Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals Thread Part 2: The Joe Burrow Era is Almost Here!

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals Thread Part 2: The Joe Burrow Era is Almost Here!

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    There's a ton of OL on the board at 107 without having to trade up if that's where they want to go. I also note James Lynch is there - and he's a REALLY good DL.
    Of the next "top-50" available players, Lynch is the only one from this group they had a meeting with at the combine. Of this group, only one, Gilman - S, is the only one they had a Virtual meeting with (as of two days ago reported by walter football sources). Of this group, at least a dozen of them were at the Senior Bowl. If they can turn their pick into two 4th Rd picks (theirs and a 7th for two 4th's, for example), then they could take two players they like whom they have gotten to know well.

With Fromm and Eason both available, the offer could get made.

BTW, Senior Bowl and East/West Bowl players have gone ahead of their projected spots, consistently.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 04-25-2020 at 12:53 AM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Azur Kamara - DL, was both a Senior Bowl South member and had a Virtual visit with the Bengals, as was Robert Windsor - ED, and Earl Weaver - LB, except Weaver was on the North squad.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Bengals could go a bunch of different ways in the 4th so many guys they like are available. I really think they hit the line on both sides of the ball at 4 and 5 and then fill depth.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Yep

I wanted O-Line, especially tackle, in FA or the draft but at this point, take the highest ranked guy at just about any position (not QB or kicker) and it can help the team. They stull need more LBs and a CB for the future would make sense

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Bengals could go a bunch of different ways in the 4th so many guys they like are available. I really think they hit the line on both sides of the ball at 4 and 5 and then fill depth.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I wouldn't take a CB this late with the expectation of developing him into a top flight player. I wouldn't mind Weaver or Lynch, but I'd prefer OL in the fourth round.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Benglas 4th round pick

Akeem Davis-Gaither LB Appalachian State

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/akeem-...b-eb231ca69181

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Yep

I wanted O-Line, especially tackle, in FA or the draft but at this point, take the highest ranked guy at just about any position (not QB or kicker) and it can help the team. They stull need more LBs and a CB for the future would make sense
    The 4th round still has some really good guys available. Saadiq Charles is a monster tackle from LSU (when right). Trey Adams out of UW is big and athletic. Nearly all the interior linemen are still available. I'd have zero issue with one of those guys here. Would love the Bengals to grab a couple big old hogs, including at least one who profiles as an elite guard or center. (Those remain the most underrated positions in which to improve a team. Good teams have a good pulling guard or two quality interior linemen. The Bengals have... one. Maybe?)

One guy who should be picked early (and could start in Cincinnati) is OLB Troy Dye, from Oregon. He's good against the run and the pass and already an exceptional value pick at #147. Another LB I like is Akeem Davis-Gaither, from Appy State. He's an athlete and, if nothing else, should dominate special teams. (And those guys are hugely important.)

If they're going defensive back, Amik Robertson is highly ranked, but short. He can hit and pick off passes (14 career INT) and cover man-to-man or zone. UV's Bryce Hall is taller and just as fast and capable. Either would be fine additions at this point.

Double-dipping the WR spot with KJ Hill is an idea many have supported. KJ Hill is undersized and lacks deep speed, but is a tough runner who breaks tackles. As a fourth receiver, he's a solid choice. (That said, I'd honestly prefer Austin Mack as a pro prospect and think he'll be available in the 6th round. I think it's better to hold that powder at this point.)

RB LaMical Perine would be a nice value pick this deep in the draft. He's big and tough and can catch out of the backfield. He's a willing blocker too and big enough to engage and stay engaged. He's used to the wars, coming from Florida. As a change of pace back behind Mixon, he's good value. (And, I suspect, would be a good special teams guy too.)

9. Likes:

UKFlounder (04-25-2020)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

LB depth is good. I was hoping they'd come out of this draft with two.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

11. Likes:

UKFlounder (04-25-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    LB depth is good. I was hoping they'd come out of this draft with two.
    Athletic linebackers too guys who can tackle and cover...we all are tired of seeing Lamar the Star highlights against us.

13. Likes:

Redhook (04-25-2020),Reds Fanatic (04-25-2020)

Finally, they’re taking LB seriously. Love this pick. The only major weakness is OL now. Obviously, it’s very important and should’ve been addressed more in FA, but overall, the team is vastly improved.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

15. Likes:

UKFlounder (04-25-2020)

I double-dipped at LB in most of the mocks I did - but never came away with Wilson and ADG - can't believe they were able to score both. LB room totally overhauled.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Finally, they’re taking LB seriously. Love this pick. The only major weakness is OL now. Obviously, it’s very important and should’ve been addressed more in FA, but overall, the team is vastly improved.
    I know we don't believe it - but the Bengals are clearly comfortable with the improvement the line made last half of last year - and adding in Jonah Williams and Sua-Fila at LT and RG and letting Hart and Fred Johnson battle it out that they are going to be fine. We shall see. Really, after Isaiah Wilson went at end of first round, not sure that there was someone left who would immediately be a starter anyway...
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

2020 Cincinnati Bengals Thread Part 2: The Joe Burrow Era is Almost Here!

ADG reportedly has bone-on-bone in one knee.

I know we don't believe it - but the Bengals are clearly comfortable with the improvement the line made last half of last year - and adding in Jonah Williams and Sua-Fila at LT and RG and letting Hart and Fred Johnson battle it out that they are going to be fine. We shall see. Really, after Isaiah Wilson went at end of first round, not sure that there was someone left who would immediately be a starter anyway...
    Lap said they loved Johnson...they could take a developmental guy at 5 you can always find good lineman in the later rounds would like more depth on both lines.

The amount of blowback from not really addressing the line is gonna be dangerous. Depth-wise, it's still a very scary depth chart.

Turn Off Ads?