Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals Thread Part 2: The Joe Burrow Era is Almost Here!

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals Thread Part 2: The Joe Burrow Era is Almost Here!

Prince Tega Wanogho was taken just a few picks before the Bengals last pick.

2. Turn Off Ads?

2020 Cincinnati Bengals Thread Part 2: The Joe Burrow Era is Almost Here!

Bengals 7th round pick:

Markus Bailey LB Purdue

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/markus...1-9433ac97ac10

4. Likes:

North (04-25-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Rookie Tackles, especially playing LT, struggle mightily their first season. There were major questionmarks about whether he could even play LT in the NFL. He, too, won't have a training camp or OTA's. All signs point to a Top-5 pick next season, and that the Defense will be vastly improved.
    I'll say top 15. The Bengals could very well win 5-7 games this year. Denver picked 15th this year after winning 7 games last year.

I never graded it an "F". Man, I wish people could read posts. I graded the draft after the 2nd pick an "F".

It's still clueless...maybe not asinine
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

What they've done cumulative this off-season compared to last season are polar opposites. It's going to turn out better in the long run, but only if Burrow avoids being pressured 200 tims next season, and avoids being injured physically and mentally from the pressures and hits. He'll be forced to scramble too much and that's a bad thing. Dalton can start the season and take some of the dangers away as they ease him into the starting role. Then, with a Top-5 pick next season, they can get an elite LT, something nobody projected last year's 1st Rd pick to be....not elite,...not even close.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Looking forward to the Defense holding opponents to below 20 points per game on average when the season ends. They still have an elite punter and shouldn't get too many short fields.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Bengals 7th round pick:

Markus Bailey LB Purdue

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/markus...1-9433ac97ac10
    Nothing wrong with rolling the dice in the 7th round.

Predicting the Bengals' Defense holds opponents to 1.5 or less TD's per game.

Right now I'm giving the Bengals draft an A-/B+.

I'm disappointed that they waited so long to get an offensive lineman. (I'm really glad that they did grab one.) And I thought a rb might be possible. Otherwise, I like the picks, the attention to improving the defense, and I'm really looking forward to seeing Burrow passing to Higgins over the next few years.

Now, I'll be interested to see how active they are with undrafted free agent signings.

will look like every other promising Rookie, QB...LIKE CRAP, his rookie season.
    Kyler Murray looked very good just last year.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Speaking of Luck, do you think he’d come out of retirement with what the Colts have now?
    It's hard for me to believe he's really done at 30, but it's certainly possible. I don't blame him for not wanting to get beat up every year for a franchise not willing to go for it, so if they have changed that, then maybe.

I also thought the AFC might be a little more wide open (which would help Luck with the Colts) with the Patriots falling back to earth, but now KC looks like a juggernaut, with Baltimore not too far behind, so I guess not.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Nothing wrong with rolling the dice in the 7th round.
    Similar to the Rodney Anderson pick last year. Pick a guy who should have gone a few rounds before and pray he stays healthy. Hopefully he has better luck than Anderson

Taking three LBs makes me think the idea of making Shawn Williams a linebacker is out the window. If you get one starter and one solid backup out of the three then they done good.

Overall, between the off-season and the draft, and there's still UDFA's and June 1st cuts and September pickups to go, I give the Bengals an A-. Doesn't change the fact that I give them an "F" for Rounds 3-6 for the two reasons I mentioned,...failure to acquire at least one extra pick and not addressing the interior O-Line. But, if this failure results in them getting a Top-5 pick in next year's draft AND it's used on a LT, then that "A-" moves to an "A+" because it will have worked out in the end...like the 76ers. My bar is always set at an A+, especially when all the stars were alligned for it to happen this year. I do expect them to do well with UDFA's.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 04-25-2020 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    It's hard for me to believe he's really done at 30, but it's certainly possible. I don't blame him for not wanting to get beat up every year for a franchise not willing to go for it, so if they have changed that, then maybe.

I also thought the AFC might be a little more wide open (which would help Luck with the Colts) with the Patriots falling back to earth, but now KC looks like a juggernaut, with Baltimore not too far behind, so I guess not.
    BUF and MIA are going to be dominant, while MIA will be for years and years.

Turn Off Ads?