Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals Thread Part 2: The Joe Burrow Era is Almost Here!

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals Thread Part 2: The Joe Burrow Era is Almost Here!

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I say Rt 50 from Athens to Cincinnati
    Joe doesn't go the slow way.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Been kinda enjoyable to dunk on Florio today on twitter.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

OK I'm not a big fan of mock drafts, but I do them in order to be familiar with the players available. I went ahead with a PFF mock and this was the result. Note I passed on Becton at the top of the 2nd round to trade down.

Attachment 16000
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Note I passed on Becton at the top of the 2nd round to trade down.
    I'd be livid if the Bengals did that for real.

Becton is one of the top tackles in the draft.

His upside is of a perennial All-Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post

I’m thinking he could possibly slide now with the drug test and the Bengals would be the team to take him.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post

Yeah I passed because I don't think he'd actually be there.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    OK I'm not a big fan of mock drafts, but I do them in order to be familiar with the players available. I went ahead with a PFF mock and this was the result. Note I passed on Becton at the top of the 2nd round to trade down.

Attachment 16000
    Beware the PFF mock tends to slide players a lot if they don’t fit PFFs idea of a high value position - so if you are trying to get a sense of who might be available - may want to run some on TDN as well. The linebackers going that late seems unlikely. And for sure Prince Tega isn’t a late 4th rounder...
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Really gonna be fun watching round 1 unfold and having 21 hours to contemplate who is available at 33 and if trading back would make sense. Anyone got any predictions for a surprise first round pick that isn't generally talked about as a first round pick? How about this - Clyde Edwards Helaire 32 to the Chiefs. Dear lord he would be devastating in that offense and with Mahomes...

It has been enjoyable watching the narratives from Dan Patrick Show and PFT and others with regard to Burrow and the Bengals die on the vine the last few days.

11. Likes:

Hoosier Red (04-24-2020)

Can't say I'll watch any of the draft, but super hyped about Burrow becoming a Bengal.

Still looks like a patchwork line though, even with Williams returning.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

13. Likes:

North (04-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Really gonna be fun watching round 1 unfold and having 21 hours to contemplate who is available at 33 and if trading back would make sense. Anyone got any predictions for a surprise first round pick that isn't generally talked about as a first round pick? How about this - Clyde Edwards Helaire 32 to the Chiefs. Dear lord he would be devastating in that offense and with Mahomes...
    Lloyd Cushenberry. I mocked him to the Patriots.

Should be a 2nd or 3rd round pick but I could see Seattle or New England taking him and nobody questioning it.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Should be a 2nd or 3rd round pick but I could see Seattle or New England taking him and nobody questioning it.
    That's a fun guess. Could see that.

- - - Updated - - -

@diannaESPN

How much do the Bengals like Joe Burrow? While they got a few calls from teams looking to trade up, back in Feb. & March, at this point they are not even pretending to entertain offers. As one source put it “we could just turn our ringers off on our phones” in regards to a trade

@diannaESPN Even though everyone including Joe Burrow can connect the dots, sources say the Bengals want to wait until they are on the clock to make it official with Burrow. Cincy wants to give the #1 overall pick that moment to get the call from the team on draft night. #Bengals
    \

That's pretty cool, actually, for them to give him that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Can't say I'll watch any of the draft, but super hyped about Burrow becoming a Bengal.

Still looks like a patchwork line though, even with Williams returning.
    I really hope they get a G/T type in round 2 or 3. Especially one who has done that on the right. I wish Isaiah Wilson hadn't gotten such late helium - he was ideal for that spot somewhere in two for quite awhile...

18. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (04-23-2020)

PFF said three people to avoid, as in way overrated by the amateurs..

Becton, Cushenberry and Austin Jackson.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?