Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 68 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals Thread Part 2: The Joe Burrow Era is Almost Here!

2020 Cincinnati Bengals Thread Part 2: The Joe Burrow Era is Almost Here!

The other two Bengals threads are near the 1,000 post threshold so I figured I’d start this one for the draft and after.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Likes:

North (04-22-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals Thread Part 2: The Joe Burrow Era is Almost Here!

So in the previous thread I predicted the Bengals would make the mistake of not drafting (or drafting and trading) Joe Burrow. Based on the moves this off season and the pre- draft chatter, I'm withdrawing that prediction. The Bengals will draft and keep Burrow, and that is definitely the right move for them.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Stoked for the Burrow era. The excitement about his arrival gives me something to distract me in these times as well.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

6. Likes:

Boss-Hog (04-21-2020),membengal (04-22-2020),Redsfaithful (04-22-2020),WVRed (04-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Stoked for the Burrow era. The excitement about his arrival gives me something to distract me in these times as well.
    Me too. I can’t wait. If you have a great franchise QB, your floor is still pretty high. And everything doesn’t have to be perfect to make the playoffs. Both of those facts make Mike Brown really really happy. And fans like me.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

8. Likes:

RedEye (05-06-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    I'm treating Thursday night like a Super Bowl party. Food, my kids will watch, Zoom with some family/friends for a bit.

I truly believe the franchise wins it's first Super Bowl the instant they take him. Burrow is that special - he'll get them there.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

10. Likes:

membengal (04-22-2020),paintmered (04-22-2020),RedEye (05-06-2020),Redhook (04-22-2020)

Given I’ve been stanning for Burrow since November and originally was flying to Vegas to see it in person, you all know how giddy I am.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I'm treating Thursday night like a Super Bowl party. Food, my kids will watch, Zoom with some family/friends for a bit.

I truly believe the franchise wins it's first Super Bowl the instant they take him. Burrow is that special - he'll get them there.
    I think at the very least they break the playoff streak. I do agree with Manning that he’ll struggle his rookie season but after 2-3 years it should peak. Anything else is gravy.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Given I’ve been stanning for Burrow since November and originally was flying to Vegas to see it in person, you all know how giddy I am.
    I was talking to a friend yesterday about the luck of the Reds and the Bengals. The Reds finally have a good squad then shutdown. The Bengals have the first pick and the Vegas draft is cancelled. And, we don’t have to bring up either team’s history. I remember you and SeaRay mentioning that you’re going to the draft, but there was a little risk involved. Could the Bengals possibly mess up the #1 pick and the draft? Incredibly, something else has.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I was talking to a friend yesterday about the luck of the Reds and the Bengals. The Reds finally have a good squad then shutdown. The Bengals have the first pick and the Vegas draft is cancelled. And, we don’t have to bring up either team’s history. I remember you and SeaRay mentioning that you’re going to the draft, but there was a little risk involved. Could the Bengals possibly mess up the #1 pick and the draft? Incredibly, something else has.
    Seriously, I should have figured - "yeah, plague" as the alternative to the Bengals doing the right thing and staying steadfast on taking Burrow...
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Source: Bengals have informed Joe Burrow he’s their pick

Heisman-winning quarterback and national champion Joe Burrow will be the No. 1 overall pick by the Bengals on Thursday night, a source told FOX19 Now.

That same source close to the situation said the Bengals informed Burrow of their intent to make him their top pick during extended conversations in recent weeks.

“We talked to a lot of guys, but certainly formed a really good relationship with Joe, and have been really impressed with everything we’ve seen from him," said Bengals head coach Zac Taylor on ESPN Wednesday morning.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

In case people even think there is the slightest chance of Burrow not being a Bengal, he has been informed that he is there pick.

https://www.fox19.com/2020/04/22/sou...es-their-pick/

It's on like donkey kong. I love you all. Even Gack.

Jeremy Rauch
    @FOX19Jeremy
    From a reliable source: the #Bengals have informed Joe Burrow that he will be their No. 1 overall pick on Thursday.

More info coming shortly...
    @fox19

18. Likes:

Redsfaithful (04-22-2020)

Is it too soon to rename St. Rt. 32 as "The Joe Burrow Highway"?
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

20. Likes:

Redsfaithful (04-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    I am gonna go with...no. Let's do that.

Will raise a glass and celebrate with you all virtually tomorrow night - we deserve some happiness as a fanbase wherever we can find it. Appreciate the chance to celebrate with my fellow bengals fan friends some good news.

22. Likes:

paintmered (04-22-2020),Redsfaithful (04-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    I say Rt 50 from Athens to Cincinnati

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turn Off Ads?