Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Thread Part 2

Re: COVID-19 Thread Part 2

Ohio’s new normal: Officials describe a hypervigilant, cautious future in coronavirus era
    COLUMBUS, Ohio —

“It’s going to be different,” Gov. Mike DeWine said Tuesday, referring to an ever-vigilant future for the state of Ohio.

The blunt reality is the coronavirus will linger until a vaccine is developed, the governor said, and it may be more than a year before the state and the nation return fully to normal.

During a Tuesday afternoon news conference on the spread of COVID-19 across the state, DeWine and top health officials described a new world in the era of coronavirus -- an era in which social distancing and wearing protective masks are the new norms."...

..."As we reopen Ohio, people will have to be very, very careful until we get a vaccine. You'll have to weigh benefit vs. risk. You will have to make sure you're wearing a mask when you go out, continue social distancing, etc. COVID-19 is not going away until we get a vaccine," the governor said.

That vaccine is likely 12 to 18 months away, DeWine said. The governor described a summer likely without large gatherings, saying that arenas and sporting venues will likely be the last to reopen."

https://www.wlwt.com/article/ohios-n...s-era/32146251

2. Turn Off Ads?

Sounds like we ain’t getting baseball, at least with crowds, this summer.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Sounds like we ain’t getting baseball, at least with crowds, this summer.
    Source?

These were forwarded to me in an email...

Half of us are going to come out of this quarantine as amazing cooks. The other half will come out with a drinking problem.

I used to spin that toilet paper like I was on Wheel of Fortune. Now I turn it like I'm cracking a safe.

I need to practice social-distancing from the refrigerator.

Still haven't decided where to go for Easter ----- The Living Room or The Bedroom

PSA: every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit. Pajamas will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.

Homeschooling is going well. 2 students suspended for fighting and 1 teacher fired for drinking on the job.

I don't think anyone expected that when we changed the clocks we'd go from Standard Time to the Twilight Zone

This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her cat. It was obvious she thought her cat understood her. I came into my house, told my dog..... we laughed a lot.

So, after this quarantine.....will the producers of My 600 Pound Life just find me or do I find them?

Quarantine Day 5: Went to this restaurant called THE KITCHEN. You have to gather all the ingredients and make your own meal. I have no clue how this place is still in business.

My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant lately that when I pee it cleans the toilet.

Day 5 of Homeschooling: One of these little monsters called in a bomb threat

I'm so excited --- it's time to take out the garbage. What should I wear?

I hope the weather is good tomorrow for my trip to Puerto Backyarda. I'm getting tired of Los Livingroom.

Classified Ad: Single man with toilet paper seeks woman with hand sanitizer for good clean fun.

Day 6 of Homeschooling: My child just said "I hope I don't have the same teacher next year".... I'm offended.

The maid called yesterday and we did a ZOOM home maintenance session. She talked me through vacuuming and making the beds. And she reduced her rate by 10%!"

6. Likes:

757690 (04-14-2020),Newport Red (04-15-2020),RFS62 (04-18-2020),Roy Tucker (04-14-2020),WrongVerb (04-14-2020)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Ohio’s new normal: Officials describe a hypervigilant, cautious future in coronavirus era
    COLUMBUS, Ohio —

“It’s going to be different,” Gov. Mike DeWine said Tuesday, referring to an ever-vigilant future for the state of Ohio.

The blunt reality is the coronavirus will linger until a vaccine is developed, the governor said, and it may be more than a year before the state and the nation return fully to normal.

During a Tuesday afternoon news conference on the spread of COVID-19 across the state, DeWine and top health officials described a new world in the era of coronavirus -- an era in which social distancing and wearing protective masks are the new norms."...

..."As we reopen Ohio, people will have to be very, very careful until we get a vaccine. You'll have to weigh benefit vs. risk. You will have to make sure you're wearing a mask when you go out, continue social distancing, etc. COVID-19 is not going away until we get a vaccine," the governor said.

That vaccine is likely 12 to 18 months away, DeWine said. The governor described a summer likely without large gatherings, saying that arenas and sporting venues will likely be the last to reopen."

https://www.wlwt.com/article/ohios-n...s-era/32146251
    Like I said before, if these people think I’m gonna continue to be “socially distant” for 12 to 18 months, they’re sorely mistaken.

8. Likes:

Rojo (04-14-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Source?
    Governor of California said he can’t envision having live sports this summer. Governor of Ohio said today “mass gatherings is the last box we will check off.”

10. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-14-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Like I said before, if these people think I’m gonna continue to be “socially distant” for 12 to 18 months, they’re sorely mistaken.
    People were getting together a lot over the last couple of years: yellow vests in France, Chile, Haiti, Iraq, Ecuador, Lebanon.

“mass gatherings is the last box we will check off.”
    I bet. It's called Martial Law.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    I bet. It's called Martial Law.
    I don’t think that’s what martial law is?

14. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-14-2020),Kinsm (04-14-2020),Redsfaithful (04-15-2020)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I hope you don't sorely regret your decision or that it effects anyone else.

16. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-14-2020),RedsfaninMT (04-15-2020)

I don’t think that’s what martial law is?
    For the record:

Martial law is the imposition of direct military control of normal civilian functions by a government

So yeah, it’s not martial law. Not even close.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

18. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-14-2020)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I hope you don't sorely regret your decision or that it effects anyone else.
    I won’t, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rdirtypirates View Post
    I know, why not give up every civil liberty we have? People have fought for these rights, it amazes me how easily people are willing to hand them over.
    I wasn't being sarcastic. Seriously. You can't have morons gathering together in mobs just because they are feeling a little pain or anger. BFD. So what if you lose a few civil liberties for a few months in order that fewer people will suffer and die in the long run. How can so many people be so self-centered and self-seeking not giving a rat's patooty about the suffering of the majority?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Right, we need toilet paper, so why not use the Bill of Rights?
    And, it's that kind of attitude why the United States is suffering a longer lockdown than they should have, why more have died from this than needed to, and why more will have suffered from this than will have needed to.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I won’t, thanks.
    I think you're a long time away from being able to state this one, man.

23. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-14-2020)

Turn Off Ads?