Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals Thread Part 2: The Joe Burrow Era is Almost Here!

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals Thread Part 2: The Joe Burrow Era is Almost Here!

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    ADG reportedly has bone-on-bone in one knee.
    Akeem Davis-Gaither’s knee “basically bone on bone” and he played through stress fracture in 2019
    Davis-Gaither has a world of potential, but his medical concerns led to him falling into Day 3.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/4/2...aft-picks-2020

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I 100% understand what you're saying. I agree with everything Dehner is saying.

I'm just saying it makes absolutely ZERO sense to try and not upgrade the one position that protects your franchise QB!!!!
    I think the course of action they took will result in more wins in ‘20 than investing in the Oline. But I agree with you that I would have rather invested in the Oline because you have a brand new franchise QB. We’ll have to hope that the staff is right in believing the Oline will improve from within.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    C, C, C-, C, B-

So, they avoided absolutely sucking the last five games. That's no reason to at least not address the interior of the Line rather than grab D-Linemen who will never see the field the next two seasons.
    I think those are actually better grades than that on PFF's scale...
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I can only tell you what I have read and cited previously they are high on Johnson...and I think they wanted to address a historically bad defense. Burrow I think will avoid many of the sacks Dalton found himself in too.

What keeps this draft from being a solid A is not addressing the line, overall I think they have done well, wish they had multiple picks though.
    Who in God's name does not address an OL because Fred Johnson played only 2 full games? ANd against two horrid DL? Please, for the love of God, do not tell me they believe in Fred Johnson. At least stroll out that they believe in Bobby Hart. He has more of a track record.

6. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-25-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Akeem Davis-Gaither’s knee “basically bone on bone” and he played through stress fracture in 2019
    Davis-Gaither has a world of potential, but his medical concerns led to him falling into Day 3.

That's literally just Cincy Jungle showing the same tweet. It isn't a second source, it's the same source. Either those two dallas radio guys had a major scoop or the cowboys were trying to get ADG to fall to them.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Who in God's name does not address an OL because Fred Johnson played only 2 full games? ANd against two horrid DL? Please, for the love of God, do not tell me they believe in Fred Johnson. At least stroll out that they believe in Bobby Hart. He has more of a track record.
    The Steelers believed in him. Johnson is huge with prototypical RT size - 6'7" - 34 inch arms - was late to playing football and is still on the upside of a learning curve. He's just this year starting his third year in the pros and won't turn 23 until June . Are you REALLY ready to say he sucks? Because guys like him sometimes develop. Look to Villanueva with the Steelers, an UDFA who is now a pro bowler. It happens.

9. Likes:

North (04-25-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    The Steelers believed in him. J
    "The Steelers believed in him. . . .except for the time they cut him." Let me also add that he never dressed in Pittsburgh.

Am I being Punk'd?
    Last edited by Todd Gack; 04-25-2020 at 03:06 PM.

That's literally just Cincy Jungle showing the same tweet. It isn't a second source, it's the same source. Either those two dallas radio guys had a major scoop or the cowboys were trying to get ADG to fall to them.
    Well, the article implied he should have been drafted higher. And (sadly) there is plenty of history with the Bengals drafting injured players because they think they scored a bargain.

I think those are actually better grades than that on PFF's scale...
    No, they aren't. You're just used to seeing Bengals' O-Linemen consistently rank in the 50's and 60's, which are 'F''s and 'D''s, so you think 'C''s are 'B''s and 'B''s are 'A''s, which they aren't.

Participation Trophies don't work in the NFL.

Can't justify not addressing the interior of the Offensive Line no matter how hard you try.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 04-25-2020 at 03:08 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

No kidding. Any team that believes in Bobby Hart, and this is a team that did and does, there is something fundamentally flawed in their thinking.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Nothing on TDN about any medical issue: https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/a...her/dcTgGF2o24

NFL also has nothing about any medical issue with ADG: https://www.nfl.com/prospects/akeem-...b-eb231ca69181
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post

And he's supposed to get snaps over who?

2 picks left. What are the odds one of 'em is a RB?

I've said for two months that they should address OT with the 1st Rd next season, but getting interior Line help on Offense was an absolute must. There still is a veteran Tackle available better than any player on the entire Bengals' Line they could sign for one season.

Did some of you think this draft would turn a 2-14 team into a 14-2 team? Weird response!

It looks to me like they've picked up 3 starters and a quality LB coverage guy / special teams star through 4.

Nobody upset about the offensive line seems willing to engage with the fact that there was probably nobody at 33 who was going to start this year. I'd rather have had Higgins for sure - you're losing Green and Ross after this year. I don't want Burrow going through the early part of his career with mediocre receivers. People talk about Luck and the offensive line - he never had enough talent at WR either. And look at how good he made the very average TY Hilton look anyway.

Burrow with the line the Bengals had in the 2nd half last year would be fine, and there's no reason not to think they won't be upgraded from that at LT.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

19. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (04-25-2020),membengal (04-25-2020),WVRed (04-25-2020)

Turn Off Ads?