Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NASCAR to resume season in mid-May without spectators

NASCAR to resume season in mid-May without spectators

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NASCAR to resume season in mid-May without spectators

Nascar and Golf seem like the 2 sports that will have the easiest transition to playing in front of no fans.

I have not been into Nascar much since Dale Jr. retired....but they are smart to jump back in earlier than other sports. I know they have struggled with diminishing popularity, but I would bet this will be a great opportunity to get new potential fans checking out the races.

Weekend Preview: Ford drivers bid to end Coca-Cola 600 jinx

6 p.m. ET Sunday on FOX, PRN and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio).

https://www.taiwansnews.net/news/265...-cola-600-jinx

Chevrolet strong early....

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Chevrolet strong early....
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

8. Likes:

North (05-24-2020)

The idled cars after the 2nd legt lining up in pit row for 30 seconds of silence in remembrance was a nice thing.

10. Likes:

dubc47834 (05-26-2020)

Brad Keselowski and Ford wins.

Chase has been screwed out of two straight wins. And I don't really think either were his fault, not that Kyle spinning him was his fault obv. But tonight I think his crew chief made the right call. Late caution and he was leading, everyone behind him was gonna do the opposite of what he did. If he stayed out he was a sitting duck since Brad woulda pulled everyone to pit road for tires. But he did pit and managed a 3rd. lose/lose situation for Chase.

Was a boring race tho. This aero package doesn't work at Charlotte. Back to the drawing board for Nascar.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Chase has been screwed out of two straight wins. And I don't really think either were his fault, not that Kyle spinning him was his fault obv. But tonight I think his crew chief made the right call. Late caution and he was leading, everyone behind him was gonna do the opposite of what he did. If he stayed out he was a sitting duck since Brad woulda pulled everyone to pit road for tires. But he did pit and managed a 3rd. lose/lose situation for Chase.

Was a boring race tho. This aero package doesn't work at Charlotte. Back to the drawing board for Nascar.
    I have a sneaking feeling that the "word" was out - everybody, take no chances. They have far to many entrants as is, and have had so for decades, but c'mon, only three dnfs out of a card of 40?

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Brad Keselowski and Ford wins.
    LOL, I turned the television off with 9 laps to go....Elliot had a big lead and it just did not have that tense feeling like something was going to happen. So the headline surprised me this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    I have a sneaking feeling that the "word" was out - everybody, take no chances. They have far to many entrants as is, and have had so for decades, but c'mon, only three dnfs out of a card of 40?
    I was big into NASCAR in the 90’s but lost interest with the new tracks and boring packages - it’s a shame what the sport has become - I’m just curious about “the word” - do you mean NASCAR said “do not wreck”?

I think Nascar will bounce back eventually, and hopefully learn from their mistakes. They grew too fast in the 90's and early 2000's, but allowed itself to grow on a very few drivers/names....mostly Earnhardt and to a lesser degree Gordon. It became easy money, but they should have developed a strategy to more evenly spread out the branding of the drivers. Now that Dale, Junior and Gordon are no longer driving, and Johnson's on his last laps, I get the feeling they are taking that approach this time around. It will be a slower climb, but far more sustainable. Finally, this is a personal opinion, but I do think the sport has to find a way to become less controlled by the France family or any small group and they need to become a little more standardized in the way they govern to sport.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I was big into NASCAR in the 90’s but lost interest with the new tracks and boring packages - it’s a shame what the sport has become - I’m just curious about “the word” - do you mean NASCAR said “do not wreck”?
    Do not wreck = do not take chances that may cause a collision. I did not say Nascar said it.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I think Nascar will bounce back eventually, and hopefully learn from their mistakes. They grew too fast in the 90's and early 2000's, but allowed itself to grow on a very few drivers/names....mostly Earnhardt and to a lesser degree Gordon. It became easy money, but they should have developed a strategy to more evenly spread out the branding of the drivers. Now that Dale, Junior and Gordon are no longer driving, and Johnson's on his last laps, I get the feeling they are taking that approach this time around. It will be a slower climb, but far more sustainable. Finally, this is a personal opinion, but I do think the sport has to find a way to become less controlled by the France family or any small group and they need to become a little more standardized in the way they govern to sport.
    I think Elliott will be a superstar once he starts winning more races. Blaney has a big fan base as well. So did Larson...

Turn Off Ads?