
    Barnhart

Casali
    Shogo
    Ervin
    Farmer
    Dietrich

Mahle
    Raley
    Blandino

Raley because they need another left hand option and Reed could be shakey. Blandino because they need another SS to free up Farmer as a pinch hitter. Tough call to leave JVM out. I could easily see JVM instead of Blandino. Mahle because they really do need 6 starters to handle the double headers.

yes OPS is out patient surgery

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Probably gonna have keep a third catcher, if they schedule DH’s Barnsali will wear out quick.
    I think Farmer is fine in that role
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Turn Off Ads?