3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NASCAR to resume season in mid-May without spectators

Here's how NASCAR's Busch Light Clash at the Coliseum works
    Heat races lead to the main event

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/heres-h...coliseum-works
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Wasn't sure about the idea when I heard the Coliseum Clash, but in practice and quals it looks like it works. Oh and the new gen car looks great, but I freaking hate the number placement. Makes the cars look lopsided or something.

When my younger brother, now in his early 60s, stops following Nascar, tells them to go you know where - the only "sport" that ever really existed for him since childhod. Huge passion - then there is something seriously wrong with Nascar. Myself? I quit following Nascar in the mid-80s. I enjoyed going to the races, but not watching them on TV (lol). My "passion" wasn't that great. I was a Petty guy, and my brother Pearson (Wood Brothers).

But they've changed the "structure" of Nascar racing so much over the years I probably wouldn't recognize it anyway (lol).
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

They've been trying to listen to what vocal online fans say they want. People said there should be more road courses, there were 7 road races last year (which IMO was a little too many - there's six on the schedule this year). They said they wanted fewer 1.5 mile cookie cutters, they've done that. They gave Atlanta a second date, they gave Darlington a second date, they turned Bristol spring (normally a dead gate that got rained out half the time) into a dirt race that was a spectacle last year. California is turning into a short track after this season, and Nashville Fairgrounds is probably going to turn into a short track, as well.

There's three things they have absolutely not budged on: they refuse to get rid of the sham playoffs, they refuse to shorten the schedule, and they have kept the stage racing that's been very divisive.

Another thing that I think has really hurt them is that as guys like Dale Jr., Tony Stewart, and Jeff Gordon have retired, there haven't been long-time stalwarts to take their place. Once Kyle Busch and Kevin Harvick call it quits, there will be zero name recognition on the circuit. Teams have started "Moneyballing" drivers and replacing them with the same white-bread 22-year-olds, and the personalities of the drivers are nonexistent anymore. I don't know the difference between William Byron and Austin Cindric, and I don't really care that much, either.

I think it also hurts that hardly anyone has a full-season sponsor anymore. You don't know what the cars are going to look like from week to week.. imagine if the Reds wore neon green and orange one week, blue and white the next, and red and black the third week. There's that famous joke that sports fans are rooting for laundry... it's hard to even figure out who's wearing what laundry in NASCAR now. What's worse, if companies don't see an ROI on sponsorships, I don't even know what the fix would be.

8. Likes:

Roy Tucker (02-08-2022)

Today's Clash was phenomenal. Nascar did a great job with this.

10. Likes:

bm1475 (02-06-2022),goreds2 (02-07-2022)

I just got done watching it and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the duels!

12. Likes:

goreds2 (02-07-2022)

Turn Off Ads?