Thread: COVID-19 Thread Part 2

Re: COVID-19 Thread Part 2

Nm

2. Likes:

Sea Ray (04-14-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by jup View Post
    So now we are morons because we actually believe the constitution gives use "unalienable" rights.

Way to step on more than a few toes.
    I hope I crush their feet and break their bones.

Absolutely on the idiot, self-serving people who can't put aside for the good of all a few personal choices. Selfishness is all it is. Don't try to make it out to be some sort of patriotic ideal, because that has nothing to do with it. If you can't sacrifice a bit, you have no clue what it means to be patriotic.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

5. Likes:

ScotlandRed (04-14-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Governor of California said he can’t envision having live sports this summer. Governor of Ohio said today “mass gatherings is the last box we will check off.”
    Yeah, just saw that in an article in the SF paper

So much black and white in these debates... grey is a color too.

I have faith in science and humanity, I think this can be beaten and I think life can go on.

Sooner than later and not tomorrow

8. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (04-15-2020),kaldaniels (04-14-2020),Kingspoint (04-14-2020),Larkin Fan (04-14-2020),Rdirtypirates (04-14-2020),Redsfaithful (04-15-2020),Wonderful Monds (04-14-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I wasn't being sarcastic. Seriously. You can't have morons gathering together in mobs just because they are feeling a little pain or anger. BFD. So what if you lose a few civil liberties for a few months in order that fewer people will suffer and die in the long run. How can so many people be so self-centered and self-seeking not giving a rat's patooty about the suffering of the majority?
    That is the start of a democracy crumbling if people keep giving up their natural born rights. Who said no one cares about peoples suffering? What, you don't care about the people who are losing everything they have worked their whole life for, the people that haven't had a check for a month, the people who are suffering in isolation. Everyone is suffering, but this is not gonna go on past June 1. Society wont allow it because it is unconstitutional, at a certain point the majority of people will wise up.

I hope I crush their feet and break their bones.

Absolutely on the idiot, self-serving people who can't put aside for the good of all a few personal choices. Selfishness is all it is. Don't try to make it out to be some sort of patriotic ideal, because that has nothing to do with it. If you can't sacrifice a bit, you have no clue what it means to be patriotic.
    You obviously have no understanding of what America was built on. People have gave up these liberties for now, but at a certain point you gotta live your life. There are ways, the people in charge just need to make a plan.

And, it's that kind of attitude why the United States is suffering a longer lockdown than they should have, why more have died from this than needed to, and why more will have suffered from this than will have needed to.
    Yes, the attitude that doesn't see the parenthetical "(when it's convenient to the government)" at the end of the Bill of Rights.

Concerning rights:

We all enter into a social contract by being a part of society. That contract is centered on individuals ceding basic rights to the government in order to live a better life overall, and to maintain a better society.

What rights are ceded, when and why is a healthy debate. But in this country’s history, and in every country’s history, citizens have temporarily given up certain basic rights in a time of crises, in order to do what is best for society as a whole.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by Rdirtypirates View Post
    You obviously have no understanding of what America was built on. People have gave up these liberties for now, but at a certain point you gotta live your life. There are ways, the people in charge just need to make a plan.
    You would lose 100 times out of 100 on any debate on anything with me. Go away.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Yes, the attitude that doesn't see the parenthetical "(when it's convenient to the government)" at the end of the Bill of Rights.
    What laws have congress passed that violate anything in the Bill of Rights?
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

You would lose 100 times out of 100 on any debate on anything with me. Go away.
    Good point, but maybe this is 101.

I wasn't being sarcastic. Seriously. You can't have morons gathering together in mobs just because they are feeling a little pain or anger. BFD. So what if you lose a few civil liberties for a few months in order that fewer people will suffer and die in the long run. How can so many people be so self-centered and self-seeking not giving a rat's patooty about the suffering of the majority?
    Suffering of the majority ?????

So all the people suffering hardships because of the stay at home orders are now the minority and those that have the virus are the majority. Boy this virus is far more contagious and invasive than anyone has even considered.

I am not trying to equivalate peoples lives with economics. But for you to diminish the true hardships that are happening by the destruction of peoples lives due to the loss of their jobs and therefore ability to sustain their lives with self centeredness is repulsive. People losing their business that throw theirs (their families) and all their employees lives into tatters are real and discounting those lives as "self centered" by sweeping statements is the same hypocrisy that you are decrying.

17. Likes:

Gunner44 (04-14-2020),Sea Ray (04-14-2020)

Children, let the adults speak, please.

As westofyou said, it's not black and white. It's gray. Any adult has heard this coming from the experts (not Trump). Nobody is taking away anyone's civil liberties, children. You can go out and play when we reach a point where we know what the body count is going to be. There might be some restrictions while you play with your friends so we can keep the body count down in the long run. In the meantime, watch some more Mr. Rogers, and wait for the announcements, which will occur soon, by June, but it will vary state by state, country by country, and please....try to behave responsibly and adhere to the "suggestions" by those who know better than apparently you do.

Quote Originally Posted by jup View Post
    Suffering of the majority ?????

So all the people suffering hardships because of the stay at home orders are now the minority and those that have the virus are the majority. Boy this virus is far more contagious and invasive than anyone has even considered.

I am not trying to equivalate peoples lives with economics. But for you to diminish the true hardships that are happening by the destruction of peoples lives due to the loss of their jobs and therefore ability to sustain their lives with self centeredness is repulsive. People losing their business that throw theirs (their families) and all their employees lives into tatters are real and discounting those lives as "self centered" by sweeping statements is the same hypocrisy that you are decrying.
    How's your grandma and grandpa? Given them a call lately?

This is all about equating people's lives with the economy. This is the only debate. As I mentioned four weeks ago, the dying of the elderly actually helps the economy. The government employees who make this call know this. The error won't be on the side of too few people dying. It will be on the side of too many dying.

This is why there can't be a 2nd lockdown. The economy couldn't take it. Many will have to suffer economically in the meantime so that fewer die while we are still in the first lockdown. The hard part has happened. Governments have gone into further debt to pay for this that they won't come out of for the next 10 years. "Restrictions", not a loss of civil liberties for you children who think you have any understanding whatsoever about laws, constitutions and personal rights, must remain in place as we go through this. Inconvenient? Sure. Depressing? Sure. Costly? Sure. Deadly? For some. But, it's a matter of picking the best of bad choices and lifting the stay-at-home suggestion is not a good choice right now. As Fauci repeatedly states, "May 1st is a good time to reassess everything".
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 04-14-2020 at 09:36 PM.

Children, let the adults speak, please.

As westofyou said, it's not black and white. It's gray. Any adult has heard this coming from the experts (not Trump). Nobody is taking away anyone's civil liberties, children. You can go out and play when we reach a point where we know what the body count is going to be. There might be some restrictions while you play with your friends so we can keep the body count down in the long run. In the meantime, watch some more Mr. Rogers, and wait for the announcements, which will occur soon, by June, but it will vary state by state, country by country, and please....try to behave responsibly and adhere to the "suggestions" by those who know better than apparently you do.
    This sounds like the rantings of a lunatic who has no clue what they are talking about. I am going away on this one as you suggested because obviously one of is is behaving like a child.

Turn Off Ads?