Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Ohio HS sports cancelled for Spring 2020

Ohio HS sports cancelled for Spring 2020

Coronavirus: Here's what the OHSAA said about canceling spring high school sports season
    JAMES WEBER | CINCINNATI ENQUIRER
    11:10 a.m. EDT Apr. 21, 2020

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...on/2995855001/
    Last edited by North; 04-21-2020 at 12:47 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ohio HS sports cancelled for Spring 2021

2020, not 2021. Man, I thought that was crazy when I read the title!

Can't believe it took so long to cancel spring sports, honestly.

Re: Ohio HS sports cancelled for Spring 2020

Oops!...title corrected.

Feel so bad for the kids, especially the seniors. I had so much fun my senior season of tennis, and it was really that season that led to me keeping it up as a hobby as an adult. It's not an understatement to say if it hadn't happened, my life would have been pretty different.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

6. Likes:

North (04-21-2020)

I would have been devastated to lose my senior season of baseball. I played at Louisville St. X, which has 1300 boys, so unless you're an absolute stud, you don't get much playing time until you're a senior. I was NOT an absolute stud by any stretch, so I basically would have missed my entire varsity career. After 14 years of playing the game, it would have really sucked to miss out on the pinnacle of it.

8. Likes:

North (04-21-2020),Redsfaithful (04-21-2020),redsfanmia (04-21-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Feel so bad for the kids, especially the seniors. I had so much fun my senior season of tennis, and it was really that season that led to me keeping it up as a hobby as an adult. It's not an understatement to say if it hadn't happened, my life would have been pretty different.
    My daughter is a Senior, and is the captain of the schools competitive dance team. She is crushed because their big annual regional competition in May has been cancelled. This was the year that she was going to lead to team out, accept the awards, etc. etc. On top of that, prom, skip day, senior breakfast, standard June graduation.....it is a lot. I have told her that I think there will be a slight silver lining in that I think the class of 2020 across the country will always have a special bond....they will be attracted to each other as they will know the uniqueness of each other being the only ones that truly understand. I honestly think that will create relationships and possibly open all types of doors in life, especially for the initial 10-20 years of adulthood. I recall always feeling that link with people I met that graduated in the same year as myself...because it kind of goes without saying the events and popular items that kind of shaped their school years. I think the class of 2020 will be that on steroids.

10. Likes:

North (04-21-2020),Redsfaithful (04-21-2020)

Turn Off Ads?