Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals Thread Part 2: The Joe Burrow Era is Almost Here!

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals Thread Part 2: The Joe Burrow Era is Almost Here!

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Jones would be an immediate starter

Jonah Williams
    Michael Jordan
    Hopkins
    Jones
    Johnson or Hart

This line is serviceable for a rookie QB who can move.

If not go the upside with Mims
    I am fine with trading back if there are a bunch of players you like all equal on your board. But there becomes a point where trading back isn't worth it. Lets say you trade from 33 to 38 and get a 4th rounder. If Jones is an immediate starter, that 4th rounder may never amount to anything.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Bengals Eyeing Mims, Blacklock At No. 33?

The Bengals, who hold the first pick in the second round, are high on wide receiver Denzel Mims and defensive tackle Ross Blacklock, Ian Rapoport of NFL.com (on Twitter) hears.

Rapoport also notes several teams looking to move up/down in the order. The Jets, Jaguars, and Falcons are among the clubs interested in making a leap. Potential trade partners include the Colts (No. 34) and Dolphins (No. 39), who are willing to listen on offers to move back.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Rapaport tweeted just a few minutes ago that the Bengals reported to like Mims or DL Blacklock at 33...

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1253735544963633154
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

I could make a deal with any of the three teams looking to move up.

It'd take their 2nd and 3rd round picks for the 33rd.

(This assumes the Bengals are after a WR.)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

TDN on...

Mims
    Blacklock
    Jones
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Unless you think Blacklock is special, I don't see why you draft him here after you committed a ton of money in FA into DT. If you go D in the 2nd round you have to hit, especially with a starting OL guy there.

Not-so-crazy prediction - The Bengals take Mims at 33.

Crazy prediction - Jones is there at 65 and the Bengals pass on him again.

I wouldn't hate the Blacklock pick. Geno is 32. The team has already talked about cutting back his snaps. I don't see them sniffing the playoffs this year and by the time they'd be ready to contend for the AFC North again ('22 at the earliest) Geno would be 34. Plus they like multiple fronts, so I think you'd see Blacklock, Geno and Reader all on the field a decent amount of time.

Lapham says the Bengals are trying to hard to trade back about 6 or 7 spots

10. Likes:

RiverRat13 (04-24-2020)

The Bengals lost 8 games last year by 8 points or less, will have an easier schedule this year (if football is played), and can't possibly be as injured as they were in 2019.

I think they'll be in the mix and should act accordingly. Not in a way that would cost themselves in 2021 or 2022, but a playoff run is valuable experience for Burrow.

Does everyone remember the injuries last year? It was a brutal year, so many key players missing huge chunks: https://www.pro-football-reference.c...9_injuries.htm

So bad I didn't even remember some of it, and I paid attention all year. I forgot that Drew Sample missed half the season, Auden Tate missed the last few games after breaking out a little bit, Dre Kirkpatrick missed most of the year, Dunlap missed a couple of games. And then obviously all the ones I did remember, AJ missing the year, Cordy Glenn, Dennard missed half the year, the #1 pick missed the year.

Compare to 2018: https://www.pro-football-reference.c...8_injuries.htm

Or 2017: https://www.pro-football-reference.c...7_injuries.htm

I think if they go back to average health (not guaranteed of course), they get contributions from this draft immediately (a big if), and the free agents aren't busts there's no reason why they can't hang out around .500 and wild card range all year.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

If Burrow put up Kyler Murray 2019 numbers: https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../gamelog/2019/

What's the Bengals record?

Arizona went 5-10-1, call it 6 wins for purposes of discussion, couldn't the Bengals be 2-3 games better outside of the QB position than 2019 Arizona? I could be delusional, but it's that time of year.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

IF it's Denzel Mims, he's an absolute monster at WR - 6'3" 207 and a 4.39 40.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    If Burrow put up Kyler Murray 2019 numbers: https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../gamelog/2019/

What's the Bengals record?

Arizona went 5-10-1, call it 6 wins for purposes of discussion, couldn't the Bengals be 2-3 games better outside of the QB position than 2019 Arizona? I could be delusional, but it's that time of year.
    Yes.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Schefter just said the Bengals are not moving and will pick here

Bengals standing pat at 33 will not trade back per ESPN

- - - Updated - - -

Brace for impact!
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Come on down, Denzel.

I just went and looked up AJ Green's NFL combine profile - he and Mims are dead ringers for measurables and speed.

Turn Off Ads?