Turn Off Ads?
Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals Thread Part 2: The Joe Burrow Era is Almost Here!

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals Thread Part 2: The Joe Burrow Era is Almost Here!

Glad the Bengals drafted Jake Elliott to only cut him and sign the journeyman kicker in the first place. Hard to see how that wouldn't backfire.

But in all honesty, I really couldn't care less on the actual result of the game. I just wanted to see how Burrow looked and I saw everything I needed to see to know he's legit. There will definitely be some growing pains this year but next year there should be no excuses.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Willie Anderson dropping some OL blocking knowledge (with video)...

https://twitter.com/BigWillie7179/st...91685993332737
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

4. Likes:

schmidty622 (09-14-2020)

Joe Burrow thought guys like Bobby Hart were just rumors and ghost stories coaches would tell young Quarterbacks about to scare them.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    Glad the Bengals drafted Jake Elliott to only cut him and sign the journeyman kicker in the first place. Hard to see how that wouldn't backfire.

But in all honesty, I really couldn't care less on the actual result of the game. I just wanted to see how Burrow looked and I saw everything I needed to see to know he's legit. There will definitely be some growing pains this year but next year there should be no excuses.
    What’s worse is the Bengals had signed Bullock the year before and he lost games for them with his leg. The game on Christmas Eve against the Texans was the one that stuck out for me.

Then they wasted a draft pick on Elliott, decided they liked Bullock instead, and the rest is history.

At least give the Browns credit, they cut their kicker today after he missed a FG and extra point.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-14-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    What’s worse is the Bengals had signed Bullock the year before and he lost games for them with his leg. The game on Christmas Eve against the Texans was the one that stuck out for me.

Then they wasted a draft pick on Elliott, decided they liked Bullock instead, and the rest is history.

At least give the Browns credit, they cut their kicker today after he missed a FG and extra point.
    I know it feels better to see kickers get cut for missing, but given the instability the Browns have had at kicker for roughly forever, I'm not sure it really is productive unless they're sure there is a better option available.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Joe Burrow thought guys like Bobby Hart were just rumors and ghost stories coaches would tell young Quarterbacks about to scare them.
    Joe Burrow after the 2024 season: "And just like that, he was gone."

- - - Updated - - -

The greatest trick the Bengals ever pulled was convincing the city they wanted to win.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Joe Burrow after the 2024 season: "And just like that, he was gone."

- - - Updated - - -

The greatest trick the Bengals ever pulled was convincing the city they wanted to win.
    Ahh... not gonna get into the Bengals Front Office broken record. Better to focus on the positives from yesterday, and there are many of them.

I'm pretty sure the FO wants to win. As in "it would be nice to win." And Burrow is a champ. He has the makings of a top-tier QB, if his offensive line doesn't get his bell rung too many times. How many sacks yesterday, 3? That shot he took on the delayed handoff, chest to chest full speed... looked like it hurt. He can't take too many of those.

Bobby f'n Hart. That's gotta be the main concern.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post

Browns waived K Austin Seibert.
    Seibert, Cleveland's No. 170 overall pick in 2019, missed two kicks on Sunday — a PAT and a 40-yard FG — and was promptly replaced before Thursday's kick-off. Cody Parkey was signed from the practice squad and will make his debut in Cleveland's home opener.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I know it feels better to see kickers get cut for missing, but given the instability the Browns have had at kicker for roughly forever, I'm not sure it really is productive unless they're sure there is a better option available.
    That's what Belichick would do, and I think his track record for getting the most out of his players speaks for itself.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Why Hart is counted is well not baffling but shows fans why they think the FO does not give an F.

14. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-14-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    That's what Belichick would do, and I think his track record for getting the most out of his players speaks for itself.
    Adam Vinatieri and Steven Gostkowski would disagree with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

16. Likes:

Hoosier Red (09-15-2020)

Name:  DB995A64-3E62-4298-BED7-F4C2A23A652A.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  97.8 KB

Adam Vinatieri and Steven Gostkowski would disagree with you.
    But, they had way too many "clutch" kicks that won playoff games as support. What playoff games has Bullock won for the Bengals?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandRed View Post
    Name:  DB995A64-3E62-4298-BED7-F4C2A23A652A.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  97.8 KB
    And, there you have it. Cut the guy.

And they signed Cody Parkey of double-doink fame in the Bears playoff game a few years ago. I don't know, most kickers seem to be the journeymen, dime-a-dozen type.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

I've heard repeatedly from post-game comments yesterday from players from different games that they found it hard to get motivated, that it felt like a preseason game. That's true from players who are in it for the money, but as Jon Gruden stated, he's looking for players who just love to play football and in this environment those guys have no trouble motivating themselves and actually love playing in this environment because they simply love the competition.

It's clear to me that Joe Burrow is this type of guy. He clearly needs no crowd to motivate himself and isn't in it for the money. Being a Bengal doesn't matter and he loves that as much as wearing any uniform. He just wants to play football. His teammates recognize this and it's why they named him Captain. Dalton wasn't Captain. Whitworth was.

Bengals have a great foundation in Burrow and players will love playing with him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    And they signed Cody Parkey of double-doink fame in the Bears playoff game a few years ago. I don't know, most kickers seem to be the journeymen, dime-a-dozen type.
    Didn't Parkey get cut by the Eagles because they signed our guy? Pretty sure that's the case.

Turn Off Ads?