Turn Off Ads?
Page 36 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals Thread Part 2: The Joe Burrow Era is Almost Here!

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals Thread Part 2: The Joe Burrow Era is Almost Here!

Not trying to make this political but I’m sure Bob Sheed would enjoy this.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Likes:

Benihana (07-16-2020),Big Red Smokey (07-28-2020),Bob Sheed (07-15-2020),Kingspoint (07-14-2020),Rdirtypirates (07-14-2020),ScotlandRed (07-22-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post

Not trying to make this political but I’m sure Bob Sheed would enjoy this.
    Nothing political here. Just more from the bizarro world of Bobby Hart being employed by the Bengals.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Nothing political here. Just more from the bizarro world of Bobby Hart being employed by the Bengals.
    Him and Jim Turner are cut from the same ass cloth.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

6. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-15-2020)

More photo evidence of the fact that Jonah Williams appears to have put in significant work on his upper body during his red shirt year and this off-season. I don't recall him being nearly that well sculpted when he was drafted:

https://twitter.com/LndsPatterson/st...38819079163904
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    More photo evidence of the fact that Jonah Williams appears to have put in significant work on his upper body during his red shirt year and this off-season. I don't recall him being nearly that well sculpted when he was drafted:

https://twitter.com/LndsPatterson/st...38819079163904
    I would hope so. Anything less and he should be considered lazy and unmotivated. He's supposed to be a professional now. He's had all the time in the world and he's a very young man whose body is still growing into a man's.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I would hope so. Anything less and he should be considered lazy and unmotivated. He's supposed to be a professional now. He's had all the time in the world and he's a very young man whose body is still growing into a man's.
    He did the right thing working out with Joe Staley...it's one thing to be a pro but having a pro teach you who has been in the trenches is what I like about his offseason.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

10. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    He did the right thing working out with Joe Staley...it's one thing to be a pro but having a pro teach you who has been in the trenches is what I like about his offseason.
    That's highly commendable.

Green’s on board and the rookies report tomorrow for covid tests.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

13. Likes:

Boss-Hog (07-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Green’s on board and the rookies report tomorrow for covid tests.
    Dummies!

Burrow and Higgins signed.

Trae Waynes injured pec out 2 months....

Getting second opinion

Bengals luckily have depth at CB
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Trae Waynes injured pec out 2 months....

Getting second opinion

Bengals luckily have depth at CB
    Doubt if the season begins on time, so he could be back for the 1st game.

Mmmmmmmm:

Dan Hoard
    @Dan_Hoard
    Sizzling hot take from watching Joe Burrow at practice for the first time: His ball placement is as advertised. Hits receivers in stride with their arms slightly extended on throw after throw. Much more to come in our live #Bengals training camp report at 1:00

19. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (08-13-2020),RiverRat13 (08-14-2020)

FWIW, the NFL is lying about their COVID testing numbers even more than they lied about their knowledge of CTE.

It's a joke that people are even considering that NFL games should be played or are even glad that the NFL is going to try to play these games.

At least the PAC-12 and Big-10 got it right. It's not about whether or not the players are safe from COVID. It's all about how likely is it that they will spread COVID throughout their communities and infect someone who infects someone who is vulnerable (also fwiw, people under 30 are testing positive more than people over 50 in Oregon, while children under 10 are testing positive more than people over 80 in Oregon).

That said, as long as public officials have turned this into a political issue since the get-go by encouraging these protests, focusing on shutting down the economy instead of focusing on protecting the vulnerable, and spending every dollar of the COVID relief money on personal agenda programs instead of COVID relief, I feel 100% committed that everything should be open 100%. Can't have it both ways. Either protect the vulnerable 100% or open everything up 100%.

21. Likes:

Tony Cloninger (08-13-2020)

Turn Off Ads?