Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buster Onley in an interview

Re: Buster Onley in an interview

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I’m all for freak show baseball this year in light of the circumstances but I’ll want the real thing back next season.
    Edit to that, I want 9-inning baseball next year and six-month regular season. Yet it would be a good time to make whatever changes to the league structure and rules they were considering. It would give the league a novelty as it tries to woo everyone back.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Likes:

REDREAD (04-10-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Edit to that, I want 9-inning baseball next year and six-month regular season. Yet it would be a good time to make whatever changes to the league structure and rules they were considering. It would give the league a novelty as it tries to woo everyone back.
    Cough*roboump*Cough

5. Likes:

M2 (04-08-2020),REDREAD (04-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Cough*roboump*Cough
    They already said that will probably happen...to quote keep the umpire from having to get so close to everyone else....yeah ok
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by paulrichjr View Post
    They already said that will probably happen...to quote keep the umpire from having to get so close to everyone else....yeah ok
    Yeah, I saw that...but will they keep it?

Quote Originally Posted by SidneySlicker View Post
    He said they've been looking for a while to try and figure how to get games down into the 2hr/2hr15m range and that would get them there or a lot closer.
    They want 2 hour games ... so they actively look to sign/develop patient hitters who will work pitch counts and foul off pitches.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

9. Likes:

Crumbley (04-13-2020),paulrichjr (04-11-2020)

Let them change it, then rename whatever they change. Then let us keep "Baseball"

11. Likes:

Old school 1983 (04-10-2020)

7 innings......ok sure...BUT...hear me out on this........4 outs per inning! Instead of 27 outs per game we get 28. But games would be a quicker. Less changing sides, more offense, and closers' jobs just got a lot more stressful.

13. Likes:

REDREAD (04-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    I would be OK with 7 inning double headers for this year, as long as they are not separate admission games. No on any 7 inning games thereafter. Better to cut down the time between innings than clip the product.
    Agreed, I could handle 7 inning doubleheaders this year if it helps save this season.

If baseball would just enforce the "stalling" rules.. pitchers going off the mound, batters must stay in box, and a pitch clock--- the pace of the game would be a lot faster and more interesting. Oh yea, remove instant replay challenges for everything except whether a HR ball is fair or foul.

I have been a baseball fan my whole life, but even I struggle to pay attention when the game is on TV..
    It has become very slow, it's hard to just sit there and watch the whole thing. Normally I stream on Fox sports ohio, listen and if something cool happens, watch the replay. Now, of course, when you are at the ballpark and watching it live, the pace is less of an issue, but even live action would benefit from picking up the pace.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

15. Likes:

schmidty622 (04-10-2020)

COVID19 is creating a "reboot" mentality for people concerning many things. I don't think it's an adapt-or-die thing for baseball because baseball won't die, but it just might be an adapt-or-don't-thrive thing.

People are forced to 'relearn' many things right now, including how we spend our money. What will the new normal look like? Who knows...but it's not a bad idea to look at all options.

As has been mentioned already in this thread, if MLB is going to monkey with things...this is the perfect season to do so....if there is a season.

17. Likes:

Chip R (04-11-2020)

Turn Off Ads?